Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
CzechPleaz
Telephone User

Mood: Goofy
Phone: Nexus 6
My Mood: Goofy
SU$: 1,103
Nexus 6 front-facing speakers = AWESOME!

I wrote a brief blog comparing the front-facing stereo speakers of the #Nexus6 to those of another popular Android device with front-facing stereo speakers (hint: #boomsound)

If you want to actually HEAR music or a call being played over the external speakers, the Nexus 6 will not disappoint. They are LOUD and CLEAR.

Check out my blog over on Sprint Community:

#‎Nexus6‬ is BIG on Sound - Don't believe me, Just Listen! My review of the N6 speakers and sound.

http://sprint.co/1LI8RNF

#sprintemployee
SLME (03-01-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
I own a Nexus 6 myself and can say the front facing stereo speakers in my opinion are on par with HTC boom sound system.
CzechPleaz (03-04-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 07:58 AM   #3
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Nice review phone junkie... I've never really cared that much about front face speakers/sound quality. I use wireless headphones. It annoys me when people talk on speaker phone in public. lol The speakers on the M8 take up a lot of space. I would rather have a bigger screen. That's just me though.
Matt (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Nice review phone junkie... I've never really cared that much about front face speakers/sound quality. I use wireless headphones. It annoys me when people talk on speaker phone in public. lol The speakers on the M8 take up a lot of space. I would rather have a bigger screen. That's just me though.
Same here. I don't mind mediocre speakers for YouTube, Facebook, etc. When it's time for music and movies I play sound to either BT headphones are earbuds.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Me neither, but after hearing the Nexus 6 I am a convert now.

I didn't know front facing speaking make such a huge difference in sound quality. Plus, from my viewpoint is that the front facing speakers on the Nexus 6 don't take up that much space compared to the M8 in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Same here. I don't mind mediocre speakers for YouTube, Facebook, etc. When it's time for music and movies I play sound to either BT headphones are earbuds.
I used to have the same viewpoint as you, but now I am a convert to the BIG BOOM sound.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
CzechPleaz
Telephone User

Mood: Goofy
My Mood: Goofy
SU$: 1,103
I agree with those who don't use speakerphone often. I don't use speakerphone often. When listening to music I much prefer the sound quality of earphones, BT or wired. And like some of you have said, I too find it rude when people use speakerphone in public or open office spaces to carry on conversations. I never want to be "that guy." But, it was a nice surprise to find out just how loud and clear the front-facing stereo speakers were on the N6 for times when I'm listening to a podcast in the morning, or that rare time when I'm alone at home and need both hands free when taking a call and not within reach of my BT.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 AM   #7
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
I do use speaker phone if I'm on hold only when I'm alone. My dad use to talk to me all the time on speaker phone and it annoyed the hell out me. lol He has a cheap flip phone is it sounded like crap. I've been wanting to get one of mini speakers for my desk. Kind of crazy how nice they sound for being so small. The speaker on the Note 4 is on the back of the phone which kind of suc ks but I have a stand that I keep my phone on. The S6 has the speakers at the bottom of the phone so that should help. Phone speakers have come a long way.
CzechPleaz (03-05-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #8
Harvey
Telephone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,309
It's not just speakerphone. Have you ever wanted to show someone else a funny video or cool music video? Or a song on your music list that you want to turn someone onto? You're not gonna use headphones for that, especially if there's more than one person to share with.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Nexus 6 front-facing speakers = AWESOME!

Tags
motorola, nexus6, speaker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: