Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-31-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Mood: Amused
Phone: Nexus 6P
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 117,203
Best Buy $50 Gift Card Offer on New Phones (2 yr contract required)

Ok, phone addicts. Best Buy is offering their $50 credit again which can be applied directly to the purchase of a new phone! So it's a free $50 off the already discounted phones, pretty good deal if you ask me. Can make a $50 phone free or save more money off more expensive phones.

The catches: You can only get this on on upgrades, not new lines. Also requires the typical 2 year contract, which should be obvious. I don't know why anyone would buy full cost at Best Buy since they typically price higher than carriers full cost.

Timing: You have to sign up between Feb 2 - Feb 10. However, once signed up you can use it anytime through 2014.

Carriers: This will work on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. It won't on T-Mobile though since they don't have contracts anymore. Sorry T-mobile users. Sorry Tbay.

Here's the link and don't forget to sign up: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mobile-P...at293000050015

***NEW cloud storage COPY. Click
HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Click HERE for a DROPBOX account; get you and me more space!
th3taman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to th3taman For This Useful Post:
Mandy0509 (02-02-2014)
Old 02-02-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Level7
Telegraph User

SU$: 124
They started the deal but then raised the prices of all their phones. Yesterday the S4 was $100 cheaper.
Level7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Try and get them to price match. Some BB do it some don't.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level7 View Post
They started the deal but then raised the prices of all their phones. Yesterday the S4 was $100 cheaper.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Was going to get the wife a 5C and they raised the price back up $50. I know the prices will vary, but seriously annoyed I missed the chance to get it for free. Also had an early upgrade at Christmas when they were a penny, but could only be used in carrier stores and not at Best Buy. Ugh.

HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,401
Too bad it's only for contracts. If the non-subsidized firestorm really takes root, like the rumors of Sprint doing away with subsidies this year, then BB and other retailers are going to take a hit. I've gotten my past 4-5 phones through BB using the subsidized model, but with the framily plan, it looks like you save more money going through Sprint. Everyone knows that BB hoses you when you pay retail for a phone. They may need to rethink and tweek their business plan if subsidies go away.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion125 View Post
Too bad it's only for contracts. If the non-subsidized firestorm really takes root, like the rumors of Sprint doing away with subsidies this year, then BB and other retailers are going to take a hit. I've gotten my past 4-5 phones through BB using the subsidized model, but with the framily plan, it looks like you save more money going through Sprint. Everyone knows that BB hoses you when you pay retail for a phone. They may need to rethink and tweek their business plan if subsidies go away.
Yes, this only applies to 2 year contract phones, and anyone that is remotely smart would realize if buying full retail, never do it at Best Buy. With that said, there are people that still buy on 2 year contracts. I just bought two 5C's and this essentially paid me a penny to buy them. Yes it was on 2 year contract, but for Verizon...there Edge plan actually costs more in the long run vs. their crappy Edge.

Can't speak to Sprint's new Framily plans as I haven't really looked at them thoroughly.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Level7
Telegraph User

SU$: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3taman View Post
Yes, this only applies to 2 year contract phones, and anyone that is remotely smart would realize if buying full retail, never do it at Best Buy. With that said, there are people that still buy on 2 year contracts. I just bought two 5C's and this essentially paid me a penny to buy them. Yes it was on 2 year contract, but for Verizon...there Edge plan actually costs more in the long run vs. their crappy Edge.

Can't speak to Sprint's new Framily plans as I haven't really looked at them thoroughly.

I only upgrade using 2 year contracts, would never pay retail for a phone. Ended up getting the S4 for a penny Amazon.
Level7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:52 AM   #8
adamgill61
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Iphone 5s
SU$: 109
Thanks for update. I am planning to upgrade my phone and i wish this offer beneficial for me.
adamgill61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #9
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Update? It's been two years.

Tags
$50, best buy, gift card