Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #1
moistpumpkin
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung A620
SU$: 12
Strange Text Messages

I've been recieving some very strange text messages on my Samsung A620 phone, and I don't know what to do about it. Hopefully someone will see this and let me know what to do, or at least that I'm not the only one.

For starters, let me point out that these messages are not normal. Usually, I get a notification message that says "New Short Mail. Select 'Go' to read it." followed by a web address. I click Go, and it opens my web browser and takes me to my short mail inbox. On the other hand, when I get an official Sprint text message notififying me of changes to my account or something similar, instead of the 'go to' message, I get the text directly on my screen without connection to the web. But, only messages from Sprint are viewed like this. Until a few weeks ago.

I got a 5 consecutive text messages over a 5 minutes period telling some elaborate story about a woman accepting her daughter's lesbianism and going to a gay-friendly meeting with her and her friends. I thought it was pr0n to begin with, but by the second message it was obvious that it was just a story of acceptance. Now, I am not a woman, nor am I a homosexual, nor do I have a problem with homosexuals, so I was a little baffled by these messages, but I moved on. There was no phone number, website, or email address that I could extract from these messages, making them virtually untraceable (at least from my phone). And, to reiterate, these messages were sent directly to my phone (i.e. the official Sprint messages) not linked to my Short Mail inbox like most of my normal text messages.

I erased those messages, and moved on with my life.

Last night and this morning, though, I received four more messages... this time with a much more unpleasant demeanor. In fact, all of these messages have disturbing anti-semitic remarks as well as strange religious comments. Here is the text, at least as much as I'm comfortable posting on the internet. The first one says "Jesus wants you to stop mastur***ing. God's most intimate love (likened unto sex) is always shared with others- and never is directed toward himself." The second one simply says "REPENT." With the third one begins the antisemitic comments (which i will leave out) "Are you prepared for the coming of the Lord? Idle hands lead to damnation. Don't let the *** pull the blinds over your eyes." Then the fourth one, if censored, looks like this "Don't trust ** ****** ****." You'll just have to use your imagination.

Can anybody help me?? Is anyone else getting these? I was hoping that this was some sort of spam mass email, but I can't find anyone else's post about it. Is there some way of extracting where this message originated (like the header of an email)? I don't think that any of my friends are smart enough to be able to send a text message like this. I wouldn't be as freaked out if these were coming through my Short Mail, but these are coming to my phone like official Sprint messages. I just don't know what to do.

Wayne
moistpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:22 PM   #2
NINO63004
Put your Ad Here

Phone: Droid 2
Trades: 18
SU$: 20,000
the only thing i can think of is someone or yourself not knowingly signed up for those text services (ex:the jokes a day). next time you get one of these messages try sending the message back if you can with STOP. not sure if this would work at all but its the only thing i can think of. but as you send they are untraceable pretty much. so i dont know what you can do. if you can send a message back try sending STOP like i mentioned above. you could always call CS or take it in to the nearest sprint store and see what they can do.

Nino
NINO63004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
Dale
Forum Member

Phone: Toshiba 4050
SU$: 10,942
It's hit or miss. When I finally found someone in the company that knew how to fix it, it was wonderful, but it took a while tho to get it all fixed and stuff.
Line 1 ($15.40/mo): 870 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. Line 2 ($8.23/mo): 320 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. Lines 3-8 ($86.96/mo): 2000 at, nw 6pm, m2m, fimf, vision & pics, unl sms. U590 Card & BlackBerry 8703e ($0.00/mo): 600 at, unl data & sms. (Roaming Included) Why did Sprint lose over a million customers recently? May 2008 Bill - Over $135 in bogus charges!
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
morningstar1844
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Treo 650
SU$: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by moistpumpkin
I've been recieving some very strange text messages on my Samsung A620 phone, and I don't know what to do about it. Hopefully someone will see this and let me know what to do, or at least that I'm not the only one.

For starters, let me point out that these messages are not normal. Usually, I get a notification message that says "New Short Mail. Select 'Go' to read it." followed by a web address. I click Go, and it opens my web browser and takes me to my short mail inbox. On the other hand, when I get an official Sprint text message notififying me of changes to my account or something similar, instead of the 'go to' message, I get the text directly on my screen without connection to the web. But, only messages from Sprint are viewed like this. Until a few weeks ago.

I got a 5 consecutive text messages over a 5 minutes period telling some elaborate story about a woman accepting her daughter's lesbianism and going to a gay-friendly meeting with her and her friends. I thought it was pr0n to begin with, but by the second message it was obvious that it was just a story of acceptance. Now, I am not a woman, nor am I a homosexual, nor do I have a problem with homosexuals, so I was a little baffled by these messages, but I moved on. There was no phone number, website, or email address that I could extract from these messages, making them virtually untraceable (at least from my phone). And, to reiterate, these messages were sent directly to my phone (i.e. the official Sprint messages) not linked to my Short Mail inbox like most of my normal text messages.

I erased those messages, and moved on with my life.

Last night and this morning, though, I received four more messages... this time with a much more unpleasant demeanor. In fact, all of these messages have disturbing anti-semitic remarks as well as strange religious comments. Here is the text, at least as much as I'm comfortable posting on the internet. The first one says "Jesus wants you to stop mastur***ing. God's most intimate love (likened unto sex) is always shared with others- and never is directed toward himself." The second one simply says "REPENT." With the third one begins the antisemitic comments (which i will leave out) "Are you prepared for the coming of the Lord? Idle hands lead to damnation. Don't let the *** pull the blinds over your eyes." Then the fourth one, if censored, looks like this "Don't trust ** ****** ****." You'll just have to use your imagination.

Can anybody help me?? Is anyone else getting these? I was hoping that this was some sort of spam mass email, but I can't find anyone else's post about it. Is there some way of extracting where this message originated (like the header of an email)? I don't think that any of my friends are smart enough to be able to send a text message like this. I wouldn't be as freaked out if these were coming through my Short Mail, but these are coming to my phone like official Sprint messages. I just don't know what to do.

Wayne

I haven't rec any texts like that. I send and rec text messages daily. But thank you for your posting.

Jerry G.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Crazydave
Two Cans & String User

Phone: katana 2
SU$: 25
i got some weird texts too. like they were directed towards me. i got em back on march 11. they said "hey dave last night was fun...we should do it again sometime. i know this is akward but i left my panties in your truck. see you soon babe ily" that was the first text. and im like *** cause i never cheated on my girlfriend and my truck was sitting in my driveway with a dead engine. the second one said" oh i forgot,i looked at your girlfriends myspace... shees way prettyer than you described.oh well ill see you tomorow babe ily" i got em both back to back and their isnt any number or anything where it came from. my phone says From: . so yeah im still pissed cause my girlfriend was sitting on the couch when i opened it and she was kinda worried for a lil bit there. and i think its this one kid who has been tryin go get me and her broken up cause he thinks he has some chance with her... idk. he needs to be shot in face or something. so yeah im tryin to figure out how whoever did it managed to do it. if anyone knows how to do this tell me please, thank you.
Crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
jh101_7
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Bored
Phone: VZW iPhone
Trades: 9
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 1,958
the sprint website will let you send "untraceable" texts.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #7
laurkar2006
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Stressed
Phone: HTCLTE/PhontonQ
Trades: 1
My Mood: Stressed
SU$: 17,244
Send a message via Yahoo to laurkar2006
yes anyone can send untraceable texts from a computer to any cell phone from the servers site on any cell server, if you get a number though you can block it on SPRINTS site. Good Luck both of you, I understand how that can be trust me
Mach LG, 2 lines with Samsung Galaxy S4Q

Nites free at 6 on all lines
laurkar2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > Strange Text Messages

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: