Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Arrow Motorola now selling unlocked Moto G in the US, starting at $179..

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/m...o-g-in-the-us/

Quote:
Motorola just gave Americans a surprise holiday gift: it's now selling an unlocked version of the Moto G in the US. Starting today, you can purchase both 8GB ($179) and 16GB ($199) editions of the entry-level smartphone with HSPA+ data optimized either for most US carriers (including AT&T and T-Mobile) or for international travel. Any orders placed today should ship by December 2nd, although you'll have to be content with a black shell -- the phone's colored backs and flip covers are "coming soon." Those on CDMA networks will still have to wait until January to get a Moto G of their own, but everyone else can start shopping at the source link http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers...ys-to-buy.html .
Old 11-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
So far, all the reviews have been very positive. Motorola knocked it out of the park again. With the X and now the G, Motorola's been having a great past few months.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
The only thing I can see the Moto G being good for is for international travelers that need a cheap GSM phone for a pre-paid SIM.

I can see this also being good for teenagers who are "rough" on phones cheaper than having insurance on an iPhone.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLME View Post
The only thing I can see the Moto G being good for is for international travelers that need a cheap GSM phone for a pre-paid SIM.

I can see this also being good for teenagers who are "rough" on phones cheaper than having insurance on an iPhone.
It's also great for people on prepaid plans right here in the US, as well as people who don't want to sign contracts. It performs much better than anything in its price range, so a $200 phone is no longer labeled as a piece of junk. Basically, it's a great option for anyone wanting to save money. If they had come out with something like this a couple years ago, I would never have switched my parents away from Android. I got my parents on WP instead because they don't want to spend a ton of money, but all the Android phones in that price range were giant steaming piles of crap. This changes that, and while I don't know if I'll switch them back to Android now that the G is available, I can definitely see it doing well among people in the situation that I was in back then.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #5
The SPCS Guy
Yup...Still With Sprint... ImmaTwiztedOne!

Phone: Galaxy Note 4™
Trades: 1
SU$: 10,113
Send a message via Skype™ to The SPCS Guy
Talking

It' s now available on Google Play directly:

8 GB Unlocked: $179
16 GB Unlocked: $199
Un-carrier: priceless.

https://play.google.com/store/device...?id=moto_g_8gb
Customizations:AppBrain Apps
The SPCS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Motorola now selling unlocked Moto G in the US, starting at $179..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: