Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #1
pcdebb
Tech Chick
- Contributor -

Mood: Mellow
Phone: iPhone4
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 670
tower locations website?

I don't remember where, but someone somewhere posted a link to sprintpcs's website where they had a page that shows where sprint serviced towers are? I'm looking for this to see if the tower across the street is a sprint tower so when I call them I can mention it. My signal levels for the last 12 hours has been crappy at best, sometimes "looking for signal". My battery was dead when I got off work this morning, and I'm constantly getting a "network busy" when trying to make a call.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:23 AM   #2
donblay
DBRingers Guy

Phone: HTC Diamond
SU$: 12,307
Send a message via AIM to donblay
http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/co...towermaps.html
Old 11-07-2004, 06:31 PM   #3
drewdown619
Telegraph User

Phone: PM-8920
SU$: 10
Talking

Also another good website for sprint towers is (http://www.sprintsitesusa.com)
drewdown619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:52 PM   #4
94b18c1
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Vm5500
SU$: 10
when your phone does that it need s to be serviced, sw update
94b18c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 06:08 PM   #5
rfra3645
Telegraph User

Phone: novatell u720
SU$: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdown619
Also another good website for sprint towers is (http://www.sprintsitesusa.com)

so anyone got the info for using this site???

<<can be extreemley discreet....

just wondering

rfra
rfra3645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #6
iLoveSprintPCS
Telegraph User

Phone: Samsung A900
SU$: 30
Just register at the web site. You don't have to work for Sprint to use the web site. Just put in your name and e-mail address, then they send you the link. I'm looking through the site as I speak.

Kimmy
iLoveSprintPCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:31 AM   #7
pcdebb
Tech Chick
- Contributor -

Mood: Mellow
Phone: iPhone4
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94b18c1
when your phone does that it need s to be serviced, sw update
nah, I dont need an upgrade. apparently there was some sort of problem in the area. one of my coworkers who has sprint was having the same problem
Old 12-05-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
RavenTBK
Telephone User

Phone: Moto Star-Tac
Trades: 1
SU$: 854
Not to hijack, but it is related.. is there any way we could "recommend" placement of a new tower to the "right person" that can get the ball rolling?

I live in an area just outside of a major city, and based on these tower maps, theres a tower several miles north, one several miles ESE, and one 10+ miles southwest. Basically, looking at the map,comparing it to the coverage I receive on the 4920, its all deadzones outside of town, with one tower here, then one tower over there, and nothing between. My home is in the middle of the "circle". These oddball towers out in the woods would be better utilized if they were brought nearer to town, to extend the almost complete coverage provided from in town to just outside the city limits, rather than there being 20 miles of deadzone, then a hotspot in the woods, then dead again as you travel down the highway.

Would this same "person" also be the one that should be notified if there are tower issues within a marked coverage area? Theres also several spots in town that have worked in the past, but no longer work today.

Any thoughts?
RavenTBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #9
plurseed
Forum Member
- Contributor -

Phone: Sanyo 7400
SU$: 132
sprint towers
http://www.sprint.com/pcsbusiness/co...towermaps.html

sprint towers are also line of sight, so it shoots out the signal in one directions. this gives you a better signal and less congustion on one channel. in your case there shooting around you and not at you. Sprint focus on major cities and traffic, so if your in a small area with a small poplulation you will get service last. because sprint goes were the people are. its to expensive to put up a $250,000 tower in a small town were there is not a market with no gross to gain.
also it might depend on your phone some phones offer better signal strength, go to a sprint convention and everyone has a sanyo branded phone. (hint, hint) i lived 5 miles outside the area of coverage and had full signal strenght. (but then again sprint doesnt need full bars to give a good signal) but i doubt that is the case, you just might be in a dead zone.
your spirnt store can also tell you of new towers going up, dont expect a full detail for liability reasons.
plurseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > tower locations website?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: