Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
changeclothing
Telephone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,392
Send a message via Yahoo to changeclothing
How to get Sprint PCS to listen to your complaint!!!

If you call up to customer service and they refuse to deal with you in a way that satisfies your LEGITIMATE complaint. Simply goto the FCC's website and file a complaint against Sprint. It's simple and hardly takes any time. Within like two weeks you'll have someone from Sprint's executive team calling you to rectify the problem.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html
Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
jerereyn205
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone
Trades: 4
SU$: 328
Send a message via AIM to jerereyn205 Send a message via MSN to jerereyn205 Send a message via Yahoo to jerereyn205
I found BBB is atad bit more effective. File one with both and they will give you even more than you deserve (did itfor me.. t-mobile that is)
Old 02-16-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
irishfan15202
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Sanyo MM-7400
SU$: 350
Send a message via Yahoo to irishfan15202
This speaks volumes about todays society. What would you consider a legitimate complaint? Just file a complaint with the FCC, or BBB. Let me know what a legitimate complaint is.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
jerereyn205
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone
Trades: 4
SU$: 328
Send a message via AIM to jerereyn205 Send a message via MSN to jerereyn205 Send a message via Yahoo to jerereyn205
I guess you are referring to the first post?

But my claims were VERY legitimate. I should have filed them loooooooong ago but I had faith that it would be fixed but never was. Actually Im waiting on another call from T-Mobile which I havenot recieved yet.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #5
irishfan15202
Walkie Talkie User

What is a legit complaint though. From my experience in the store most people think if they drop their phone in water we should give them another or let them out of contract so they wont have to abide by what they signed. So I wonder what a legit complaint is.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #6
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
SU$: 127,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan15202
What is a legit complaint though. From my experience in the store most people think if they drop their phone in water we should give them another or let them out of contract so they wont have to abide by what they signed. So I wonder what a legit complaint is.

Legit complaint? Rude reps, service problems unresolved, billing issues, phone problems (warranty related, not dropped in water!) Basically anything that you SHOULD be getting from Sprint that they dont wish to help you with.........
Old 02-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #7
irishfan15202
Walkie Talkie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dand411
Legit complaint? Rude reps, service problems unresolved, billing issues, phone problems (warranty related, not dropped in water!) Basically anything that you SHOULD be getting from Sprint that they dont wish to help you with.........
Warranty related, the problem has to duplicate in store, most customers come in and say they can never get service or make a call but it almost always works in the store. For a real issue we do what we must by replacing the phone, or sending the customer to a repair store. Rude reps then go to another rep or ask for a manager not that mine would care, but some might. Service problems call customer service and report it, the store reps dont go out and fix towers. If you are paying a bill use the APC, if you dropped your phone or its broke and you think its a warranty issue fine, when we tell you that there is nothing wrong with your phone and it is just user error learn how to work the phone.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #8
coolqf
Cordless Phone User

Phone: SCP-7300
SU$: 241
Quote:
Warranty related, the problem has to duplicate in store, most customers come in and say they can never get service or make a call but it almost always works in the store. For a real issue we do what we must by replacing the phone, or sending the customer to a repair store. Rude reps then go to another rep or ask for a manager not that mine would care, but some might. Service problems call customer service and report it, the store reps dont go out and fix towers. If you are paying a bill use the APC, if you dropped your phone or its broke and you think its a warranty issue fine, when we tell you that there is nothing wrong with your phone and it is just user error learn how to work the phone.
The last tech guy at a store told me HE has to replicate the problem. I go into the store... The guy who takes my name takes my phone and sees that the up volume doesn't work. He touches it multiple times, but nada... I explain after touching it a lot it starts working for a few hrs, but don't touch it for a few hrs and the problem returns. I then finally hand in my phone for repair... The tech comes out and explain to me the phone works fine... The note stated the button doesn't work until you touch it a lot, these positions don't req. a high school degree or what?!?!
I was polite with him though... This Thursday i'll go to the store (for the 4th time for the exact same problem) and REQUIRE that no one touch the phone except for the technician. If they again pull over me that they 'fixed' it simply by touching the button a lot.... off to the FCC and BBB I go. 'temporarily' fixing the problem doesn't cut it.
For rude rep? Report the bugger, THEN go to another one.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #9
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:

Personally I have allowed sprint to fix all problems I have had. I think its best to give a company the benefit of the doubt and just follow up on the issues, I have been quite happy with the resolution to all problems I have had.

Before I would suggest the BBB or FCC, a simple step is your local news stations consumer advocacy person. Most every news station has one and it seems that a call from one of them on behalf of a customer with a legitimate complaint has gotten a quick response and usually a more than fair offer to fix the problem. No company wants their name put on TV as having unhappy customers!

I understand once again that like every company, sprint has rules and guidelines for its employees as well as its customers. The only thing that would make ALL wireless companies better is when you sign a contract for service, the company should tell you what rights you have if you have a problem. This would save many CS calls over issues that were spelled out clearly in the contract and would let the customers know what rights they have (i.e. getting the rep's 1st name and sprint user ID) when they are discussing issues with their account so that both parties can do a good job of book keeping. Obviously, calling a call center is not like watching someone make a change in a store and they cant send you a print out or email (or so im told) of the changes they make to your account. The name and user ID is the only thing the customer has to go back to if their is an error in any change made.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #10
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolqf
In my situation I spent the better part of a week getting passed between CS and supervisiors. The CS person would say "that doesnt sound right at all" then tell me any number of things that were incorrect such as "if you dont use your 60 mins we are giving you they will turn into a cash credit on your account" which is wrong. I spoke to a supervisor last night in the call center the offensive rep works in (just my luck i guess) and he seemed quite upset about the situation. His quote was something along the lines of "we are trying to retain you as a customer and he doesnt want to do his job and your ready to leave over it. great customer service on his part" and then told me he would be personally talking to that rude rep and making sure it didnt happen again. He then said that he would give me a 50% credit off my next bill for my troubles and did a great job of making me feel like a valued and respected customer of Sprint. All this without any real threats to sprint, other than the one I said that I would leave Sprint if that was the type of customer service I should expect. 99.99999% of the time the reps and supervisors want to make you a happy customer so its best to try and let them do it before you consider the other options. Use the FCC as a last resort; I'm not sure but i think sprint can be fined over those complaints so if your gonna go that route its best to exhaust all your other options first.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
irishfan15202
Walkie Talkie User

The volume button doesnt work fine then its the reps problem for not telling the tech that he touched it multiple times before it worked when he filled out e-ticket. As far as calling a news station its been done to our store on countless occasions and they have come out and tried the in your face about it thing they do, until we explain it to them and why we did what we did they leave a little upset. After the 5th time they quit coming. We usually do everything in our power to fix a problem that comes into the store, usually though if a customer is rude we go around everything possible and make sure they leave without a solution.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #12
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
The volume button doesnt work fine then its the reps problem for not telling the tech that he touched it multiple times before it worked when he filled out e-ticket. As far as calling a news station its been done to our store on countless occasions and they have come out and tried the in your face about it thing they do, until we explain it to them and why we did what we did they leave a little upset. After the 5th time they quit coming. We usually do everything in our power to fix a problem that comes into the store, usually though if a customer is rude we go around everything possible and make sure they leave without a solution.

So if the customer is pissed off over having the problem repete and not getting a resolution then its ok to just not fix the problem and make sure they leave unhappy? It would seem better to get the manager of the store to try and calm the customer down and deal with what they really are..... a customer who is frustrated, most likely over calling CS and getting a rep with a foregin accent reading the script sprint gives em. Make a customer happy (within reason) and they will tell their friends that sprint is a good wireless company.......... make em leave with an unsolved problem and sprint will lose that customer and anyone that they could have suggested a wireless provider to! Cell phones, espically here, are something that you have a huge choice in providers and the company who actually gives fair customer service will grow their business and take customers from those who treat their customers like crap. Not a sprint complaint.... its all cell providers to an extent. Probably why cell service was the 2nd highest complaint in 2004 in NY to the AG's office after Collections agents!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #13
D-Struct45
Telegraph User

Phone: BlackBerry 7130
SU$: 238
Send a message via AIM to D-Struct45
Quote:
hahahaha.......10-4 buddy.....
Old 02-16-2005, 07:10 PM   #14
jbjtkbw00
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Droid Bionic
SU$: 1,358
Send a message via ICQ to jbjtkbw00 Send a message via AIM to jbjtkbw00 Send a message via MSN to jbjtkbw00 Send a message via Yahoo to jbjtkbw00 Send a message via Skype™ to jbjtkbw00
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolqf
The last tech guy at a store told me HE has to replicate the problem. I go into the store... The guy who takes my name takes my phone and sees that the up volume doesn't work. He touches it multiple times, but nada... I explain after touching it a lot it starts working for a few hrs, but don't touch it for a few hrs and the problem returns. I then finally hand in my phone for repair... The tech comes out and explain to me the phone works fine... The note stated the button doesn't work until you touch it a lot, these positions don't req. a high school degree or what?!?!
I was polite with him though... This Thursday i'll go to the store (for the 4th time for the exact same problem) and REQUIRE that no one touch the phone except for the technician. If they again pull over me that they 'fixed' it simply by touching the button a lot.... off to the FCC and BBB I go. 'temporarily' fixing the problem doesn't cut it.
Just an idea, but how about YOU leave the button alone and then take it into the store and don't let the greeter touch the phone, but the rep. Also, you may want to type of the problem to attach to the phone along with the ticket. Hey, you never know.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 PM   #15
lgmayka
Digital PCS User

Phone: HTC Evo Shift4G
SU$: 22,879
Quote:
...if a customer is rude we go around everything possible and make sure they leave without a solution.
This is exactly the kind of attitude that doesn't belong in customer service at all, and in fact should trigger an FCC and BBB report.

Apparently we have to start at rule number one:

1) The staffer's job is to solve customers' legitimate problems. Just because the staffer has decided that a customer is "rude" is absolutely no excuse for the staffer to sabotage Sprint and cheat the customer by taking wages for doing nothing.

2) If a customer has complained about a problem once, he has a right to be annoyed. If a customer has to complain about a problem a second time because it wasn't fixed the first time, he has a right to be angry. Sprint is taking the customer's good money for providing service. Accordingly, when a customer does not get the service he deserves, he has a right to be a little annoyed. But more importantly, if he has to complain a second time because Sprint did not fix his problem the first time, or--worse!--if Sprint actually goofed things up again, or more so, the customer has every right to be angry.

Any staffer who can't deal calmly and professionally with annoyed and even angry customers belongs in another line of work.

3) "Rudeness" is a somewhat subjective characterization.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > How to get Sprint PCS to listen to your complaint!!!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: