Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 42,357
Thumbs up YPG LG G2 Review

5.2 inch screen
1920x1080p display
Qualcomm MAN8974 Snapdragon 800 - 2.2GHZ Quad-core
13MP Camera w/LED flash & optical image stabilization
3000mAh Lithium Polymer battery
3.5mm headset port, micro-USB port, speaker and microphone on bottom edge
On/Off and volume/zoom control on back
No micro SD or removable battery
No physical buttons on front or sides
Android 4.2.2
Gorilla Glass 2
Plastic casing

I got this phone Wed, coming from LG Viper, and wow I love it. This phone makes sure there is no need for a tablet in My life. It is light in My hand and easily goes in My back pocket.

The screen is so much larger and more detailed. Camera pics look crisp and the LED flash is functionable. Videos also look good. You can actually see JBS wagging his tail vs just a blur.

Call quality is clear and loud. My Viper always sounded muffled so this is great for Me.

So easy to delete apps including pre-installed ones.
You can drag app icon to top of screen and two options pop up: Info & Remove.
If you go to the Info option you will get info on the app and the option to uninstall if possible.
You can also press the Apps icon and once that is open press the Settings Gear. This lets you rearrange your apps or uninstall any app with a red x on it. You can also go to system settings, apps and see all of your apps. How much memory is used and free is displayed at the bottom. Press an app and it will let you uninstall if possible. Thank you LG for making app removal so easy.

There are no physical buttons on the front. The available buttons are part of the display.
You can change what buttons appear on the bottom and in what order they appear in.

This phone has NFC, Android Beam and Smart Share Beam. AB can share images and music by holding the phones together. I think this may be the same thing that the Galaxy phone can do. I will experiment with this with the SGS4M and report back. SSB can share multi-media content from LG phones and tabs. I will experiment with this if the Mach also has it. I think it is kind of redundant to have three ways to transfer content so hopefully this is streamlined in the future.

NEAT FEATURES:
Double tap to wake screen or put to sleep - I love it!
Bring phone to ear to answer.
Flip phone to snooze or turn off alarm.
Flip phone to silence incoming call or pause video.
Display battery % next to battery indicator, no app needed.
Battery saver can be set to turn on at 30%.
Lock screen has weather animations.
Text Link Display - Show text link icons to indicate apps related to message content. Can be turned off!
Daydream - Clock while sleeping docked or charging.
Smart Video - Video pauses when it does not see your face.
Smart Screen - Screen stays on as long as it detects your face.
Remote Control for various devices. I have the remote working with My living room and bedroom TV.
Favorites List in phone. Can set up with most frequently called numbers. I love this feature!
Voice Notifications - Reads out incoming calls and messages.
Incoming Call Pop-up - Small incoming call pop-up when app is in use instead of pausing app and going to call screen.
Voice Enhancement - Enhance voice clarity in noisy environment.
Wireless Storage - Can sync with computer.
LG Backup - Backs up all info: DL apps, settings, media and personal data. Very quick process.

STEALTH MODE:
Call Reject - Reject calls from numbers on list or all calls.
Quiet Mode - Silent ring profile and blocks some or all calls of your choosing. New messages do not turn on screen.
Privacy Keeper - Hide name, number or all incoming call info.
Can set to never repeat alert for mIssed call. All notifications in status bar can be turned off. You can also turn off LED notifications.
Do Not Track - Requests websites do not track. Websites may still do so for security or other reasons.

WHAT MAKES ME SAD:
The speakers on the bottom are blocked by My thumb when I hold the phone. I hold My hand in an L shape and My thumb runs right across the bottom.
Blocked or not, the speakers are not very loud.
Does require two hands to use.
No one/simple beep for ringtone. Come on people, Sanyo got this right years ago.

Yesterday I got almost ten hours of use from the phone. I am constantly online or using an app so the screen is almost always lit. I am very impressed with the battery life. I suppose I will have to use the laptop to transfer My music since it does not take SD cards. I might as well just upload My music to GM and then I have access to it everywhere.
OT: Why does GM not have a way to upload music from your phone directly?
IDNC about a removable battery because I will change phones before this one is used.

All in all, I like this phone. Seems rock solid and built to last.

Last edited by YPG; 03-21-2014 at 10:45 AM.
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YPG For This Useful Post:
Brandon (05-13-2014), DJRider (03-23-2014), Matt (03-22-2014), SLME (03-23-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
YPG
You down with YPG?

I forgot to add that it has Miracast: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H2D...&pi=SY200_QL40
About this item
Tronsmart Mirror2TV (T1000) is a new generation of HDMI HD Media Streamer after Google Chromcast. It is a remote-free cross-platform (iOS, Android, Windows, and OS X)wireless display device, which receives and displays the contents you love from internet and your own portable devices (smartphones, tablets, notebook and Mac). It casts video, audio, photos, MS office files, PDF files, games to HDTV or projector wirelessly. It can mirror whatever shown on the screen of your smartphone, tablet, notebook, PC to your HDTV or projector. Overall, it is a useful tools for your home multimedia entertainment, also a powerful tools for your office presentation.

Any other phones have this?
Anyone used this?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
YPG
You down with YPG?

Speaker Reassessment: The speakers seem flat and not as loud when playing music. The sound was louder when listening to a movie. The ringer is loud enough. The MACH did seem louder when playing music. I feel this may be because of the speakers placement and design on each phone.

Last edited by YPG; 03-23-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #4

SU$: 0
Moved to the LG section per OP request to allow for questions and discussion.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #5
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
The speakers are flat and not nearly as loud as my Sony. Wonder when Sprint version will get KitKat.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:56 AM   #6
evowoman88
Watches too much NASCAR..

Phone: Nexus 6
SU$: 5,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The speakers are flat and not nearly as loud as my Sony. Wonder when Sprint version will get KitKat.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
When they figure out how to work KitKat and Spark? Actually, I've heard it's a CDMA issue so it will be interesting when it gets fixed.

Sent from my LG G2 using TapaTalk
evowoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #7
Brandon
I still play Pokemon

Mood: Amused
Phone: Galaxy Note 4
Trades: 17
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 33,910
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon
Great review Cat. 👍👌

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
YPG (05-13-2014)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > LG > YPG LG G2 Review

Tags
lg g2, review

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: