Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
sbiz
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 6
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 1,321
Cost of 4s to 5s Upgrade After 2 Year Contract?

What is the current cost of the upgrade from the iPhone 4s to 5s at the end of the Sprint two-year agreement or when you are first eligible to upgrade it?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #2

SU$: 0
http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop...dt_phones&ptn=
Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
sbiz
Cordless Phone User

Guess that means we get the same deals new customers do.

It seems like rates are going up. For an unlimited plan there's two choices:

1) the $110/month unlimited plus $198 for the iPhone or

2) become a Sprint marketer by pulling together 10 people under the Framily Plan to get unlimited for $45/month apiece plus $27/month for 24 months for the phone.

I imagine many of us will be better off upgrading our phones through third parties to. Keep our existing plans.

Last edited by sbiz; 03-26-2014 at 10:45 AM.
sbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
Silly the wireless industry has always been about getting new customers. Why would an iPhone be any different

Sent from my iPad using SU Forum
Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
sbiz
Cordless Phone User

Sprint is just as interested in retaining current customers as bringing in new ones.

However, my original post was merely to determine what upgrade discount customers approaching the end of their contract would be offered and whether Sprint would require that you exchange your existing iphone to get the new model. The policies have varied in the past.

It might make more sense to put an old smartphone from eBay on the account in place of the iPhone, then accept a new contract to upgrade that to the newest iPhone. Another option would be to jump to a new carrier to get the full benefit of the phone discount without having to turn in any phone.

Last edited by sbiz; 03-27-2014 at 08:53 AM.
sbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,931
I don't think there's any discounts any more really. EasyPay and the program before it are Sprint's efforts to move away from subsidized phones. EasyPay puts you in contract, but the payments are spread out over 24 months (after the initial down payment) and you can actually pay in full whenever you want.

Regardless, I don't deal with Sprint any more. I just go to the Apple store and buy direct. In 2012 I got the subsidized price. I imagine Apple will have integrated EasyPay into their system by the time I'm ready to purchase again. Or I can just buy outright and be off contract by that point. Apple gives you that option too.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
sbiz
Cordless Phone User

If you check the link to the Sprint phone offerings in BrettW's comment in this thread, Sprint still subsidizes when you accept a two year agreement, but it eliminated all the lower cost plan offerings.

Trading up through any variety of parties while your current model has value seems to be the best future course.

The downside of the Framily plan is that your monthly cost goes up on a sliding scale as members in your Framily leave the group for any reason.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
Cam
Telephone User

Mood: Happy
Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 4,811
Send a message via AIM to Cam Send a message via Yahoo to Cam
When I went back to the Apple store because the camera stopped working. I went ahead and used my upgrade and got the iPhone 5s they gave me $199.00 for my iPhone 4s 16gb. I was like wow. I think I am going take back the 64gb 5s.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
sbiz
Cordless Phone User

Customer Svs told me I could upgrade when I become upgrade eligible to the iPhone 6 for the Plan price ($199) without changing my current 450 minute unlimited udata plan. Awesoome

iPhone 5s 32GB, Sprint

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: