Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
gwmac
Tricorder user

Phone: Gold iPhone 5s
SU$: 32,382
How to reset or revive TP2

I decided to list some stuff on Ebay today and decided to sell my old Touch Pro 2. I haven't touched in in well over a year, maybe even 2 years so I plugged in in a charger because I wanted to do a clean wipe to erase all my personal info.

I can't find the original charger so just using my PS3 controller cable with my iPad charger which should in theory work. It is showing the orange charging light but it just gets to the "Touch Pro 2" screen then stops. I tried using my PS3 as well which used to work fine to charge it when I used it regularly. It is going through this cycle but will not load the OS. It has been a very long while since I used this phone so I don't remember very much about it. Could tis just be happening because the battery is completely dead after nearly 2 years of no use?

Any key combinations I can try? My guess is the battery is just so dead it won't even hold any charge at all since when I have left it charging several hours and when I disconnect it nothing happens at all. I don't want to buy a new battery just so I can sell it but might need to just to be able to wipe it first.

Last edited by gwmac; 07-10-2013 at 12:56 AM.
gwmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
unsmiley
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2
SU$: 452
To do a hard reset on TP2: With the device turned off, press and hold the talk and end keys first, and then press and hold the power button until you see a long message on the screen: ("This operation will..."). Release the talk key, end key, and power button. Press the volume up button to restore factory default status OR press any other front panel key to cancel the hard reset and power on the device. Remember if you do hard reset you lose all data, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: