Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
dag16
Telegraph User

Phone: Sprint Touch
SU$: 632
Phone automatically reboots at the exact same physical location everytime

Hi all,
so, an odd problem. There is an intersection in San Diego (La Jolla Village Drive and Town Center Drive) where my phone (EVO LTE running CM10.2) reboots everytime I drive by or through it. This just started two weeks ago, and it had never happened before. The intersection is right by my son's school, so I have been driving it almost daily since September.
If I don't take him to school and go to work another route, my phone is fine. If I put the phone in airplane mode right before the spot and wait a few minutes, nothing happens. If I put in in airplane mode right before the spot, and then turn it back on before I'm far enough away, the phone reboots as soon as it gets signal.
I tried an experiment last night and drove through the area 4 or 5x with rest periods in another area between each drive through. Reboot everytime.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I imagine calling Sprint will get me nowhere..
thanks
dag16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #2
nikarico
Telegraph User

Mood: Twisted
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 418
I can't really help but, I work in that area and when I get to Towne Centre and Eastgate mall my signal always drops.
nikarico is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > Phone automatically reboots at the exact same physical location everytime

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: