Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 12-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
housej55
Telephone User

Phone: Treo Pro
SU$: 569
Anyone else experiencing calls occasionally not ringing their iPhones?

Hello,
I don't know what it is, but one thing that has irritated me on my iPhone 5 since I bought it, is 50% of the time (especially lately) someone will call me and it just rings then goes to voicemail. Its actually ringing, not going straight to voicemail (which is usually caused by the phone being off or if you have no service). The only way I know they called is if they leave a voicemail and my phone notifies me of a new voicemail. I don't get a missed call alert because the phone never even rang. My step son bought a new iPhone5 on sprint about 4 months ago and he has the same problem. I can understand this if I was in roaming, but damm, I'm in a new updated area for my towers (SpringHill,FL) and I'm always on LTE. Its acting like the phone never receives the signal from the tower that a voice call is coming in, what gives? I even went as far as disabling LTE and just using 3G data for a while, same issue.

I thought this might have been iPhone specific, but my wife is having the occasional issue with her Samsung S3 as well, so I hate to say it, but this seems like a network (sprint) issue to me.

Anyone else?

P.S. - and to cover the responses that Sprint CS reads off of a queue card, I have already closed any apps that are running and reset my phone back to default
Thanks in advance,
housej55
housej55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,931
I would say your guess that it's Sprint's network is correct. Sprint says Florida is built out for LTE, but it still seems to have issues. Unfortunately, the only solution is to either wait it out with Sprint, or go with another carrier. I don't think this is an Apple issue. I have an iPhone 5 and I am not experiencing this. I'm in Phoenix, which is about 15% LTE built out right now and 3G sucks because it's slow. But I haven't experienced anything like this yet anyway.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
trumajor
IPhone User

SU$: 1,802
Sometimes I notice that my phone rings less than normal amount of rings or takes longer for my call to connect. I'm not sure what it is but I know IOS 7 is not making anything better.
trumajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Kimberlee
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 109
This was happening to me as well as my son. I have the 5s & he has the 5c. Sometimes our phone wouldn't ring for incoming calls & we wouldn't get alerts for missed calls or text messages. Our phones are less than a month old. As it turns out, Do Not Disturbed was enabled on both phones. When I disabled this feature, this issue stopped.
Kimberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
trumajor
IPhone User

SU$: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberlee
This was happening to me as well as my son. I have the 5s & he has the 5c. Sometimes our phone wouldn't ring for incoming calls & we wouldn't get alerts for missed calls or text messages. Our phones are less than a month old. As it turns out, Do Not Disturbed was enabled on both phones. When I disabled this feature, this issue stopped.
Oh wow!! I'm happy you got the issue resolved. That's weird though. Happy Calls Now!!
trumajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 5 Series > Anyone else experiencing calls occasionally not ringing their iPhones?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: