Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-15-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
DESERPENTOR
Droid Boss

Phone: DROID TURBO
SU$: 9,380
Review of T-Mobile

What is your:
Review of T-Mobile Service (1-10):
State:
Experience/opinion of T-Mobile:
Old 12-06-2015, 01:51 AM   #2
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Review of T-Mobile Service (1-10): 8
State: California (specifically Southern California)
Experience/opinion of T-Mobile: Great features, reasonable pricing, improving coverage, what's not to like?

I first joined T-Mobile back in 2001, and back then it was a good regional player that worked OK in urban areas (not so much rural or less populated areas), but had the best deals, came out the the most revolutionary deals & promotions (i.e. 1000 minutes for only $39.99/mo, Wi-Fi Calling, etc), and had great customer service.

Fast forward to 2015 I've come back to T-Mobile again (full-circle), and they're better than before. Every couple months the CEO is announcing crazy new features/deals that (mostly) benefits T-Mobile customers (even the existing ones). T-Mobile's coverage in SoCal (and around the country) has gotten MUCH better (especially with Band 12 being implemented). Pricing is still among the lowest for national carrier postpaid accounts, and of course their customer service is as good as ever.

What's not to like? If I had a phone that had Band 12 enabled, I'd give them a 9.5!
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
I've been with T-Mobile 3 or 4 years. Service is a 9. Columbus, Ohio

Customer service is very good. They have the best CEO in the business changing the wireless industry.

Coverage is great. Only place I don't get coverage is golfing out in bfe. I turn my phone off anyway. The only issue that I had is when T-Mobile took some discounts away. They got some bad press so they gave themback only to eliminate most of the companies later. I ended putting my dad as a authorized user on my account and got a military discount. Which was a better discount then I had before. They will never take that one away.

Another issue I had was Costco's fault. Only reason I bought a phone at Costco was because they were offering a $150 store credit. I spent all day trying to get the phone bought and activated. I spoke to a T-Mobile manager in the loyalty department during the fiasco and she said if I wanted to cancel the order she would give me a $150 credit. So i did that.

I recently bought a Samsung Gear S2 and returned it. A T-Mobile rep gave me $50 credit for the restocking fee.

I like the Promotions they run on phones. I got a year free of Netflix when I got a Samsung S6 Edge.

I was with Sprint 14 years. I should have left them a year before. If I didn't like T-Mobile I would maybe go prepaid. I don't care for Sprint, AT&T or Verizon.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 42,357
I switched two lines to T-MOBILE this year.
One phone was in My location and the other with My OD at college.
I had problems with service in both locations though there was supposed to be good coverage.
Switched right back to Sprint.
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
T-Mobile offers a signal booster, Asus WiFi router and something else that just came out but forget what it is. The router is $150 value but you get it free as long as you return it if cancel service. I don't think any other carrier offers all these. At first I had some issues getting service inside buildings but not so much now. My friend has Boost Mobile/Sprint and I've heard him at times have to call people back because of reception. All carriers are going to have issues from time to time. You have to give a carrier a good test (2 weeks) to really see for yourself.

The thing about T-Mobile is they keep growing and improving the network all the time. Plus always coming out with new things that other carriers usually try to match but don't. Basically lower cost to everyone.

I haven't done any T-Mobile speedtests in awhile since my speeds are always good. I average 15-30mbps and some places 50+mbps. My upload is usually around 15mbps but higher this morning. I have unlimited data for $20 and don't even need it. At times it's nice if the cable goes out.

Old 12-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire

Mood: Pensive
Trades: 8
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 102,526
Ditto.... 9
Old 12-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
chokaay
Now on T-Mobile...

Mood: none
Phone: Apple iPhone 6+
SU$: 15,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
T-Mobile offers a signal booster, Asus WiFi router and something else that just came out but forget what it is. The router is $150 value but you get it free as long as you return it if cancel service. I don't think any other carrier offers all these. At first I had some issues getting service inside buildings but not so much now. My friend has Boost Mobile/Sprint and I've heard him at times have to call people back because of reception. All carriers are going to have issues from time to time. You have to give a carrier a good test (2 weeks) to really see for yourself.

The thing about T-Mobile is they keep growing and improving the network all the time. Plus always coming out with new things that other carriers usually try to match but don't. Basically lower cost to everyone.

I haven't done any T-Mobile speedtests in awhile since my speeds are always good. I average 15-30mbps and some places 50+mbps. My upload is usually around 15mbps but higher this morning. I have unlimited data for $20 and don't even need it. At times it's nice if the cable goes out.

T-Mobile has 3 "CellSpots" to help with in-home/business reception:

Wi-Fi CellSpot: This is a re-badged Asus RT-AC68U (T-Mobile #TM-AC1900) with pre-configured QOS settings specific to T-Mobile. This is to be used in conjuction with T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling (found on most, if not all, recent T-Mobile smartphones). The Wi-Fi Calling feature doesn't REQUIRE use of this router, however... it can use ANY Wi-Fi router. T-Mobile customers can pay a refundable $25 deposit to "borrow" a Wi-Fi CellSpot, or purchase them for $99/ea (I personally bought 3 since they are cheaper than buying the Asus RT-AC68U from any retailer... plus I'm on T-Mobile).

4G/LTE CellSpot Extender: This product is to increase a "weak" T-Mobile signal within buildings. It is essentially a "repeater" where the Window Unit locks onto the weak T-Mobile signal (by placing it wherever you can get existing T-Mobile signal) and it will relay the weak T-Mobile signal to the Repeating Unit (which should be placed in a different location suffering from no signal). T-Mobile phones/devices will then lock onto the weak signal from the Repeating Unit for voice/text/data. This product CANNOT be purchased from T-Mobile, only "borrowed" by existing customers for a $25 deposit. I used to have these installed, but found their performance subpar (in a large structure) and traded them in for the newest CellSpot (see below).

4G/LTE CellSpot Femtocell: This product is essentially a mini-cell tower in your home/building and it generates its own T-Mobile signal and uses your broadband connection to send/receive voice/text/data. It works in areas where there is ZERO T-Mobile signal (unlike the Extenders above which require at least a "weak" T-Mobile signal somewhere to repeat), and in my experience works MUCH BETTER and MUCH MORE RELIABLE than the Extenders. It also covers a much larger area (one Femtocell covers a 3-story 10,000 sqft building much better/stronger than 3 sets of Extenders). Downsides are that this product does require existing broadband at the home/building, and that other people living/passing nearby can/will connect to your Femtocell as well (no whitelist/blacklist). This product CANNOT be purchased from T-Mobile, only "borrowed" by existing customers for a $25 deposit.

As always you can also use T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling feature (enabled on all recent smartphones, and many older smartphones as well). Wi-Fi Calling does not require any special equipment from T-Mobile and just connects to your own Wi-Fi network (or public Wi-Fi Hotspot, hotel Wi-Fi, etc).

I also am with T-Mobile now, and I have seen (and continue to see) improvements in their network and service. LTE speeds are great in SoCal and I sometimes can get 70+Mbps (but mostly it ranges from 15-50Mbps). Sometimes I run into dead spots, but I'm using a Verizon iPhone 6+ (which lacks Band 12 700MHz). With more recent phones that include Band 12, coverage in SoCal will be substantially better (and keeps getting better every couple days): http://www.spectrumgateway.com/t-mobile-700a-spectrum .
chokaay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chokaay For This Useful Post:
tbakergobuck (12-14-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #8
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
GA
Excellent Customer Service
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bibbin For This Useful Post: