Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-24-2014, 05:32 AM   #1
DESERPENTOR
Droid Boss

Phone: DROID TURBO
SU$: 9,380
Arrow Nexus X

Will the Nexus X come to Sprint?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,401
It appears Sprint turned down the Moto X although Motorola built a specific model for them. Looks like they did it so sales wouldn't draw away from the iPhone. Moto is making the next Nexus as well. We'll find out next month. I would hope that the next Nexus will be available on Sprint but I won't be getting one. The rumored size is too much for me.

http://www.androidcentral.com/leaked...era-next-nexus
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Pixel, 128
SU$: 5,277
There are rumours of three Nexus devices. The HTC 9-inch tablet, shamu, AND a 5.2-inch phone.
krudl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
legion125
Cellular Phone User

The (" HTC (Nexus) tablet is confirmed, Shamu is practically there. I've heard the same 5.2" rumor and think it would be great if Google pushed it and Sprint picked it up. However, I think it refers to the Sprint version of the Moto X that either Sprint or Motorola said wouldn't be sold. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
robbierob03
Telephone User

Phone: Galaxy SIII
SU$: 705
It would be short sighted for Sprint to go backwards and stop allowing Nexus phones to be activated on their network just to sell more iphones. Sprint really isn't in any position to turn away customers because they happen to choose the "wrong" phone.

I'm actually hopeful that the Moto X Pure Edition will be allowed to be activated on Sprint along with the new Nexus, and then we'll just have to deal with any LTE band incompatibility issues on the Moto X side.
robbierob03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #6
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
After a week I adjusted to the size of the LG Flex 6'' but I have big mits. hehe I prefer the size of my G3 5.5" in the summer. In the winter I don't care that much since I'll be carrying the phone in my jacket.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
legion125
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob03 View Post
It would be short sighted for Sprint to go backwards and stop allowing Nexus phones to be activated on their network just to sell more iphones. Sprint really isn't in any position to turn away customers because they happen to choose the "wrong" phone.
If you look back at Sprints history, they have been rather famous for being short sighted at times. On other forums it has been bantered around that Sprint has to start moving iPhones due to its contractual agreement with Apple. Take this into account with Sprint introducing phones from Sharp and possibly Sony (Due to the Softbank tie up) you can start to see why Sprint may need to turn down a model here and there.

Turning down a popular device like the Moto X or maybe the Nexus X for phones from Japan that may/may not be a hit may prove to be short sighted if it doesn't pan out in the future. If Sprint had the subs of AT&T/Verizon than this wouldn't be an issue and Sprint could carry a robust line up.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #8
robbierob03
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion125 View Post
If you look back at Sprints history, they have been rather famous for being short sighted at times. On other forums it has been bantered around that Sprint has to start moving iPhones due to its contractual agreement with Apple. Take this into account with Sprint introducing phones from Sharp and possibly Sony (Due to the Softbank tie up) you can start to see why Sprint may need to turn down a model here and there.

Turning down a popular device like the Moto X or maybe the Nexus X for phones from Japan that may/may not be a hit may prove to be short sighted if it doesn't pan out in the future. If Sprint had the subs of AT&T/Verizon than this wouldn't be an issue and Sprint could carry a robust line up.
Completely agreed Sprint has a history of making all sorts of wrong decisions, but I was hoping the new management would actually not repeat the mistakes of their past counterparts. I actually like Sprint taking chances on new handsets that can be a carrier exclusive, even though I hate that premise in general (Sprint needs all the help they can get at this point). But saying no to phones that will appear on all the other major carriers doesn't seem like a smart play at all. Do that too many times and it says to customers "Come to Sprint for the "best" smartphone pricing, just don't expect to have ever heard of our smartphone models."
Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #9
just_maurice
Two Cans & String User

Phone: mogul
SU$: 30
Maybe it is time to leave. Im in new york city putting up with crappy service. Guess I have to go to tmobile now since sprint feel that they can refuse good phones
just_maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #10
r0fl
No, venti is twenty. Large is large. In fact, tall is large and grande is Spanish for large. Venti is the only one that doesn't mean large. It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages.

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Samsung Hearing
Trades: 24
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 4,215
hi it's been forever since i posted but this is coming to sprint I guarantee that
https://twitter.com/r0fl/status/519909389453783040
Old 10-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
robbierob03
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0fl View Post
hi it's been forever since i posted but this is coming to sprint I guarantee that
If this does in fact come to Sprint, then I really don't understand why Sprint would turn down the new Moto X. They aren't going to promote the new nexus, and at a 6in screen theres already customers who won't even consider the phone. So if sprint is willing to carry a phone with such limited appeal what's stopping them from carrying the Moto?

Motorola is spending the advertising money, and will probably be using the same radios in both phones. So really what's the issue?

Sent from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #12
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Pixel, 128
SU$: 5,277
Quote:
Thank you - we appreciate the info.
krudl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
MidwestDrummer
Digital PCS User

Phone: Samsung Note II
Trades: 2
SU$: 21,824
Send a message via Skype™ to MidwestDrummer
Quote:
It's been forever since I've posted as well. I came her specifically to find some sort of confirmation like this. Thank you!

/r/android seems to be pretty disappointed by the $649 off-contract price. I bet Sprint's 2-year contract price is right around $300.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #14
Lexxous
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Moto X
Trades: 16
SU$: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbierob03 View Post
If this does in fact come to Sprint, then I really don't understand why Sprint would turn down the new Moto X. They aren't going to promote the new nexus, and at a 6in screen theres already customers who won't even consider the phone. So if sprint is willing to carry a phone with such limited appeal what's stopping them from carrying the Moto?

Motorola is spending the advertising money, and will probably be using the same radios in both phones. So really what's the issue?

Sent from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

It pisses me off to hear that Sprint isn't carrying the MX2....so many reviews I have read that this is the best android phone ever made, why the hell wouldn't you carry it along with the Apple line. I love my SERO but I hate Sprint
Lexxous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #15
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxous View Post
It pisses me off to hear that Sprint isn't carrying the MX2....so many reviews I have read that this is the best android phone ever made, why the hell wouldn't you carry it along with the Apple line. I love my SERO but I hate Sprint
Sprint will carry the new Nexus 6. http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=235468

Quote:
The Nexus 6 will be available for preorder on October 29 and available in November, sold unlocked or through carriers. Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile will sell the Nexus 6 in the US. The 32GB version of the Nexus 6 will cost $649 unlocked, while the 64GB version will cost $699.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: