Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,922
iOS 7 Evasi0n Jailbreak now live!!!

The iOS 7 jailbreak is out!

This is the official one by the Evadrs team.

iOS 7.0 to 7.0.4!

Merry Christmas!!!!

http://evasi0n.com

Note! Jailbreak at your own risk. The Evadrs fired this off without warning anybody in the JB community. Cydia will function and Winterboard will work, but Mobile Substrate (required for tweaks and JB apps) is NOT working and Cydia has NOT been updated.

Almost NO tweaks and apps have been updated because there was nothing to test with and this got sprung on the community.

Lastly, apparently the JB works with iOS 7.1 BETA 1 and BETA 2, but there is no guarantee that the holes won't be patched once the official 7.1 release is made by Apple.

It is speculated however, that the Evadrs are confident that they have exploits in reserve that they can use for 7.1, which is why they had no problem dropping the JB on the community now.

Personally, I am waiting. I have 40+ tweaks I use right now. If iOS 7.1 turns out to not be jailbreakable and I'm stuck, oh well. I've got too much I use right now with my iOS 6.1 jailbreak and I'm not willing to go through the whole round of updates. By the time 7.1 is out (if it's jailbreakable) most of my stuff should be updated (hopefully).

Last edited by eyoungren; 12-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
miamisaint
Telegraph User

SU$: 947
Hmmm that is interesting especially since you were telling me about jail breaking the other day!
miamisaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisaint View Post
Hmmm that is interesting especially since you were telling me about jail breaking the other day!
Yep!

If I was stock, I would jailbreak now. The upgrades will come. But, I'm too dependent on stuff that isn't working at the moment.

BiteSMS is just one example. BiteSMS can replace the texting app and it can be themed. But more than that it allows Quick Reply anywhere. So you do not have to go into the messaging app to reply. It allows Quick Compose from anywhere and both QC and QR work on the lockscreen.

Callbar does the same, except it's for calls. Make a call, receive a call anywhere and you can do it from the lockscreen.

Just two examples of what jailbreaking allows you to do.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
eyoungren
iPhone User

Updated news on this. A lot has happened since my initial post. Apparently the JB community has blown up over this and Twitter is being used hard.

So, here's what's speculated so far…

Evad3rs contracted with Taig about two months ago or so. Taig is a Chinese jailbreak app store, like Cydia, but in China. The speculation is that they paid the Evad3rs to release early and bundle their app store in the jailbreak. Normally, you get Cydia when you jailbreak. You still do, but it's not set by default and if the language on your PC that you run the jailbreak on is set the Chinese, you get Taig instead. You can still elect to install Cydia if you like, but again, it's not set by default.

Saurik (who is the owner/operator of Cydia) was aware two months ago about Taig, but whatever proposals he had for the Evad3rs to keep Cydia in the jailbreak were not sufficient for them. In the end he would have lost money. So…apparently he is in talks with another jailbreak team. Thus, Saurik is not surprised to hear that Taig was included, but is surprised that the Evad3rs released this early.

The speculation on that is that the Evad3rs wanted to beat any other jailbreak out.

Now the controversy with Taig is that apparently there are some pirated apps in the Taig store. Further, on install it phones home to an IP address in Costa Rica. Blocking that IP address results in a failure of the jailbreak to install.

The Evad3rs have released a statement saying that their contract with Taig explicity forbids pirated software and that Taig is working to remove any of it.

If you have not jailbroken already my suggestion would be to wait. Cydia is above board so for me, I'm not going to install any JB that does not include Cydia (this Evad3rs jailbreak installs an older version if you select the option). If you did jailbreak and don't feel comfortable with any of this, restore your iPhone to stock.

Needless to say the JB community is POed and knives are being sharpened. One side is claiming the Evad3rs sold out for money and the other side doesn't see an issue.

As with all jailbreaking, DO YOUR HOMEWORK and PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Last edited by eyoungren; 12-22-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Exit24
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
on install it phones home to an IP address in Costa Rica. Blocking that IP address results in a failure of the jailbreak to install.
I read about that earlier, the whole thing was pushed out too early in my opinion. I hope they're right, and that the loopholes they have in reserve can crack 7.1. 7.0.4 is good, but it is very buggy. I wouldn't want to be stuck on 7.0.4 for longer than I had to.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
I saw their twitter post today. Can't say I'm not surprised. I'd want to make money too.

I'll keep waiting. My 5S is great thus far. Nothing huge I'm missing.

Sent from my iPad using SU Forum
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #7
eyoungren
iPhone User

Yeah, I'm still on iOS 6.1 with my 5. Got everything I need so to have all these issues and potential problems, well it's not worth it to upgrade to iOS 7 for me yet.

I agree, I think they released this too soon. But, if money was a driving factor I can see why. But, other than a few tweaks there's just nothing useable in Cydia right now. So, to me, it's essentially a jailbreak of iOS 7 that does nothing yet. And I'm not ready enough to be on iOS 7 for that.

If it means I miss the boat on a jailbreak, so be it.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,296
I jailbroke my 5s 5 mins ago but I havent loaded not one tweak....lol- All I want is the adblock and bytafont tweaks anyway...so I can wait to load them when everything is fixed aka updated

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
I jailbroke my 5s 5 mins ago but I havent loaded not one tweak....lol- All I want is the adblock and bytafont tweaks anyway...so I can wait to load them when everything is fixed aka updated
I hear that Winterboard works, but I haven't heard if any actual themes are working.

f.lux came out with an update today though. Says it works for iOS 7, so hopefully there's that.

I can understand the Evad3rs position, but it looks pretty bad when you go with an app/tweak store that has pirated versions of most of the tweaks from the devs you're working with for a jailbreak.

So, the devs are ticked. I'm hoping this can all get worked out, but we'll see I guess.

I'll probably go with whatever Saurik endorses though.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
eyoungren
iPhone User

Just a further update. As of last night, the Evad3rs had decided to kill TaiG from the install. So, even if you have Chinese set up on your iPhone as your language you'll get Cydia installed now.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,296
Removed my jailbreak....back to stock

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #12
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
Removed my jailbreak....back to stock
Why, if I may ask? Just curious.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
I think ill jailbreak it this week once some of the apps and tweaks get updated

Old 12-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFace23 View Post
I think ill jailbreak it this week once some of the apps and tweaks get updated

Yeah, I'm thinking Friday myself. I have access to an Intel Mac at work. Otherwise, it'll mean having to put one of my two PCs back together before I can do this. My main Macs are PowerPC, Leopard 10.5.8 only.

But we'll see. I'm sort of waiting for Saurik's "blessing" so to speak.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
Gary G. Little
Software engineer

Phone: iPhone 5
SU$: 6,558
I decided to install the JB on my iPad 2 last week. Really, the process of first installing the JB to then have to install Cydia so you can get the "sources" for all the "pretties" you might or might not want, to then begin reading the flap over the JB developers, TaIG, Saurik, and CHINA really drove the final nail in the coffin for me (mostly confirming what I have always believed).

I did finally manage to get flux installed on the iPad and was really really impressed (NOT) over an app that simply "dims" the display with pretty colors.

Jailbreaking, to me, is simply not worth the effort and definitely not worth the risk of delivering my device to an unknown entity with questionable intent.
Gary G. Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 5 Series > iOS 7 Evasi0n Jailbreak now live!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: