Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
bullpen7979
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 908
Ugh. So frustrated with root process

Up till 2 am unlocking the bootloader (which was like getting in to freaking fort knox with all the codes.) So I'm not a stranger to computers or following directions.

I want wireless tether. I have read about pwnmymoto, Rockmymoto, camera updates untill im blue in the face. I just got stuck on xda at this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47067076

I'm stuck. I don't know what to do. I have rooted and jailbroken before but it just seems so difficult. I installed the android sdk took kit, the moto x sprint drivers, Impactor....everything under the sun. I don't want to go back to xda because frankly the attitude seems to be if you don't dream in security exploits you are a retarded POS. (An attitude I really like) I just need some assistance, not an attitude. Can anyone help? I'm pretty sure i got up to the point where I got to A PuTTYtel window will open up where we will enter the code JCase provided.. ??? And the process timed out. I'm almost ready to say skrew it and go back to stock, if that's even possible.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Ouch !
I usually depend on XDA for everything ...
Did you try asking questions on RootzWiki ? That could be an alternative.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
I did it in less than 30 minutes with that guys walk thru using rockmymoto. And yes I did the camera update. I did it maybe 2 weeks ago?

I followed it thoroughly and only got stuck when I needed to push both files to the device.

Sent from my iPad using SU Forum
Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,407
What phone are you rooting? I had issues other day rooting my photon q
Old 11-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
bullpen7979
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 908
the sprint moto x. I got the bootloader unlocked with the 395 step process that yields the secret code but in going thru the rockmymoto process, the command window times out before I can type out the ip address. and the cmd window won't take pasted data. I'm really at my wits end. Almost ready to say the HE<< with it and return it to stock and send the damn thing back. Rooting the evo was easy. This seems next to impossible. Too much going on in life right now for this, but I thought it would be easy. Had a htc evo 4g, rooted it no problem, installed custom roms, etc, so im not a stranger to computers or the android rooting process but this one's got me stumped.

I would seriously paypal someone who could help me hash this out. I am that frustrated. it's been three days. Part of problem is when I plug phone in, it shows up as a media device, not a drive, so I can't push files or apk's or anything to it. I'm currently living in a hotel room, so I don't have all the usual amenities; although I could grab the wireless router and put it on the network and copy over via es file explorer.

Can't tell you how frustrating this is. Got a thread going over at xda as well but it seems I have not put forth the required effort at this.

I guess I'm just confused.

Last edited by bullpen7979; 11-21-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Tre Lawrence
Telephone User

SU$: 861
Hope you figure it out...

Just walk away from it for a while...
Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #7
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,407
Sorry for that phone no clue. Can't help. Good luck.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Um, if your bootloader is unlocked, there is no need to use RockMyMoto.

Flash this, then flash this.

Then again, if doing a simple procedure that has basically 3 steps was like getting into Fort Knox for you, maybe you should do some more research before rooting.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #9
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
If it's coming up as media device don't you need to turn on developer mode?

Old 11-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Lexxous
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Moto X
Trades: 16
SU$: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49 View Post
Um, if your bootloader is unlocked, there is no need to use RockMyMoto.

Flash this, then flash this.

Then again, if doing a simple procedure that has basically 3 steps was like getting into Fort Knox for you, maybe you should do some more research before rooting.
Exactly the attutide he said he doesn't want or need.
What the hell is your problem...
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexxous For This Useful Post:
w7excursion (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Lexxous
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Moto X
Trades: 16
SU$: 16,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFace23 View Post
If it's coming up as media device don't you need to turn on developer mode?

That was the first thing that I thought of too...
Old 11-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #12

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpen7979 View Post
the sprint moto x. I got the bootloader unlocked with the 395 step process that yields the secret code but in going thru the rockmymoto process, the command window times out before I can type out the ip address. and the cmd window won't take pasted data. I'm really at my wits end. Almost ready to say the HE<< with it and return it to stock and send the damn thing back. Rooting the evo was easy. This seems next to impossible. Too much going on in life right now for this, but I thought it would be easy. Had a htc evo 4g, rooted it no problem, installed custom roms, etc, so im not a stranger to computers or the android rooting process but this one's got me stumped.

I would seriously paypal someone who could help me hash this out. I am that frustrated. it's been three days. Part of problem is when I plug phone in, it shows up as a media device, not a drive, so I can't push files or apk's or anything to it. I'm currently living in a hotel room, so I don't have all the usual amenities; although I could grab the wireless router and put it on the network and copy over via es file explorer.

Can't tell you how frustrating this is. Got a thread going over at xda as well but it seems I have not put forth the required effort at this.

I guess I'm just confused.
If you are doing this from a PC to paste in a CMD window CTRL+V wont work you have to actually right click and choose paste.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxous View Post
Exactly the attutide he said he doesn't want or need.
What the hell is your problem...
What problem? He clearly doesn't know very much about the unlocking/rooting process. The only way to solve that is to do research. I told him the easiest way to go about it, but if he doesn't understand why he's doing what he's doing, he will only run into more problems in the future. How about you step off your high horse?
The Following User Says Thank You to BZap49 For This Useful Post:
PokerFace23 (11-25-2013)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Ugh. So frustrated with root process

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: