By: Sarah June 24th, 2014
Stay on top of your game with a smartphone built for the athletic lifestyle
- Sprint Spark™, a unique combination of advanced network capabilities built for datadelivering peak wireless speeds of 60Mbps today on capable devices
- Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm®Snapdragon® MSM8974AB chipset)
- Sprint Fit LiveSM delivers instant access to favorite health and activity apps from the active wallpaper or the full screen experience to tailor workouts, music and healthy living content to fitness interests and routine
- MapMyFitness uses GPS to track all fitness activities, and records workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned and route traveled on an interactive map
- Activity Zone offers the ability to open active lifestyle features, including a Barometer, Compass, Flashlight and Stopwatch, from a single screen
- S Health™1, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out your workouts and make healthier eating choices, even measure your heart rate when touching the back of Galaxy S 5 Sport
- Multi Window™2 allows users to seamlessly toggle between applications without closing a window or opening a new page
- Quick Connect defaults to the best technology to share your content, send files, share your screen or control nearby devices
- NFC (near field communication) allowing the device to read information from everyday objects, such as stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips, or for use as a mobile wallet to make secure purchases
- Samsung Knox™ to help ensure that businesses have the security and control they require to protect sensitive data
- Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Hangouts™
- Google Mobile™ wireless services, suc h as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™, Drive and YouTube™
- 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi® enabled devices simultaneously
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- HD Voice, virtually eliminating background noise and sound quality is dramatically enhanced on a call between two Sprint HD Voice-enabled devices on upgraded areas of the Sprint network
- IP67 water and dust resistant3
- Textured body for increased grip and three hard keys for easier navigation when active
By: Sarah June 23rd, 2014
4G LTE Launched Markets as of June 23, 2014
Sprint now offers 4G LTE service in the following markets:
- Abbeville, La.
- Aberdeen, Wash.
- Abilene, Texas
- Adrian, Mich.
- Akron, Ohio
- Albany, Ga.
- Albany/Corvallis, Ore.
- Albemarle, N.C.
- Albertville, Ala.
- Alexandria, La.
- Allegan, Mich.
- Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, Pa.
- Altoona, Pa.
- Amarillo, Texas
- Ames, Iowa
- Amsterdam, N.Y.
- Anderson, Ind.
- Anderson, S.C.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Anniston/Oxford, Ala.
- Appleton, Wis.
- Ardmore, Okla.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Ashland, Ohio
- Ashtabula, Ohio
- Athens, Ga.
- Athens, Tenn.
- Athens, Texas
- Atlantic City, N.J.
- Auburn/Opelika, Ala.
- Augusta, Ga.
- Austin, Texas
- Bakersfield, Calif.
By: Sarah June 20th, 2014
It looks like our competitors agree with us that streaming music is a big deal and important to customers. That is why we announced our exclusive offer with Spotify over a month ago. Sprint exclusively offers our customers access to Spotify’s catalogue of +20 million songs for either three or six months for FREE, plus reduced Spotify Premium pricing for 18 months for Sprint customers on Framily plans (up to $7.99/mo/line. After 24 months $9.99/mo/line; cancel at any time). And, with unlimited data, you don’t have to worry about overages or sharing while on the Sprint network.
Best of all, we make it affordable. With the Sprint Framily Plan, you can get unlimited talk, text and data for as little as $45 per month while on the Sprint network with at least seven Framily members.
By: Sarah June 20th, 2014
Basic Talk ‘n’ Text customers now have access to unlimited plan options at Walmart
WARREN, N.J. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 20, 2014 – Starting tomorrow, payLo by Virgin Mobile will offer customers an affordable choice for domestic unlimited voice or unlimited texting at just $20 per month, available exclusively at Walmart.
For budget-conscious consumers looking to stay connected, but who don’t need a smartphone,payLo offers affordable devices and value-driven monthly plans. Now, customers who purchase a Kyocera Kona or Samsung Montage in participating Walmart stores or at Walmart.com can choose between two exclusive $20/month offers:
- $20 Unlimited Talk (includes unlimited voice and 50 messages)
- $20 Unlimited Text (includes unlimited messaging and 50 minutes of voice)
By: Sarah June 17th, 2014
Rural Roaming Preferred Program Accelerates Deployment and Utilization of 4G LTE in Underserved Areas Across the U.S.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 16, 2014 – Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced that it has reached 4G LTE agreements with 12 rural and regional network carriers, giving smaller carriers a clear path forward to high speed mobile broadband solutions. Furthering the initiatives announced in March by Sprint, Competitive Carriers Association (CCA) and the NetAmerica Alliance, these agreements seek to increase wireless competition by providing the carriers – and their customers – low-cost access to Sprint’s nationwide 4G LTE network and an opportunity to pursue an expanded range of mobile devices. These agreements also help accelerate the deployment and utilization of 4G LTE across America where the cost of building such networks and the roaming costs are often prohibitively expensive.
Along with Sprint’s previously announced amended agreement with nTelos to extend their Strategic Network Alliance through 2022, the Rural Roaming Preferred Program – which was developed in conjunction with CCA – now extends coverage to 23 states, over 352,000 thousand square miles and a population of over 34 million people. Today’s announcement highlights agreements with 12 new carriers:
By: Sarah June 17th, 2014
Up to 50,000 students to receive Sprint Spark high-speed wireless broadband service for off-campus digital learning
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 13, 2014 – With 67 percent of teachers and 58 percent of parents nationwide agreeing that mobile learning curriculum helps students extend their education beyond the school day1, Sprint (NYSE:S) is proud to move forward with its commitment to the White House ConnectED initiative with the launch of its online ConnectED application and information portal.
Starting today, invited educational institutions and school districts can use this portal to apply to receive up to four years of Sprint Spark high-speed wireless broadband connectivity to support off-campus digital learning opportunities. Through Sprint’s in-kind support of ConnectED, up to 50,000 students across the U.S. will be able to take advantage of their school’s digital learning curriculum and resources outside the classroom.
By: Sarah June 11th, 2014
The Importance of Quality Sound – HARMAN’s Clari-Fi Technology for Sprint’s HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon Edition/Interview with Dinesh Paliwal, President and Chief Executive Officer of Harman International
An Interview by Nichole Pichardo, Communications Manager for Sprint
The age of digital audio is both a blessing and a curse for audiophiles. While access to music has never been better and songs can be downloaded at the tap of a thumb, digital compression means sounds really aren’t as rich as they were in the good old days, when analog was at its peak.
As a forerunner in mobile music, Sprint, along with its collaborators at HTC and Harman Kardon, recognized this need to set new music standards, especially as they pertain to the mobile industry. This need to redefine the way people listen to music on their smartphones resulted in the launch of a groundbreaking handset –the HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition – sold exclusively by Sprint.
By: Sarah June 6th, 2014
Page Porter knew that to win in the ultra-competitive Atlanta towing wars, it would take technology and innovation not to be left on the side of the road.
Porter, CEO of A-Tow Inc., relies onActsoft Comet Fleet and Actsoft Wireless Forms to keep her drivers and 44 tow trucks operating as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
“Overly aggressive accelerations by drivers were burning out expensive engine parts, and wasted fuel from idling was straining my bottom line,” Porter said. “We began using Actsoft’s Comet Fleet and saw an immediate 10 to 15 percent cost savings.”
By: Sarah June 3rd, 2014
Sprint is offering a second chance for postpaid and prepaid customers who want to take advantage of comprehensive coverage with a protection plan perfectly designed for the device they own
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 03, 2014 – Season pool pass? Check. Charcoal for grill? Check. Device protection in the event of damage, theft and viruses? Sprint (NYSE: S) customers can check off one more item from their summer to-do list. During the month of June, Sprint is giving customers who originally opted out of its device protection program at the time of purchase another chance to enroll. Sprint offers a device protection plan perfect for a range of devices – including prepaid phones – from service and repair to device replacement, data protection and technical support.
Sprint’s device protection covers wireless phones, smartphones, Sprint mobile broadband cards, tablets, netbooks and notebooks.
Regardless of the type of device, for $7 per month for prepaid coverage and a range of $8 to $13 per month for postpaid coverage, customers receive comprehensive coverage that includes protection from loss, theft, accidental damage, device malfunction and threats to private data.
“It’s nearly impossible to replicate the peace of mind from knowing the valuable information we all carry in our phones is protected and that someone is there to help when it’s needed,” said Jaime Jones, senior vice president-Consumer Sales. “Not to mention the fact that with device protection, customers will have a solution in place, so if the unexpected happens, they can avoid having to blow their budget on a replacement device.”
By: Sarah June 2nd, 2014
America’s Newest Network provides a greater wireless coverage and capacity footprint during times of an emergency weather event
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), June 02, 2014 – While the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is forecasting a below-average number of storms for the 2014 Atlantic Hurricane season, Sprint (NYSE:S) and the Sprint Emergency Response Team (ERT)announced that they are prepared to immediately respond if a storm strikes.