Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
gwmac
Tricorder user

Phone: Gold iPhone 5s
SU$: 32,382
Ordering the iPhone 5s Tips

This thread will be for those people trying to order the 5s so we can share some tricks and tips on getting it as quickly as possible. I still have not decided which color I will get but am leaning towards the 64GB Gold. I might see if the Verizon store down the road from me has any in stock I can see in person before I decide.

I have a feeling those people that don't order it the first day might end up waiting a while since this phone is going to sell out very fast.

P.S. to Mods. Are you going to add new forums for the 5c and 5s or just edit the name of this forum. Because it will get confusing pretty soon. In my opinion you really only need one forum and just call it iPhone. No need for separate ones for each model.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
gwmac
Tricorder user

2:04 AM and only 56 minutes left. I decided not to wait to see it in person and will order it at 3AM. The Sprint website says it is updating. Fingers crossed that their servers doesn't get pounded. This sure gives a real advantage to people on the west cost since it is not that late for them.

Some people are saying they have better luck using the Apple Store app than the browser on a computer. SInce I am on SERO I have no choice but to order from Sprint.com directly. I expect them to sell out within the 1st hour.

Last edited by gwmac; 09-20-2013 at 01:20 AM.
gwmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,296
Im going for the Apple site first and then Verizon second...I want a 64gb Verizon 5s

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #4
gwmac
Tricorder user

Great. I just got logged out of sprint.com I guess from inactivity and when I try and log in again it is stalling.

Update. Finally got back in and now after 3AM but still getting this message.

We're sorry
We are enhancing this section of our site and it is temporarily unavailable. We'll have the site back to you as soon as possible.

Shopping for a new phone? You can call us at 866-866-7509 (7 a.m. - 1 a.m. EST)

You can also visit a Sprint store to pay your bill, activate a phone or get personalized help.

Last edited by gwmac; 09-20-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
gwmac
Tricorder user

It is now 3:26 and still seeing the "down for maintenance" message. I am about ready to give up and go to sleep and try calling when I wake up. It seems Sprint was not prepared for online sales to start when they should have.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #6
gwmac
Tricorder user

Succes at last! On my very last try the site finally updated and I was able to order a gold one. I never saw an option to buy Applecare which was unusual compared to last time but I can call them about that tomorrow. It also gave me a message that I will need to change my plan. (I am on SERO) but at no time did it seem to offer any plan changes so I am not too worried about that. I am so happy I stayed up because I am betting that people that aren't among the first to order may end up waiting weeks and I am really anxious to try this bad boy out ASAP. Good luck to all the rest of you.

Update: Just got this email which I will paste below. It looks like I still might be waiting several weeks.

MPORTANT ORDER ALERT

The processing of your recent Sprint order is pending for one of two reasons:
All or a portion of your ordered items are on backorder.
The items you pre-ordered have not arrived in our warehouse.

Please note iPhone News:
Shipping iPhone 5s: Will ship in up to 3 weeks from the order date.
Shipping iPhone 5c: Will ship in 1 to 2 weeks from the order date.
Tracking your order: Please continue to monitor sprint.com/myorder for the latest information. You will receive an email with your tracking number once the phone has shipped. Because we are processing so many orders at once, your email with your tracking number may arrive later than usual.
Cancellations and returns: Because of extremely high volumes, we may not be able to cancel your order before it ships. Please check that your color and memory choices are correct. If you would like to return your phone for any reason, please do not open the packaging. Visit sprint.com/returns for instructions.
For the latest shipping information. You will receive an email with your tracking number once the phone has shipped.

You'll be notified by email when the item(s) below are available. We may send multiple emails providing important details. You can monitor the progress of your order any time by entering your order number at

Last edited by gwmac; 09-20-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
bdever
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 4S 16GB
SU$: 433
I am on SERO as well and got the same message you did when checking out and I noticed it said I would have to change my plan once I received the phone and activated it. I am very worried
bdever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #8
JTravers
Telegraph User

SU$: 73
Don't be worried. You won't have to change your plan.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JTravers For This Useful Post:
bdever (09-20-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,931
This is why I ordered directly from Apple's store last year. I didn't wait for Sprint's site to come back up. It couldn't handle it last year and it seems not this year either. Not surprised.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
njchris
Telegraph User

Phone: Iphone 6+ 64gb
SU$: 443
I'm on SERO too, ordered a Space Gray 32gb when the site came up sometime after 3am. I did not get the backordered email, but I think the gold ones are in very short supply.

And the plan change message is because their online site doesn't recognize SERO so it's a default message. Had this when I got the 4s and calling in to activate was not a problem.
njchris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to njchris For This Useful Post:
du2vye (03-21-2014)
Old 09-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #11
gwmac
Tricorder user

Was anyone able to buy Applecare with their iPhone? Either I didn't see it or it wasn't offered to me. I saw one page with a few accessories but las time I ordered there was a page at checkout for Applecare and this time I didn't see it.

Edit: Just called Sprint. She said no worries about keeping SERO. She also said the gold ones had sold out almost immediately. As far as Applecare she said that now happens during the activation process and you are offered Applecare or Sprint TEP at that time. She said this was the busiest day that Sprint has ever seen with orders far exceeding the 4S or 5 launches or any other phone.

Last edited by gwmac; 09-20-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
raven69david
Telephone User

Mood: onvacation
Phone: iPhone5s-Note 3
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 2,034
Instead of staying up late I woke up and headed to my local Best Buy. I was the first to get a Sprint iPhone 5s at that location. All they had was the black phones (space gray) but that was fine by my as I'm replacing my black with the same color. Synched and up & running.....read for iPhone 6.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #13
sinosoul
Telegraph User

SU$: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
I was the first to get a Sprint iPhone 5s at that location.
SERO, or?
sinosoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
bdever
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 4S 16GB
SU$: 433
So despite getting an email stating up to 3 weeks for delivery, when I checked my order status it says it will not ship for 4-6 weeks out. This is for the 16GB gold 5S on an order that went through at 1:22 AM PST... SIGH!
bdever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #15
GFACE2K
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 93
I bring good news

Using Sprint.com I put in an order for a silver iPhone 5s 16GB at might night (2:00 Central time zone). Actually my first attempt timed out so I immediately put in a second one.

Anyway the order was in by 2:27 and I shortly got the e-mail stating "iPhone 5s: Will ship in up to 3 weeks from the order date".

This morning I received an e-mail saying "Your order is on the way!" via UPS "Shipping method: Overnight: Next Day PM".
GFACE2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GFACE2K For This Useful Post:
bdever (09-21-2013)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 5 Series > Ordering the iPhone 5s Tips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: