Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
miamisaint
Telegraph User

SU$: 947
Republic Wireless

I'm thinking of switching to this company and they use sprint towers... Does anyone recommend their service?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2998459154.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	45639   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3869768856.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	45640  
miamisaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
Gameaddict8
Telephone User

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG G4
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 956
Send a message via AIM to Gameaddict8
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisaint View Post
I'm thinking of switching to this company and they use sprint towers... Does anyone recommend their service?
My friend used it in Los Angeles. Service is reliable for the price..

LG G4
Gameaddict8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
miamisaint
Telegraph User

Hmm.. Price wise it is great. The phone selection is very sparse... They only have the Moto X and the Defy XT. I got a used defy phone on eBay and they are supposedly doing reactivations for Q1:2014. Hopefully if that is the case I will be able to switch easily.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
247hoopsfan
Telegraph User

Phone: LG Optimus
SU$: 255
I am looking at Republic as well. Been with Sprint for 17+ years. I have 4 phones, all off contract and due for upgrades, but I will not sign with them for another 2 years and put up with more rate increases, poor coverage and other BS. I am in the SF Bay Area and the coverage has gotten worse as they are "rolling out" 4g coverage. Even with an Airave, most of my calls drop at home. Coverage is pretty good most of the time when I am out and about, so Republic could be a $$$ saver. I would go with the Moto X, which is a pretty good phone. I am reading blogs on the Republic forum to keep up to date on problems/solutions. By most accounts, it works pretty well in the Bay Area.
247hoopsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
miamisaint
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247hoopsfan
I am looking at Republic as well. Been with Sprint for 17+ years. I have 4 phones, all off contract and due for upgrades, but I will not sign with them for another 2 years and put up with more rate increases, poor coverage and other BS. I am in the SF Bay Area and the coverage has gotten worse as they are "rolling out" 4g coverage. Even with an Airave, most of my calls drop at home. Coverage is pretty good most of the time when I am out and about, so Republic could be a $$$ saver. I would go with the Moto X, which is a pretty good phone. I am reading blogs on the Republic forum to keep up to date on problems/solutions. By most accounts, it works pretty well in the Bay Area.
yes it will definitely be a money saver but I suppose since it's still a relatively new company they are still in the upcoming stages will new developments every once an a while. With the defy XT I qualify for the $19 plan and with the Moto X you get more choices plan wise but the phone is 3x what they charge for the Defy XT on the website right now. I've been with Sprint for 7 years now and the service was just seeming to get worse but I don't really notice the issues with internet because I mainly use wifi and 4G LTE is not even put up in my city yet.

Last edited by miamisaint; 01-09-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #6
247hoopsfan
Telegraph User

Phone: LG Optimus
SU$: 255
yeah, I am not too excited about shelling out $300 each for 2 moto x phones. I am going to keep reading on their website for another month or so and see if they get some of their glitches fixed. Maybe the phone price will come down too. Their phones only work on their system, so it is somewhat of a risk. Their idea is great though.
247hoopsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Other Carriers & MVNOs > Republic Wireless

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: