Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #1
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Arrow Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Release Date, Pricing, Specifications And New Features..

http://au.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy...atures-1434560

Youtube Video as well.

Quote:
Even though the tech world is abuzz about the release of Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 rumours have just stared and are slowing picking up pace. The only saving grace after the debacle caused by the Galaxy S5 in the previous year was the release of Galaxy Note 4 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. This year too, the Note 4 successor is expected to achieve profits for the South Korean tech giant.

Display

The Quad HD display of the Note 4 has certainly impressed the whole world and in this year Samsung is expected to raise the competition bar higher. According to Value Walk, the Note 5 phablet will sport a 4K resolution on a huge 5.9-inch display.

Processor And RAM

As of this, there are concrete rumours on the chipset that will power up the Note 5 phablet. It is expected to be powered by the Exynos 7420 chipset, claims Breathecast. It further reports that the phablet may feature an 8 GB of RAM with 64 GB native storage. The external storage will support up to 128 GB of microSD.

Camera

The Galaxy Note 4 features a 16 MP shooter and its successor model is to come fitted with 20 MP camera. There is a 3.7 MP front-facing camera on the Note 4 but the Note 5 is speculated to feature a 5 MP camera.

Battery

If the Galaxy Note 5 will support 4K resolution, it would require a battery that does not exhaust quickly, adds Value Walk. Analysts are of the view that it is going to feature a huge 4,000 mAh battery. Samsung has introduced the wireless charging feature on the Galaxy S6 and the same is also anticipated to arrive on the Note 5.

Robust Security

In order to provide its user with better security, the Galaxy Note 5 will arrive with improved fingerprint scanning sensor. The retina scanner feature that has never before seen on a Samsung smartphone is speculated to arrive on the Note 5.

Release Date And Price

Since 2011, Samsung has launched a new Note series phablet in September every year. Last year too, the Note 4 was released in Galaxy Note 4. As of this writing, there is no confirmation on whether Samsung will continue to follow the same release trend for the Galaxy Note 5. As far as pricing is concerned, Value Walk claims that an off-contract Galaxy Note 5 will cost around $900 to $1000.

Last edited by SLME; 03-30-2015 at 12:09 AM.
SLME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
The picture in the start of the video got me kind of excited but doesn't look like the phone. lol So how many months will it be out? I forget when the Note 4 came out. Sounds like it might be sooner then a year for the 5.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Phabletguy
Telegraph User

SU$: 394
Was thinking of replacing my Note 2 with a Note 5 but I understand it won't have a removable battery or MicroSD card slot. Is that true? If it is I guess I'll get a Note 4 instead.
Phabletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #4
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
Why is Samsung doing this??

I wonder if it has anything to do with people using crappy SD cards. Or people losing batteries and such
Old 08-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

With the S6 it's so thin I doubt they could fit a sd card and a bigger battery in it. In the summer I prefer the slimmer size.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #6
phone-a-holic
Making a BOLD statement

Mood: Breezy
Phone: Galaxy S IV
Trades: 5
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 2,065
Did anyone preorder?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:27 AM   #7
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Not even sure when T-Mobile will get it/preorder. I think I might hold off for a few months. I just like the size of my S6 Edge for the summer time. Not even sure if I want to go back to a big phone.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
adamlee2001GXE
S|P Gold

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 4,217
We ordered 3 of em. All coming from Galaxy S5's.
Everything Data Family 1500 (1000 ADDITIONAL shared bonus minutes)/ FREE AIRAVE & SERVICE/ Free Pick 3/ UL Incoming/ 5PM Nights/ (Confirmed with Sprint all attachables never expire) / 23% NVP/ Customer since 1999

No more Airave needed. Now I'm with ATT. Nuff said.
adamlee2001GXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:15 PM   #9
adamlee2001GXE
S|P Gold

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 4,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamlee2001GXE View Post
We ordered 3 of em. All coming from Galaxy S5's.
For some reason the first note 5 to arrive had a free wireless Samsung branded charger from att.
Everything Data Family 1500 (1000 ADDITIONAL shared bonus minutes)/ FREE AIRAVE & SERVICE/ Free Pick 3/ UL Incoming/ 5PM Nights/ (Confirmed with Sprint all attachables never expire) / 23% NVP/ Customer since 1999

No more Airave needed. Now I'm with ATT. Nuff said.
adamlee2001GXE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to adamlee2001GXE For This Useful Post:
PokerFace23 (08-18-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 05:30 AM   #10
phone-a-holic
Making a BOLD statement

Phone: Galaxy S IV
SU$: 2,065
Pretty solid phone
Old 08-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #11
bjbarr
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Galaxy Note III
Trades: 8
SU$: 31,278
Send a message via Yahoo to bjbarr
I got one on Friday and its going back today (Sunday). I cant get over not having a sdcard or a spare battery. Also I don't like having to hook the phone up to pc to transfer any files or pics. It's just a pain. One other thing, I hardly used the phone yesterday and the battery had run down to about 18 % by 7:30 pm last night so instead of having the option to just swap out my spare battery (I very rarely had to do this) which takes a mere 30 or so seconds and less than a minute to having a full battery I had to plug it in and wait and personally I think the Note 5 takes longet to charge up, yes its a bigger battery but for some reason it ran down faster than I expected.
As far as the size between the two I see no difference through the naked eye and with cases on both I had a hard time knowing which one was which.
AND......NO SDCARD!!!!!!!!! I never did even get close to filling up my 32 GB card but I still had the peace of mind that I w
Would be safe so not having one on the Note 5 left me concerned.
3rd complaint..... trying to transfer my pics via the pc which is more stressful than sitting in backed up traffic. I wanted to have all my folders set up just like they are on the Note 4 but that didnt happen. Some of the folders on the 4 didn't even transfer. The gallery needless to say turned into a unorganized mess. Even with the folders it put all my pictures all together so I'm feeling frustrated . I wonder why they keep ch.anging things.
They changed the buttons function on the bottom of the phone, you cant access the default applications from homescreen now and it also isn't at the top of the notification drop down window. You have to go directly into settings to get to the application manager or the default applicstions. Also it doesnt give you an option to have it in the quick settings.
The SPen was better. While the phone is asleep you can detach the pen and you are able to write on the screen without waking up the phone and take notes. The pen is now spring loaded too so that worried me too, something else to stop working.
It now has themes but I havent fooled with it yet but I may try it before I return it today just to see what it looks like.
Bottom line the NO SDCARD AND NO SPARE BATTERY has turned into a deal breaker for me, a costly one at that. I'm sure they willl charge me a restocking fee and of course the activation fee too but I guess its better than being unhappy with the phone. Thank goodness I didn't sell back the Note 4. I still owed more on it than the $200 they wanted to give me and I was going to sell it but the price has dropped considerably on the Note 4's since Feb, so I'll just keep it.

Last edited by bjbarr; 08-23-2015 at 08:50 AM.
bjbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:37 PM   #12
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
Can't you just beam the pictures from the 4 to the 5 via direct share or whatever it's called now?
Old 08-24-2015, 04:50 AM   #13
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
SU$: 80,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFace23 View Post
Can't you just beam the pictures from the 4 to the 5 via direct share or whatever it's called now?
WiFi share or Bluetooth.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:50 AM   #14
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

I guess the S6 ram management issue is still a issue with the Note 5 even with 4GB of ram. I don't notice the S6 lag all the time but sometimes some apps like hangouts takes a few seconds to open. Thanks Greg for making me notice it more. lol
Old 08-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #15
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
SU$: 80,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbarr View Post
I got one on Friday and its going back today (Sunday). I cant get over not having a sdcard or a spare battery. Also I don't like having to hook the phone up to pc to transfer any files or pics. It's just a pain. One other thing, I hardly used the phone yesterday and the battery had run down to about 18 % by 7:30 pm last night so instead of having the option to just swap out my spare battery (I very rarely had to do this) which takes a mere 30 or so seconds and less than a minute to having a full battery I had to plug it in and wait and personally I think the Note 5 takes longet to charge up, yes its a bigger battery but for some reason it ran down faster than I expected.
As far as the size between the two I see no difference through the naked eye and with cases on both I had a hard time knowing which one was which.
AND......NO SDCARD!!!!!!!!! I never did even get close to filling up my 32 GB card but I still had the peace of mind that I w
Would be safe so not having one on the Note 5 left me concerned.
3rd complaint..... trying to transfer my pics via the pc which is more stressful than sitting in backed up traffic. I wanted to have all my folders set up just like they are on the Note 4 but that didnt happen. Some of the folders on the 4 didn't even transfer. The gallery needless to say turned into a unorganized mess. Even with the folders it put all my pictures all together so I'm feeling frustrated . I wonder why they keep ch.anging things.
They changed the buttons function on the bottom of the phone, you cant access the default applications from homescreen now and it also isn't at the top of the notification drop down window. You have to go directly into settings to get to the application manager or the default applicstions. Also it doesnt give you an option to have it in the quick settings.
The SPen was better. While the phone is asleep you can detach the pen and you are able to write on the screen without waking up the phone and take notes. The pen is now spring loaded too so that worried me too, something else to stop working.
It now has themes but I havent fooled with it yet but I may try it before I return it today just to see what it looks like.
Bottom line the NO SDCARD AND NO SPARE BATTERY has turned into a deal breaker for me, a costly one at that. I'm sure they willl charge me a restocking fee and of course the activation fee too but I guess its better than being unhappy with the phone. Thank goodness I didn't sell back the Note 4. I still owed more on it than the $200 they wanted to give me and I was going to sell it but the price has dropped considerably on the Note 4's since Feb, so I'll just keep it.
You really have no one to blame but yourself. You're critiquing a phone over some features that you knew it didn't have from the start. It's like buying a red car and then *****ing because it's not blue. I don't know why your battery drained like that, but I haven't had that issue. Perhaps you had a rogue app running in the background. My gallery app is nearly identical to the Note 4 so maybe Sprint did something different. Transferring media is exactly the same as the Note 4 with my TMo Note 5. It seems to me that you never should have got the Note5 in the first place. Shame.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:
PokerFace23 (08-24-2015), tbakergobuck (08-24-2015)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Release Date, Pricing, Specifications And New Features..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: