Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-06-2004, 06:09 PM   #1
teeitupmo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: iPhone 4GS
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,464
best phone/screen in sunlight?

What does everyone think the best phone Sprint has out right now, that is excellent in sunlight?

I'm outside alot and my Sanyo 4920 is not good in the sunlight. I absolutely LOVE my 4920! It is a great little phone and the only complaint I have, is looking at the color screen in sunlight. If I shield the screen with my palm, I can see the screen. If I don't, the display is soo faint, I can barely read what's displayed.

I used to have a Sanyo 4700 (still have it as backup) that was excellent in day or night. In the sunlight, the LCD would turn gray background w/black characters, making it extremely readable. At night it would be that cool blue color.

Anyway...what is everyone's input about this? I'm almost thinking of downgrading to that new Nokia 6016i. Don't know if that will help or not.

Tee--
teeitupmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
Marlon_JB2
How do I become a moderator on this forum?

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5S
Trades: 3
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 32,064
Send a message via AIM to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Skype™ to Marlon_JB2
From my experience, no color screen phone will do well in the sunlight, unless it is a Reflective LCD. The only phone that I know of that has one of those is the Sanyo 5000. (First color screen phone, 256 colors) Also, TFT screens do better (IMO) than STN screens like in your 4920.

Hope this helps. Or maybe I'm wrong, and someone will come along and correct me.

Last edited by Marlon_JB2; 10-06-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Marlon_JB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
bluecoyote
Permanently Banned

Phone: Crackberry 8703
SU$: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
From my experience, no color screen phone will do well in the sunlight, unless it is a Reflective LCD. The only phone that I know of that has one of those is the Sanyo 5000. (First color screen phone, 256 colors) Also, TFT screens do better (IMO) than STN screens like in your 4920.

Hope this helps. Or maybe I'm wrong, and someone will come along and correct me.
All of the Nokia phones for Sprint have reflective LCD's, and do fairly well if you position them correctly.

Samsung's LCD's are usually so bright, they can be read in the daytime without any problem- but this isn't true for all models (the A680, for instance, which has an inferior screen to the VGA1K)

Best phone on record I've used outdoors is either the Nokia 7610 or the Nextel i730
bluecoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #4
tuolumne
Account Inactive

Phone: DigitalEXCITING
SU$: -2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecoyote
All of the Nokia phones for Sprint have reflective LCD's, and do fairly well if you position them correctly.

Samsung's LCD's are usually so bright, they can be read in the daytime without any problem- but this isn't true for all models (the A680, for instance, which has an inferior screen to the VGA1K)

Best phone on record I've used outdoors is either the Nokia 7610 or the Nextel i730
yes, the A620's screen shows more color than the A680's...Put them side by side and you will see that the A680's screen is more whitish than the A620's....
tuolumne is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > best phone/screen in sunlight?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: