Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
james2K
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: S6
Trades: 28
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 1,832
Sanyo 9K is 10

It's been (slightly over) 10 years since the Sanyo 9K came out and EVDO was launched! If that doesn't make you feel old (all you forum old-timers) what does? Those were the best days that I remember from this forum.

I bet there are still some 9Ks out there alive and kicking. Now that I'm back on Sprint I'd love to get my hands on one hahaha
james2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to james2K For This Useful Post:
YPG (08-07-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by james2K View Post
It's been (slightly over) 10 years since the Sanyo 9K came out and EVDO was launched! If that doesn't make you feel old (all you forum old-timers) what does? Those were the best days that I remember from this forum.

I bet there are still some 9Ks out there alive and kicking. Now that I'm back on Sprint I'd love to get my hands on one hahaha
What's up man? Yeah the Sanyo was a nice phone back in the day. I thought the Detroit Pistons would be doing better. Go Cavs!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
james2K
Satellite Phone User

man stop it. the pistons are doing fine.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
G1 Megatron
Telephone User

Phone: Galaxy S6
SU$: 1,077
I still have mine. Has a bit of battle damage on it, but still works just fine. Even though every phone I've had since has outclassed it specs-wise, it still remains my favorite phone. To this day, it's still has the loudest speaker of any phone I've had. I used to have ringtone battles with my Nextel Chirp-having friends & family members back during Spring/Summer 2006. Everyone remembers how loud those things were. My Sanyo 9000 was just as loud as theirs, but had stereo sound. I made my own ringtones, so the sound quality killed theirs. I kinda miss those simpler times when flip phones were the thing. Life in general was more fun for me back then too, but that's another story. Every now & then, I pull it out & play with it for nostalgia purposes. Great phone!!
G1 Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by james2K View Post
man stop it. the pistons are doing fine.
Calm down tiger. We haven't talked about this in years...Pistons are 27-27. 12 games back 4th place in the central. I wouldn't say that's fine but maybe they slipped since your last reply. I guess they will probably move up a spot since the Bulls are probably trading players and rebuilding.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #6
james2K
Satellite Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Calm down tiger. We haven't talked about this in years...Pistons are 27-27. 12 games back 4th place in the central. I wouldn't say that's fine but maybe they slipped since your last reply. I guess they will probably move up a spot since the Bulls are probably trading players and rebuilding.
i know this is way late and there was that whole playoff series and championship (congrats, btw) - but at the time, for a team that finished below .500 for the past 7 or 8 years or whatever, they were doing fine. Young team, no superstars, learning as they go.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
james2K
Satellite Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1 Megatron View Post
I still have mine. Has a bit of battle damage on it, but still works just fine. Even though every phone I've had since has outclassed it specs-wise, it still remains my favorite phone. To this day, it's still has the loudest speaker of any phone I've had. I used to have ringtone battles with my Nextel Chirp-having friends & family members back during Spring/Summer 2006. Everyone remembers how loud those things were. My Sanyo 9000 was just as loud as theirs, but had stereo sound. I made my own ringtones, so the sound quality killed theirs. I kinda miss those simpler times when flip phones were the thing. Life in general was more fun for me back then too, but that's another story. Every now & then, I pull it out & play with it for nostalgia purposes. Great phone!!
great post
The Following User Says Thank You to james2K For This Useful Post:
G1 Megatron (08-05-2016)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > The SU Lounge > Watercooler > Sanyo 9K is 10