Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
The Motorola X Disappoints ....

The Motorola X has been hyped as a powerful Google "hero" phone, a flagship device entirely created for Google that would act as the new Nexus 5, especially in light of LG turning down interest. We even wrote about the powerful specs and sensors that could make it a revolutionary device in terms of its ability to keep track of users and their activities.

Now it seems that people that were anticipating a high-end flagship phone will be left sorely disappointed, because the Moto X is no Nexus 5. It's a mid-range at best. Particularly sim since when it releases in October or November, the specs will already be dated. It was thought that the late release date would mean that the Moto X would be the first Android device to be running 5.0 Key Lime Pie but the leak reveals it will merely run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...y-lime-pie.htm

PocketNow :
New Male Barbie where you can dress it up and stuff ??

Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
thekarens
Bird Watcher

Mood: Brooding
Phone: N5
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 17,941
I like what I've read about the Moto X. It's the first phone I've been excited about in a long time. S4 and HTC One didn't even vaguely make me consider upgrading.

And neither Google nor Moto has ever said the Moto X was going to be the new Nexus. It's only been the public that assumed that.
thekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Euphorian
Account Inactive

It doesn't look like it's going to live up to the hype..
It's not even going to get Key Lime Pie.
That would make it a horrible flagship phone when the newest version of Android won't be on it.

You can pick and choose the color of it but not the hardware ?
That's very lame!
http://bgr.com/2013/07/03/motorola-m...customization/

Last edited by Euphorian; 07-04-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
JonathanFIUWx
one of the few remaining original SU members

Mood: Asleep
Trades: 1
My Mood: Asleep
SU$: 6,137
lol i upgraded to the s4 3 days ago because of the sad hardware choices

Any comments written by me, are a personal discussion based on my own views, and not that of my employer or anyone outside of this user
PROUD PREMIUM DATA CUSTOMER:
http://www.androidcentral.com/man-wh...s-worth-forums
JonathanFIUWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanFIUWx View Post
The S4 is an awesome device!
I'm sill holding out for the Note3
Old 07-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
JonathanFIUWx

I thought of the same thing... but 5.8 inches is too big as a phone... I already own a 2007 tablet pc to write on

Besides... I was hesitant even for the s4 with the 5 inch screen

Any comments written by me, are a personal discussion based on my own views, and not that of my employer or anyone outside of this user
Old 07-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
I thought of the same thing... but 5.8 inches is too big as a phone... I already own a 2007 tablet pc to write on

Besides... I was hesitant even for the s4 with the 5 inch screen
Why?
The Note3 won't be to much bigger.
The bezel will be smaller leaving the screen bigger..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using SprintUsers Forum
Old 07-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #8
JonathanFIUWx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post
Why?
The Note3 won't be to much bigger.
The bezel will be smaller leaving the screen bigger..

too much bigger? its like talking with a kindle fire

Anything that is around 6 inches or more doesn't belong sitting near your face, let alone talking to it!!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:

too much bigger? its like talking with a kindle fire

Anything that is around 6 inches or more doesn't belong sitting near your face, let alone talking to it!!

I've already turned my Nexus7 into a phone so the size doesn't bother me.

I bet the Note3 will only be a hair bigger than the Note2
Just like the Galaxy 3and4

Old 07-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Makkari
Awake in a Dream

SU$: 563
Quote:
You can pick and choose the color of it but not the hardware?
That's very lame!
I sure how there's more, because this would be so anti-climatic. Google could really change the phone business if they allowed customers to customize the phone, down to the hardware. Picking colors and engraving is pure fail.
Makkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #11
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterSelf View Post
I sure how there's more, because this would be so anti-climatic. Google could really change the phone business if they allowed customers to customize the phone, down to the hardware. Picking colors and engraving is pure fail.
I totally agree ..
All the hype is setting people up for fail.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
Makkari
Awake in a Dream

SU$: 563
Quote:
I totally agree ..
All the hype is setting people up for fail.

We now have to wait until the 11th to see just how far the mighty has fallen...or see them rise like a phoenix.
Makkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #13
thekarens
Bird Watcher

Mood: Brooding
Phone: N5
My Mood: Brooding
SU$: 17,941
To me the color options are not a big deal, but nice. I'm more interested in this:

"Motorola has also previously said the Moto X will make use of sensors, so the handset "knows" the context in which it's being used - such as if it's being taken out of a pocket, or the user is driving, for example."

Phones are at the stage now that they have plenty of power/storage for what I need. I think bigger, badder, more is always great, but it's no longer the deciding factor to me. It has to have something else....if someone would start working on battery life that would certainly sell me.

As far as the Note goes, it's too freaking big for me. Great phone and would probably work well for my partner who doesn't see well, but I think my S3 is too big. 4.3 with the original Evo was the sweet spot for me. When I want/need bigger I'll pull out my Nexus 7 (speaking of which, I'll immediately be jumping on that band wagon if the screen resolution is improved from the original.)
thekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #14
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Quote:
You still have 10 days to return it and wait or get the One instead. Don't dillydally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterSelf View Post
Did you seriously expect customizable specs? That's so impractical it's not even funny. Phones are not like computers. You can't just hit a tab to pop out the current RAM stick and push the new one in. The majority of a phone's hardware components are on one chip, and you'd have to replace the entire chip just to make some adjustments to one feature. Making that customizable would be very costly and downright stupid. Not only would the hardware be fragmented, but the software would be as well. Android doesn't have generic drivers for every hardware option like Windows does. Each hardware configuration needs a specific build of a ROM compiled for it. That presents a problem before the phone leaves the factory, and it also presents a problem for future updates. Manufacturers can't even get updates out at a reasonable pace with one hardware configuration, and people actually want them to do it with multiple configurations?

The X was never touted as a high-end phone. Before Dennis Woodside confirmed the existence at AllThingsD, everything about the X was completely made up by bloggers and internet commenters. You have only them to blame for getting your hopes up about some high-end device. The X is Motorola's continuance of their focus on good, affordable hardware for the masses. The X should be available on every carrier, as well as sold unlocked for a very reasonable price. It will run Android efficiently without being unnecessarily overpowered. This means the battery life should be excellent, as usual for Motorola. Because it will mostly be AOSP with only a few Motorola extras (like SmartActions), updates will be fast, too. Too lazy to find and quote whoever said this wouldn't get KLP, but that's absurd. Partly because KLP doesn't even exist yet, and partly because there's simply no proof at all that it won't get updates. The Droid RAZR went from Gingerbread to Jelly Bean, and last year's DROID models are slated to get at least 4.2. The history indicates that the X should receive at least the build after 4.3, if not one more after that. Whether the one after 4.3 will be called KLP, I don't know. Nobody does.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
I like what I've read about the Moto X. It's the first phone I've been excited about in a long time. S4 and HTC One didn't even vaguely make me consider upgrading.

And neither Google nor Moto has ever said the Moto X was going to be the new Nexus. It's only been the public that assumed that.
Agreed. The One had me debating an upgrade, but it's just too big. The S4 wasn't interesting in any way at all. I thought about the One Mini, but I'm pretty disappointed with the tiny change in overall size with the large change in screen size. The X sounds perfect so far, but I'll reserve my final judgments until it comes out. I hope they announce it soon. I was going to pick up a RAZR M because I thought the X wasn't going to be out until sometime late this fall, but if the X is coming soon, I may as well just wait for that. I don't know how long I can stand to be miserable with this S3, though.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > The Motorola X Disappoints ....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: