Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 6S
SU$: 1,601
Anybody Still Rockin The ARRIVE? If so...

Why haven't you made a move yet?

I've been out of contract and ready for an device upgrade for awhile. We have a total of 5 lines, 4 of which were renewed in the past year, so we're somewhat tied to Sprint for some time.

I was already to get the Ativ S Neo, however I couldn't (and still can't) find one in any of the local outlets, corporate or otherwise. Lately I've been dropping calls and, well, Sprint's data is what it is in the Sacramento, CA area.

Lately I've been thinking about either going with the newest iDevice, until a WP device that's more future proof (at least dual band) than its current offerings comes along or waiting for the other lines to be ready to jump ship. My choice OS is WP, then IOS with reservations, and have no interest in Android. The family has all so I can appreciate the pros and cons of each.

Decisions, decisions....
Everything Data Share 1500; 6 lines; 19% Corp Disc; N&W @ 6p - $0, no longer that big with Unlimited Loyalty Bonus Minutes; Sprint Open World; Finally have LTE in my area, and for what its worth...in an announced "Carrier Agitation" market. However, still struggling thru the optimization process. Oh yeah, and that premium data thing.

Samsung A920 -> Palm Centro -> HTC TP2 -> HTC Arrive -> iPhone 5S -> iPhone 6S
fishhead_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
JPSmith
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Arrive
SU$: 6,644
I'm in much the same boat. 4 lines on EPRP and my line has been out of contract a long time. I really like Windows Phone, have been happy with the Arrive but am getting restless as LTE is coming to my area soon. I've toyed with the idea of switching carriers but my other lines are still under contract so it would be costly. I am not a fan of the iPhone.

It is very disappointing that after the ridiculous wait we endured for WP8 devices, Sprint delivered devices that are 1900 LTE only when the network is on the brink of triband LTE. I'd have an Ativ S Neo right now if it were dual or triband. Now I'm inclined to wait to get some sense of the timeframe for a more future-proof Windows Phone on Sprint, or perhaps look for a good off-contract deal on an Ativ as an interim measure. I just don't feel like committing to another contract with Sprint when their support of Windows Phone remains so tenuous.

Last edited by JPSmith; 09-30-2013 at 08:16 PM.
JPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Anybody Still Rockin The ARRIVE? If so...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: