By: Sarah July 23rd, 2014
Sprint Teams with Google to Offer Google Apps for Business
Sprint’s mobility expertise paired with high-touch service and support delivers comprehensive, customer-friendly cloud-based solution
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), July 23, 2014 – As a major mobility provider, Sprint (NYSE: S) will be offering Google Apps for Business in a move that will allow the company to seamlessly support business adoption of Google’s cloud-based productivity solutions so they can benefit from robust collaboration and mobilization tools.
Sprint delivers a comprehensive, mobile-centric offering of Google Apps, available in August, with:
- Service and support – Full array of deployment and support services to help businesses plan and use the solution across all employees, along with ongoing 24/7 support and online training included at no charge … all with a mobile-centric approach that enables the use of Google Apps on mobile devices.
- Complete solution – Sprint serves as the one-stop shop for businesses by packaging all elements needed to support a comprehensive cloud-based collaboration experience. This includes value-added offers such as single sign-on. With Sprint’s broad portfolio for business, it can help build the “complete solution” tailored to specific needs that will help businesses build a new workforce experience, simplify IT management and ultimately fuel growth.
- Mobile expertise – Sprint has built America’s Newest Network from the ground up, delivering faster speeds and better call quality so businesses can collaborate and get work done faster. Sprint’s network will continue to evolve to meet growing business demands, including the latest innovations of Sprint Spark and HD Voice. Sprint also brings an innovative device portfolio so employees can work how they want to work.
“Sprint offers a variety of mobile tools to accommodate multigenerational work styles within the workplace, helping people to boost productivity and collaborate from virtually anywhere,” said Mike Fitz, vice president of business solution commercialization, Sprint Business. “Google’s versatile toolbox makes it simple for businesses large and small to integrate best-in-class, cloud-based solutions. As a trusted wireless leader, we offer the most comprehensive approach across all business segments. When combined with the flexibility of our new Fusion pricing plans, Sprint delivers the perfect balance of mobility and collaboration tools that today’s business require.”
By: Sarah July 14th, 2014
With a shiny new network and state-of-the-art equipment in place, Sprint shifts its focus to local market optimization
By Dr. John Saw, Chief Network Officer, Sprint
As we finish the rip and replace of our 3G network, as well as reach 471 4G LTE markets, we now have a completely new platform in place. This is where the fun begins as we shift much of our focus and resources on local market optimization. By optimization, we simply mean the implementation of various technologies and techniques to make our network more efficient and deliver improved performance and faster data speeds. Each cell site within our network is like a single puzzle piece that when first deployed is roughly cut. Our job with optimization is to take a surgical approach to every site and make sure each one fits perfectly into the overall network puzzle.
By: Sarah June 24th, 2014
All-new network gains momentum with nationwide launch of HD Voice, expansion of 4G LTE and Sprint Spark service
CHICAGO (BUSINESS WIRE), June 23, 2014 – Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced nationwide availability of HD Voice, as well as 28 new 4G LTE markets and three new Sprint Spark™ markets. To mark the milestones and the network’s improved performance, Sprint also announced a satisfaction guarantee inviting users to experience Sprint service risk-free for 30 days.
“We believe customers will be delighted with the Sprint retail experience, our customer service, and the performance of America’s newest network,” said Dan Hesse, Sprint Chief Executive Officer, “so we’re guaranteeing it.”
After a complete rip-and-replace overhaul of its 3G network and the deployment of 4G LTE in 471 markets, Sprint has transformed its network to deliver faster data speeds and improved call quality, with a marked decrease in dropped and blocked calls. New market launches, coverage expansions, and technical network advancements will continue in the coming months.
By: Sarah June 24th, 2014
Exclusive Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport, available July 25, and other mobile technology innovations will support healthy lifestyles with fitness tracking, educational information, applications and more
CHICAGO (BUSINESS WIRE), June 23, 2014 – Sprint (NYSE:S) is stepping up its presence in the growing health and fitness markets, announcing today the launch of an exclusive device from Samsung Telecommunications America and a collaboration with health and fitness market leaders Under Armour and MapMyFitness to offer mobile solutions for today’s active lifestyles.
Sprint will provide convenient mobile access to fitness tracking, educational information, and music, as well as offer applications to help consumers as they exercise, watch what they eat and take better care of themselves.
Sprint will launch on Friday, July 25 the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport, an exclusive new Spark-enabled smartphone with both the hardware and software for today’s health-conscious users. Among the handset’s many features is S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out workouts, and make healthier eating choices. It even monitors heart rate before and after activity with a built-in heart-rate monitor. Samsung’s exclusive Activity Zone app is preloaded on Galaxy S 5 Sport offering the ability to open active lifestyle features, including a barometer, compass, flashlight and stopwatch from a single screen.
By: Sarah June 24th, 2014
A private social media space to keep connected with family and friends
CHICAGO (BUSINESS WIRE), June 23, 2014 – To help mobile users better organize, communicate and share information with those who matter most, Sprint (NYSE: S) is launchingSprint Framily Wallsm, a private and secure social media space for customers to connect.
Sprint is the first national wireless carrier to provide a private social media space for consumers to connect to the people and things that matter most to them. Sprint Framily Wall is available at no additional charge to Framily Plan customers or existing Sprint customers. At launch, the application will be available in Google Play and Sprint Zone for Android users. Sprint Framily Wall is expected to be available soon for the iPhone, iPad, Android Tablet, Windows Phone and the Web.
By: Sarah June 24th, 2014
Stay on top of your game with a smartphone built for the athletic lifestyle
- Sprint Spark™, a unique combination of advanced network capabilities built for datadelivering peak wireless speeds of 60Mbps today on capable devices
- Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm®Snapdragon® MSM8974AB chipset)
- Sprint Fit LiveSM delivers instant access to favorite health and activity apps from the active wallpaper or the full screen experience to tailor workouts, music and healthy living content to fitness interests and routine
- MapMyFitness uses GPS to track all fitness activities, and records workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned and route traveled on an interactive map
- Activity Zone offers the ability to open active lifestyle features, including a Barometer, Compass, Flashlight and Stopwatch, from a single screen
- S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out your workouts and make healthier eating choices, even measure your heart rate when touching the back of Galaxy S 5 Sport
- Multi Window™2 allows users to seamlessly toggle between applications without closing a window or opening a new page
- Quick Connect defaults to the best technology to share your content, send files, share your screen or control nearby devices
- NFC (near field communication) allowing the device to read information from everyday objects, such as stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips, or for use as a mobile wallet to make secure purchases
- Samsung Knox™ to help ensure that businesses have the security and control they require to protect sensitive data
- Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Hangouts™
- Google Mobile™ wireless services, suc h as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™, Drive and YouTube™
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi® enabled devices simultaneously
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- HD Voice, virtually eliminating background noise and sound quality is dramatically enhanced on a call between two Sprint HD Voice-enabled devices on upgraded areas of the Sprint network
- IP67 water and dust resistant3
- Textured body for increased grip and three hard keys for easier navigation when active
By: Sarah June 23rd, 2014
4G LTE Launched Markets as of June 23, 2014
Sprint now offers 4G LTE service in the following markets:
- Abbeville, La.
- Aberdeen, Wash.
- Abilene, Texas
- Adrian, Mich.
- Akron, Ohio
- Albany, Ga.
- Albany/Corvallis, Ore.
- Albemarle, N.C.
- Albertville, Ala.
- Alexandria, La.
- Allegan, Mich.
- Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, Pa.
- Altoona, Pa.
- Amarillo, Texas
- Ames, Iowa
- Amsterdam, N.Y.
- Anderson, Ind.
- Anderson, S.C.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Anniston/Oxford, Ala.
- Appleton, Wis.
- Ardmore, Okla.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Ashland, Ohio
- Ashtabula, Ohio
- Athens, Ga.
- Athens, Tenn.
- Athens, Texas
- Atlantic City, N.J.
- Auburn/Opelika, Ala.
- Augusta, Ga.
- Austin, Texas
- Bakersfield, Calif.
By: Sarah June 20th, 2014
It looks like our competitors agree with us that streaming music is a big deal and important to customers. That is why we announced our exclusive offer with Spotify over a month ago. Sprint exclusively offers our customers access to Spotify’s catalogue of +20 million songs for either three or six months for FREE, plus reduced Spotify Premium pricing for 18 months for Sprint customers on Framily plans (up to $7.99/mo/line. After 24 months $9.99/mo/line; cancel at any time). And, with unlimited data, you don’t have to worry about overages or sharing while on the Sprint network.
Best of all, we make it affordable. With the Sprint Framily Plan, you can get unlimited talk, text and data for as little as $45 per month while on the Sprint network with at least seven Framily members.
By: Sarah June 20th, 2014
Basic Talk ‘n’ Text customers now have access to unlimited plan options at Walmart
WARREN, N.J. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 20, 2014 – Starting tomorrow, payLo by Virgin Mobile will offer customers an affordable choice for domestic unlimited voice or unlimited texting at just $20 per month, available exclusively at Walmart.
For budget-conscious consumers looking to stay connected, but who don’t need a smartphone,payLo offers affordable devices and value-driven monthly plans. Now, customers who purchase a Kyocera Kona or Samsung Montage in participating Walmart stores or at Walmart.com can choose between two exclusive $20/month offers:
- $20 Unlimited Talk (includes unlimited voice and 50 messages)
- $20 Unlimited Text (includes unlimited messaging and 50 minutes of voice)
By: Sarah June 17th, 2014
Rural Roaming Preferred Program Accelerates Deployment and Utilization of 4G LTE in Underserved Areas Across the U.S.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 16, 2014 – Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced that it has reached 4G LTE agreements with 12 rural and regional network carriers, giving smaller carriers a clear path forward to high speed mobile broadband solutions. Furthering the initiatives announced in March by Sprint, Competitive Carriers Association (CCA) and the NetAmerica Alliance, these agreements seek to increase wireless competition by providing the carriers – and their customers – low-cost access to Sprint’s nationwide 4G LTE network and an opportunity to pursue an expanded range of mobile devices. These agreements also help accelerate the deployment and utilization of 4G LTE across America where the cost of building such networks and the roaming costs are often prohibitively expensive.
Along with Sprint’s previously announced amended agreement with nTelos to extend their Strategic Network Alliance through 2022, the Rural Roaming Preferred Program – which was developed in conjunction with CCA – now extends coverage to 23 states, over 352,000 thousand square miles and a population of over 34 million people. Today’s announcement highlights agreements with 12 new carriers: