Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
truckinusa
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Treo 700
SU$: 562
Does anyone use this forum anymore?

I was a user on here years ago. Now I am not seeing any posts? Where did everything go?
truckinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinusa View Post
I was a user on here years ago. Now I am not seeing any posts? Where did everything go?
I am still alive and well here.

Most folks have moved on from Sprint, and onto more important things in life is my guess.

This board is on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled someday.

Either way message boards as a whole are being replaced by social media sites in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #3
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinusa View Post
I'm still here.

I check once every few days or so as there's still a couple people hanging around.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLME View Post
This board is on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled someday.
This is one of the things I do not understand.

The "owner" of the media group the board was sold to has done nothing in the last couple years, yet the domain registration stays current.

If the intent is to allow this old forum to die out then renewing the domain registration doesn't accomplish that.

Maybe it's some business decision with a benefit I cannot see.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #5
CobaltBlue
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Galaxy GP
SU$: 12,902
Given that Sprint is still a cellular carrier with millions of subscribers to its branded, non-MVNO service (i.e. as Sprint and not Boost), there has got to be a need for a forum such as this one for more tech-savvy customers to discuss issues and such. Literally everything under the sun has at least a few active discussion forums, from Starbucks to Star Wars to Star Gazing. Given that this one has all but died out, where are Sprint customers going these days for tech discussions and such? There's got to be others far more active than this one. I know that Sprint hosts one, but I've always assumed that it's censored to exclude negative comments, so I avoid it.
CobaltBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlue View Post
Given that Sprint is still a cellular carrier with millions of subscribers to its branded, non-MVNO service (i.e. as Sprint and not Boost), there has got to be a need for a forum such as this one for more tech-savvy customers to discuss issues and such. Literally everything under the sun has at least a few active discussion forums, from Starbucks to Star Wars to Star Gazing. Given that this one has all but died out, where are Sprint customers going these days for tech discussions and such? There's got to be others far more active than this one. I know that Sprint hosts one, but I've always assumed that it's censored to exclude negative comments, so I avoid it.
Howard Forums.

s4gru.com

The Sprint subreddit on Reddit

Sprint users with iPhones go to Mac Rumors (where I usually hang out).

This forum was originally as robust as it was because Sprint was bigger. But as Sprint lost customers people lost interest in being here because this forum focused on one thing - Sprint.

Only at the end was there a belated attempt to diversify, but the name did not reflect that change.

This is something similar to what's happening over at s4gru.com. When Network Vision was in full swing you had users there because they wanted information. With NV complete and NGN come and gone and a continued loss of customers from Sprint many former users there have left.

It's not a ghost town by any means, but it's only the core supporters over there now that won't leave Sprint for anything. s4gru is their haven on the internet.

Other forums, such as Howard Forums and Mac Rumors continue to see Sprint customers because there are other reasons to be on those forums than just Sprint.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
I still pop in periodically. Old habits die hard. Not to mention, the Sprintusers archive is a treasure trove of historical information.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #8
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbin View Post
Not to mention, the Sprintusers archive is a treasure trove of historical information.
LOL!

Yeah, I point people here whenever there's controversy about the old Premium Data Fee.

That was one of the major reasons this forum lost a lot of users. Most of those people left Sprint so there was no longer any need to be here.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Does anyone use this forum anymore?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: