Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 181 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
laursifer
JazzNuggets

Phone: BlackBerry Tour
Trades: 4
SU$: 16,041
Send a message via AIM to laursifer
How to Trace a Malicious (Unavailable ID) Call

We can do a malicious call trace...
here is how it works...

The purpose for a Malicious Call Trace is to process a report detailing harassing, threatening and/or malicious calls at the request of a customer. A report is generated that produces a log of all incoming and outgoing calls for a period up to 45 days from present date.

Additional Details :

All calls must have been made within the last 45 days to be traced. Any calls older than 45 days are no longer traceable.

The customer will be charged a $20 non-refundable fee on their PCS account when the Account Holder's Consent form is processed by the Call Trace Department.
Inform the customer that there is no guarantee that all incoming calls will be identified during the call trace process.

Law Enforcement is no longer required to be involved for a Malicious Call Trace to be processed. The trace results will be released directly to the customer.
Customer will receive the Subscriber Consent Form within 3 - 5 business days once requested from the Call Trace Department. This form MUST be notarized.

Once the completed and notarized forms are received by the Call Trace Department, the customer will receive the results within one business day by fax or three to five days by U. S. Mail.

If you or the customer have further questions about the Malicious Call Trace Process, contact the Call Trace Department at (866) 259-7534, (Monday - Friday 7:00am and 5:00 pm Central)

Originally posted by SprintTech2, here: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95436
paco77 (10-15-2009), tciapita (03-20-2012), VAHALL17 (11-19-2009)
Old 10-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
JTBWPhoto
The B&W Photographer

Phone: iPhone5 & 4S
SU$: 666
Ok, so why do other carriers list the incoming callers number on the bill, yet Sprint charges $20 for this info? If I'm getting the caller ID on my handset, why is is that difficult to print it on the bill?

Hmmmmmmmm?
Old 10-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
a656991
live free

SU$: 1,753
Thats my biggest question... other carriers, such as Tmobile list the incoming numbers as well as include a record of each incomming and outgoing text messasage (not the actual message content, jsut the number) on their bills. If we have the information, why don't we just include it on the customers' bills? Yes the incoming numbers are pulled from a different data system, but still, you would think it would save sprint some time and their cusotmers some hassle. If they want to reduce churn, they better start thinking of ways to make their customers happy!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
SMix713
Telegraph User

Phone: A900
SU$: 60
I think you guys are missing the point here. This is not talking about a call log of all your calls. That would be a detailed bill. That does cost you $2.50 extra to have printed due to cost of paper. What they are talking about is people who are calling and on your phone it shows up Unknown Caller, No Id, etc. When a number doesn't show up, you are usually not going to find out who it was. This service that Sprint is offering allows you to find out who it is. The main purpose would be the girl who's ex-bf keeps calling like a psycho from his house phone with *67. This will get the raw data as Chrisawebb said from the towers which 9/10 times will have the real callers information. Or at least their phone number. Make a little more sense? hope it helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to SMix713 For This Useful Post:
NuYawka (06-15-2014)
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
dafydd.ieuans
Telegraph User

Phone: Photon Q 4G LTE
SU$: 346
this decision was made basically because not all cell companies[roaming providers] provide sprint with the numbers to begin with. [or for that fact to t-mobile] sprint made the decision to simply not print any of the info to avoid confusion, where t-mobile prints all it can, and then customers call and complain about the one's that donot get captured and come up as unknown on the bill.

basically it's a your darned if you do and if ya don't thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofreq
Ok, so why do other carriers list the incoming callers number on the bill, yet Sprint charges $20 for this info? If I'm getting the caller ID on my handset, why is is that difficult to print it on the bill?

Hmmmmmmmm?
Old 12-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
mamahnita
The Ultamate Mom

Mood: Cool
Phone: Samsung Galaxy2
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 6,190
Send a message via Yahoo to mamahnita Send a message via Skype™ to mamahnita
While thank I thought that was just a CSI thing they do in the movies and tv shows for a minute. Didn't know you could have it done for 45 days.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
rr42101
Two Cans & String User

Phone: a900
SU$: 12
thanks i will haveto utilize this
Old 02-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
Goodgyrl
Keeping up with the Jones

Phone: Blackberry 8330
SU$: 4,943
Send a message via AIM to Goodgyrl
I'm not sure if sprint still does this. Becasue I called them with the exact problem a few months ago and they said it was nothing they could do. Then I asked if I could put a block on blocked calls and they told me no.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #9

SU$: 0
does sprint charge the users account if law enforcement issues a subpoena for phone records? because this may be an up and coming issue for me my x-boss is pressing charges on my best friend (and possibly me) because he is receiving threatening phone calls at work im not doing it, and will willingly co-operate but i want to know if i will be charged, because if i am ill want reimbursement when i get proven innocent by my phone records.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #10
l0fls
Telegraph User

Phone: KRZR
SU$: 42
i assume 1 or 2 extra peices of paper for every customer they have, 12 times a year is ALOT of money spent on paper. also why give it to you when they can make you pay for it....
what ya gonna do about it
Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Nate-dawg
Telegraph User

Phone: Moto Q9C
SU$: 290
For the people that think this thread is about detailed billing - Most people can get detailed billing for free. You just needed to ask for it when you originally signed up. Call Sprint and they might switch over for free.

For the people that understand what this thread is really about - Very interesting to know. Most people use *67 so they won't get harnessed by the party they're calling, but now it's clear that you can't completely protect yourself using it. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #12
Chaldo
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 12
okay, quick question. say my brother is getting blocked calls on his verizon phone.. can i forward all those calls to my sprint phone and still be able to do this? thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM   #13
Goodgyrl
Keeping up with the Jones

Phone: Blackberry 8330
SU$: 4,943
Send a message via AIM to Goodgyrl
call forwarding means transferring ALL CALLS from one phone to another. and I don't see how it would work seeing they are actually calling your brother and not you. But I could be wrong
Old 04-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
testuser
Telegraph User

SU$: 187
not sure how they do the trace... but if i forward a phone line (tried landlines, sprint cell phone, non-sprint cell phones) to my sprint phone or a regular phone with ANI-based caller id, it shows the original number that called...

the only time it differed, is if i forwarded an office IP phone line (which is configurable to show what you want, given proper permissions).

but this trace that sprint is doing, is probably not ANI based... its before that
Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #15
Executive5529
Telegraph User

Phone: iDEN Moto i580
SU$: 236
Not having incoming calls on your bill is not a choice made by us at Sprint, it is a limitation of our Presidential billing system. With the release of the UBS, customers will have the option to view incoming calls as does Nextel at this point.

Just an FYI, a standard bill doesnt gives you ONLY calls that billed in a casual rate. (for example, roaming, long distance, overage, etc.) a detailed bill will give you full call detail but this does not include incoming calls.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > How to Trace a Malicious (Unavailable ID) Call

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: