Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Madisn
TIVO FAN

Phone: HTC Touch
Trades: 1
SU$: 3,085
How Long Does Sprint Maintain Account Records?

Just curious if anyone knows how long account information is maintaind.

I thought of this because I actually 'forgot' I used to be a sprint customer years ago - and am surprised they let me back.

About 6 or 7 years ago I signed up for sprint and my phone died durring my contract. It would power up but not make or receive calls. I don't remember the details but I remember refusing to pay my bill until sprint fixed my phone. Needless to say sprint suspended my account for non-payment. Eventually the guy at the store said there was nothing he could do while the account was suspended but swore up and down that if I would pay my bill, he would ensure my phone was repaired and give me credit for time missed - so I paid (about $150). The next day my phone was reactivated so I took it back to the store. Sure enough I was told there was nothing that could be done - (I think my phone was out of warranty by this point or they were claiming that the problem wasn't warranty related).

Anyway, I stopped payment on the check. I remember sprint called me about the "unpaid ballance" and "returned check fees" and I explained what happened - don't remember how that went but I got a letter (bill) from them a short time later stating my account was canceled and I still owed them money. I explained in writing what happend, and remember telling them I was prepaired to go to civil court if they wanted to pursue the matter of my unpaid ballance and fees. Don't recall hearing from them again.

I'm surprised this didn't come back to haunt me when I signed up for service earlier this year.
$49.99 1500 anytime / Free N&W@7 / Free PCS-PCS / $10 Vision / $5 Download Credt / 25% discount
Madisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Sprint4EverBaby
Cordless Phone User

Phone: LG Muziq/a920
SU$: 771
Send a message via Yahoo to Sprint4EverBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisn

I thought of this because I actually 'forgot' I used to be a sprint customer years ago - and am surprised they let me back.

About 6 or 7 years ago I signed up for sprint and my phone died durring my contract. It would power up but not make or receive calls. I don't remember the details but I remember refusing to pay my bill until sprint fixed my phone. Needless to say sprint suspended my account for non-payment. Eventually the guy at the store said there was nothing he could do while the account was suspended but swore up and down that if I would pay my bill, he would ensure my phone was repaired and give me credit for time missed - so I paid (about $150). The next day my phone was reactivated so I took it back to the store. Sure enough I was told there was nothing that could be done - (I think my phone was out of warranty by this point or they were claiming that the problem wasn't warranty related).

Anyway, I stopped payment on the check. I remember sprint called me about the "unpaid ballance" and "returned check fees" and I explained what happened - don't remember how that went but I got a letter (bill) from them a short time later stating my account was canceled and I still owed them money. I explained in writing what happend, and remember telling them I was prepaired to go to civil court if they wanted to pursue the matter of my unpaid ballance and fees. Don't recall hearing from them again.

I'm surprised this didn't come back to haunt me when I signed up for service earlier this year.
You're lucky, I would say. You did owe them the early termination fee, after all, since you canceled service early.
Sprint4EverBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
CSWORKER
Super Moderator

Mood: Chatty
Phone: I-Berry
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 6,958
Quote:

I have seen customers who have a write off bal and still activate under a new acct number, its really the system that is supposed to pick it up. I have seen customers that 4 different accounts 1 is active with 4 lines and the other 3 are in write off status, so of course they call to complain about something and requested to speak to a sup, long story short their services were suspended until all the balances were paid in full. Not a happy customer , but like i said it just depends on the system. your acct will always be there
CSWORKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
FiNAL ImpACT
Permanently Banned

Phone: MM-a920
SU$: 220
Quote:

You are lucky, they keap the records for a long time. Also the credit checks if they check you credit it will be enc. in the records. Only thing that goes away is simple applications done withouth credit checks which would be cleared with in 24-hr period.
LUCKYY
FiNAL ImpACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > How Long Does Sprint Maintain Account Records?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: