Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #1
trancelovely
Telegraph User

Phone: Samsung vi660
SU$: 10
Question What's going on?...Phone lost signal

About an hour ago, my phone suddenly beeped, signalling that it had lost its signal. As it was just sitting on my coffee table, I found this strange -- especially when it was still searching for a signal a few minutes later. I was expecting a fairly important call, so this was frustrating. Walking around my house and into my backyard, my phone was still showing that it was out of range.

Well, it's been an hour now, so I called my phone from a landline to see what would happen. I heard the recording, "The number you have called is unavailable or private. Please check the number and blah, blah..."

I then tried accessing my voicemail (out of curiosity now) via the area code + exchange + MAIL feature, which I use quite often. However, dialing that, I received the same recording!

Anyone have any ideas? Something happening with Sprint?

Note: This is happening to 2 other Sprint customers in the Boston area that I know of. Perhaps an area glitch? I tried calling Sprint CS from a landline several times but keep getting disconnected.

Last edited by trancelovely; 03-16-2005 at 11:29 PM.
trancelovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
Sprint4EverBaby
Cordless Phone User

Phone: LG Muziq/a920
SU$: 771
Send a message via Yahoo to Sprint4EverBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancelovely
About an hour ago, my phone suddenly beeped, signalling that it had lost its signal. As it was just sitting on my coffee table, I found this strange -- especially when it was still searching for a signal a few minutes later. I was expecting a fairly important call, so this was frustrating. Walking around my house and into my backyard, my phone was still showing that it was out of range.

Well, it's been an hour now, so I called my phone from a landline to see what would happen. I heard the recording, "The number you have called is unavailable or private. Please check the number and blah, blah..."

I then tried accessing my voicemail (out of curiosity now) via the area code + exchange + MAIL feature, which I use quite often. However, dialing that, I received the same recording!

Anyone have any ideas? Something happening with Sprint?

Note: This is happening to 2 other Sprint customers in the Boston area that I know of. Perhaps an area glitch? I tried calling Sprint CS from a landline several times but keep getting disconnected.
Possibly some sort of maintenance work going on. Sprint attempts to do it around that time (of your post) of the morning/night. Are you still having problems?
Sprint4EverBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > What's going on?...Phone lost signal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: