Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
delano31
Two Cans & String User

Phone: sanyo
SU$: 78
Recovering Deleted Text Messages

Hi Everyone,
I just found your site and it's really well put together. I'm wondering if there is anyway to retrieve deleted text messages. My daughter has a phone (my account) and has used and obscene amount of text messages. When I question her, she has already deleted them. I'm concerned about the crowd she's been hanging out with and would like to make sure that the text messages are innocent. Is there a way to see them on the web site or the phone?
Thanks for any help!
delano31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
laursifer
JazzNuggets

Phone: BlackBerry Tour
Trades: 4
SU$: 16,041
Send a message via AIM to laursifer
No way to recover deleted text messages I don't think, but you can at least see how many she gets on your bill. It will tell you how many she used.

Welcome to SU. (:
Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
delano31
Two Cans & String User

I found that on the bill, but no details as to phone numbers messaged or times. I was hoping for a needle in a haystack.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:59 PM   #4
Deval
Resident Phone Expert

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Changes Daily
Trades: 3
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 92,979
Send a message via AIM to Deval Send a message via MSN to Deval Send a message via Yahoo to Deval
yeah you cant get that much detail on the bills...will only show # of messages

Phones
iPhone 5
Blackberry Bold 9930

Deval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:29 PM   #5
delano31
Two Cans & String User

Yes but is it possible to have the messages retrieved through the company?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:04 AM   #6
FloorMatt
Retired Admin
3D rEVOlution

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
Trades: 10
SU$: 13,704
I don't think that Sprint saves the messages that are going through the SMS Gateway...

You can't get them. Back with ShortMail (SMS done via the phone's web browser) they were recorded....and you could see them on the Sprint site. (They stopped that, though)
Old 09-19-2005, 03:08 AM   #7
enigmatl
Telephone User

SU$: 385
Nope. You can not go back and look at the text messages your daughter is sending. There are 2 sides to this really. (1) If your thaat concerned about the group she's hanging with, that's reason enough to put your foot down and demand details/times/deadlines/etc. But at the same time you're being suspicious as well any good parent should be, know this. A girl, even an innocent one for some odd reason will text her friends "Hey sup?" even if it takes her 3 times as long to do so than it would to call. Don't ask me why as I don't think anyone knows. :-)
enigmatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #8
laursifer
JazzNuggets

Phone: BlackBerry Tour
Trades: 4
SU$: 16,041
Send a message via AIM to laursifer
Yeah, I'm a girl... 23 now, but if I had a cell phone when I was still in school & living with my parents, I'd be text messaging like there's no tomorrow. And then my dad would get the bill and take away my phone. I never talk on the phone, and never did as a kid. I'm a writer at heart, so text messaging feels like it was made just for me. And you know how us girls were with notes in school...
Old 09-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #9
ericm
Telegraph User

Phone: sanyo 3200
SU$: 275
Send a message via Yahoo to ericm
Wirelessly posted (sanyo vi2300: Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone VI-2300/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

i know sprint keeps some kind of record. might not keep em long but i know they do cuz last month i was having problems with text and they knew the number i was sending to. and me being th dumbass i am sometimes was forgetting to add the area code lol. but they know the numbers. its just getting them to tell you that might be the hard part. i don't talk on my either. we have a 2500 plan and for my part i use maybe 300 anytime. i love text tho
ericm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #10
enigmatl
Telephone User

SU$: 385
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (MobilePhone MM-5600/US/1.0) NetFront/3.1 MMP/2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laursifer
Yeah, I'm a girl... 23 now, but if I had a cell phone when I was still in school & living with my parents, I'd be text messaging like there's no tomorrow. And then my dad would get the bill and take away my phone. I never talk on the phone, and never did as a kid. I'm a writer at heart, so text messaging feels like it was made just for me. And you know how us girls were with notes in school...
Yes. Thats Right. I remember all the notes AND text messages from girls in school.
enigmatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
MaleRN1973
Two Cans & String User

Phone: ppc-6700
SU$: 32
You can supena the records for the last 14 days from sprint. It will show all incoming and outgoing for the last 14 days. It cost $30 for the process but it may be worth it.
-Peace
MaleRN1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
AndrewAZ
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: 8830
SU$: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleRN1973
You can supena the records for the last 14 days from sprint. It will show all incoming and outgoing for the last 14 days. It cost $30 for the process but it may be worth it.
-Peace

They will only do this if you go to local law enforcement and have a valid reason. Such as someone threatening you calling from blocked number. I had a buddy that had someone that kept calling him with a blocked number, sprint sent the paperwork to him then he had to go to the police station then the police contacted sprint and found the person and told them to stop the harassment.

The only thing I can think of is possibly somehow getting the phone to forward texts that she sends/gets to your phone. Or better yet just pick up her phone when it is sitting around most kids wont delete them the second they get them but will wait from the to pile up then erase them.
AndrewAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
laid_back_757
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 109
I know i'm a little late on this one but I just joined. There is a way to view the last ten text messages sent and who they went to. First, go to "send message", select "text", then add entry. You will see a few options to select from. Select "From recent list." This will show the last 20 recipients. Select the first name, it doesn't matter. Click "next", this will take you to the "message" screen. Hit "mode", then "recent messages". This will show the last 10 messages sent from the phone. The first person on the "From recent list" was the last person to receive the first message from the "recent messages" list. Even though outgoing messages are deleted from the phone, the last ten sent are still there. I hope this helps out.
laid_back_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #14
VisionSamaritan
Cordless Phone User

Phone: M610
Trades: 1
SU$: 1,805
its not very efficient, or reliable, but there is another method if bitpim works for the phone in question. the short answer is if you know how to use the hexedit feature you can go thru and sometimes find messages, phone numbers, contacts, etc, that were deleted from the phone.

the long answer is that the erase feature on a phone isnt technically an erase, just like on computers, it simply removes the file (or message) from the accessible memory and marks that sector for being able to be re-written over. so as long as the phone doesnt receive more texts or whatever that replace the physical data, bitpim can sometimes read it. we did it for fun on an old 8100, and it picked up a couple texts that were no longer in the inbox. like i said, not very easy or reliable, but just tossing it out there
VisionSamaritan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
KimberIl
Two Cans & String User

Phone: i850
SU$: 4
you can sign up to sprint.com (but you need phone's SIM card number) and view all sent and received text messages for free!
KimberIl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > Recovering Deleted Text Messages

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: