Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
dluna33
Two Cans & String User

Phone: None
SU$: 10
Sanyo 7400 Phone # question

is there any way for your phone number not to show on another persons phone? I remeber some time a go someone mentioning this but since I didn't have the phone I didn't pay attention. Now I can't find that thread after searching.

I just want to block my phonenumber from showing up on others phone. Is that possible with my phone?
dluna33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
fatboy
Knock Knock

Mood: Lurking
Phone: LGLS990
Trades: 14
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 7,602
Send a message via MSN to fatboy
you can spoof it
Old 02-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
TonyD7736
Telegraph User

Phone: LG Fusic
SU$: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dluna33
is there any way for your phone number not to show on another persons phone? I remeber some time a go someone mentioning this but since I didn't have the phone I didn't pay attention. Now I can't find that thread after searching.

I just want to block my phonenumber from showing up on others phone. Is that possible with my phone?
You should be able to do this with any phone...just dial *67 and then the number. You can also call Sprint and have your number blocked so you don't have to dial *67 each time. Your number will not show up on anyone's phone when you call them if you do this. Just to add, there is no charge to use this feature. I used to do it all the time, but I called and just had them block my number for good (Which you can unblock for any call by dialing *82 I believe).
TonyD7736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
fatboy
Knock Knock

Mood: Lurking
Phone: LGLS990
Trades: 14
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 7,602
Send a message via MSN to fatboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD7736
You should be able to do this with any phone...just dial *67 and then the number. You can also call Sprint and have your number blocked so you don't have to dial *67 each time. Your number will not show up on anyone's phone when you call them if you do this. Just to add, there is no charge to use this feature. I used to do it all the time, but I called and just had them block my number for good (Which you can unblock for any call by dialing *82 I believe).
oh yeah that too... i forgot ive just been having so much fun spoofing callerid lately
Old 02-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #5
vikingjunior
Account Inactive

Phone: MM 7400
I personally will not answer a call with a blocked caller ID, I never got that you have my number but I can't see yours No No.
vikingjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #6
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
just remember if you have your number blocked you technically dont get the free pcs 2 pcs as thats one of the things listed as a requirement to get the free call. your incoming pcs calls would be free but both parties would pay for the calls you make out to another sprint phone while your number is blocked. the *67+xxx-xxx-xxxx version is most likely the way you would want it to go thru for the occasional person you dont want to know who is calling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD7736
Old 02-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #7
TonyD7736
Telegraph User

Phone: LG Fusic
SU$: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand411
just remember if you have your number blocked you technically dont get the free pcs 2 pcs as thats one of the things listed as a requirement to get the free call. your incoming pcs calls would be free but both parties would pay for the calls you make out to another sprint phone while your number is blocked. the *67+xxx-xxx-xxxx version is most likely the way you would want it to go thru for the occasional person you dont want to know who is calling them.
Are you sure that a blocked number works that way with pcs 2 pcs? If so, where did you find that out, cuz I'd be interested in learning more about it. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything except a post commenting that Verizon works that way. I also checked out Sprint's site and couldn't find any of the "fine print" i guess. Just curious, and if so, I wonder if *82 would allow for the free pcs 2 pcs to work properly.
TonyD7736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #8
dluna33
Two Cans & String User

Phone: None
thanks guys, i really appreciate your feedback.
dluna33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:45 AM   #9
jh101_7
is happy with VZW

Mood: Bored
Phone: VZW iPhone
Trades: 9
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingjunior
I personally will not answer a call with a blocked caller ID, I never got that you have my number but I can't see yours No No.
i agree with you, but i dont' answer any number that i don't know, caller id or not. if it's important enough, they'll leave a voicemail message.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
jeff94
Telegraph User

Phone: VM4050
SU$: 16
I thought that only Verizon used caller ID info for the mobile-to-mobile minutes. I remember that in one of the anti-verizon threads. They said PCS used a better system that didn't rely on caller id info, and so from what I've heard, it should be fine.
jeff94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #11
Bohemian Iconoclast
Project Coordinator

Phone: Virgin PayLo
SU$: 9,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy
you can spoof it

....sure, but why go to all the trouble just so you can lie?

Call from voicemail (press 8 in voicemail menu)....automatic block with no effort, and no lapse of integrity is required.

Will post on rare occasions...

But Eisenhower’s least heeded warning — concerning the spiritual effects of permanent preparations for war — is more important now than ever.
Bohemian Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #12
johnnaryry
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Apple iPhone 4S
SU$: 688
Send a message via AIM to johnnaryry Send a message via Yahoo to johnnaryry
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingjunior
I will use this tip for communicating with my workplace, my bosses have been after my mobile number for quite some time. I work in a hospital and if they had the number to my mobile, I would never have any peace again! Now I can call from anywhere to check my schedules, etc. without worry.

Thank for the tip guys!

--ryan
Old 02-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
Ianbiz
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Samsung VI660
SU$: 22
Send a message via AIM to Ianbiz
*67 costs money doesnt it...?
Ianbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #14
FlameOut
Telephone User

Phone: Palm Pre
SU$: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianbiz
*67 costs money doesnt it...?
no, it's not like *69 from a landline. *67 and *82 are free
FlameOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #15
outofgum
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S 4g
SU$: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff94
I thought that only Verizon used caller ID info for the mobile-to-mobile minutes. I remember that in one of the anti-verizon threads. They said PCS used a better system that didn't rely on caller id info, and so from what I've heard, it should be fine.
I thought so too. Anyone know?

Oh, I also heard that if u call a PCS line and get VM, it takes a minute off that gets credited back at the end of the billing cycle. Anyone know if that's true?
outofgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > Any way for your phone number not to show on another persons phone?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: