Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
Anyone jump on the Best Buy iphone deal?

BestBuy was offering a $100 trade in for any smartphone. It made the 5c free (plus tax) and the 5s $99. The trade in just had to work and have no water damage.

It ended 10/19 so I called around and found 1 bestbuy around with 5s in stock. I got the white/silver one about 30 min before closing. First time trying iOS coming from android for years and windows mobile prior.

They gave me a $100 gift card which was applied to the purchase. This was for a Palm Pixie I had in a drawer, for the last 3 years! It's a recycle only phone normally, with no trade in value. Can't beat that.

So aside from setting up my wife's iPhone 5 and messing with my kids iPod touch, this is new to me. Definitely going to take some getting used to. I keep trying to hit the non existent back button. Going to such a small screen from my Galaxy Note II is quite a change.

Anyways, I decided to give it a go at the price I got. I know I can always sell or trade it later if I want. All my friends and family are jokingly calling me a traitor, as I got most all of them on Android. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Bam-BamReloaded
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 107
A better way to get more of your money's worth from your old phone is selling it. I got $185 for my iPhone 4S and replaced it for the iPhone 5S. I am sure I could have earned more selling it on Amazon or Ebay.

Sent from my iPad using SU Forum
Bam-BamReloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #3

SU$: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam-BamReloaded View Post
A better way to get more of your money's worth from your old phone is selling it. I got $185 for my iPhone 4S and replaced it for the iPhone 5S. I am sure I could have earned more selling it on Amazon or Ebay.

A palm pixie wouldnt fetch $50 on ebay so $100 for such a device is a steal.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam-BamReloaded View Post

In many cases yes. I have sold phones on eBay and Swappa a few times now. However this device is practically worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettW View Post

A palm pixie wouldnt fetch $50 on ebay so $100 for such a device is a steal.
I think $50 is reaching. But hey, it served its purpose!
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
$50?!!!

I PITY DA FOOL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: