Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
MadGasser
Life Is Good!!

Mood: Lurking
Phone: BlackBerry 9650
Trades: 1
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 3,244
All Star game and possible tie!

So what do yall think should be done to avoid another possible tie. I know we didn't have one last night but it sure was close. Here is an idea that I have for the All Star game. Remember these are special rules for the All Star game only and in know why reflect my opinion on the great game I enjoy.

!. If a pitcher that is voted into the All Star game pitches on the following Sunday, he can not partake in the game just go down the list as to who takes his place.

2. A position player can play a max of four innings, meaning if a position player comes in to pinch hit, or plays only one inning he is available later in the game (if it goes into extras)

Well those are a couple ideas I have remember these are special rules only for the All Star game.

If you like them say so if you don't flame on. I would like to find out what kind of ideas other people have.

pin:321EB4D0
MadGasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
some18mybrain
Still Going Strong

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy SIII
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 29,551
I'm not sure I understand your first rule. If they are pitching the Sunday AFTER the All Star game, why would they not be able to play in the All Star Game? Unless you meant they pitched the Sunday BEFORE.....in that case it would cause other problems, as teams would probably have to try and rearrange their rotations to allow those pitchers to appear. It wouldn't be fair to penalize them because of where they are in the rotation at the All Star break.

As for the second rule...I was actually saying the same thing while I was watching the game on Tuesday night. They should be allowed to re-enter the game, especially in an extra inning marathon like they had this year. I wouldn't have minded seeing a few of the all stars get back in there.....the only problem I'd see with that, is if a team is losing in the late innings, they'll keep pinch hitting all the power hitters to try and tie it up, even though they've already been taken out of the game.

All in all.....I think I enjoyed watching the game more when it didn't mean anything, and we were just watching the All Stars have a good time, and show why they deserved to be there......now it's lost a little something to me, because there's a lot more strategy involved, and it takes away from the reason that the All Stars are there to begin with.

Just my .02
Every smile that lights my face; Every teardrop, every trace; Every secret hidden place; Belongs to you. Everything that's good in me; All I'll ever hope to be; Every drop of every dream; Belongs to you.
Frank and Rebecca - Joined forever on May 16th, 2009
some18mybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
AllTeedUp
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 4
SU$: 377
I think he meant if the pitched pitched the Sunday before like Kazmir did.
AllTeedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
some18mybrain
Still Going Strong

Mood: Mellow
Phone: Galaxy SIII
Trades: 2
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 29,551
Ok...that's what I was thinking...but I wasn't sure.
Every smile that lights my face; Every teardrop, every trace; Every secret hidden place; Belongs to you. Everything that's good in me; All I'll ever hope to be; Every drop of every dream; Belongs to you.
Frank and Rebecca - Joined forever on May 16th, 2009
some18mybrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
king_koopa
Cellular Phone User

Phone: MOTO Q bebeh
Trades: 6
SU$: 1,858
Send a message via AIM to king_koopa Send a message via MSN to king_koopa Send a message via Yahoo to king_koopa
The problem is that managers try to play every player and evidently comes up short. It's good to play all the deserving all stars but most of them only play 1-2 innings when they are capable of playing the whole game. What they can do is expand the roster size to maybe 50 players giving 8 more pitchers and 7 more field players or vice versa. The all star game has become such different than it was before because it ultimately isn't about fun anymore. It's about getting home field advantage in the world series. and trust me it matters. Home team has won 7 of last 8 world series.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
MadGasser
Life Is Good!!

Mood: Lurking
Phone: BlackBerry 9650
Trades: 1
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 3,244
Yes I did mean the Sunday before like Kazmir said, I should have read over my post before submitting it.

pin:321EB4D0
MadGasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:55 AM   #7
TomPlaf
Two Cans & String User

Mood: Angelic
Phone: TomPlafFC
My Mood: Angelic
SU$: 104
Send a message via ICQ to TomPlaf Send a message via Skype™ to TomPlaf
All Star game and possible tie

fvcked up that Bagwell gets slept on yet his much less talented team mate Biggio makes it?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: