Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 6S
SU$: 1,601
Windows 8 Phones Possibilities??

According to and article on the Verge the two W8 Phones coming are the Ativ-S and Tiara. Personally even though it's just a code name I'd have trouble parting with $$ to sport a Tiara.

The Ativ has nice specs, however I just can help but think that Sprints just trying to put something/anything out there with little regard to furthering it's own success nor the success of Windows 8 phones.

Personally, I'm going to hold out to see if the Surface Phone comes to life. In any case I'll be sticking with the W8 platform, just maybe not with Sprint and it's truly unlimited data.
Everything Data Share 1500; 6 lines; 19% Corp Disc; N&W @ 6p - $0, no longer that big with Unlimited Loyalty Bonus Minutes; Sprint Open World; Finally have LTE in my area, and for what its worth...in an announced "Carrier Agitation" market. However, still struggling thru the optimization process. Oh yeah, and that premium data thing.

Samsung A920 -> Palm Centro -> HTC TP2 -> HTC Arrive -> iPhone 5S -> iPhone 6S

Last edited by fishhead_soup; 03-26-2013 at 03:06 PM.
fishhead_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
slim150
Telephone User

Mood: Bashful
My Mood: Bashful
SU$: 959
I am in the same boat. It looks like my choices are

1. Tiara on my SERO plan
2. HTC one (looks cool sans android and battery life) on SERO
3. Jump to tmobile for a win8 device
slim150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
FAMIR
Telephone User

SU$: 1,216
looking at the Tiara's spec, I won't buy it unless it won't cost me another $10 each month and free out the door. It has 8GB flash and has a 800x480 screen. The one though, looks really nice except with no uSD card slot.
FAMIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Slipcord
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,492
Yeah it would have been nice if Sprint would at least gotten the 8x from HTC or something really good. But it's obvious that the Ativ S is the best choice better screen more memory just a overall better device. It's basically the same hardware as a Galaxy S3 but running WP8 so it will be a great device. But the Best Thing Sprint can do is at some point get Nokia Devices on their network Nokia to still today has the best hardware out there I think. If Sprint was to get Nokia it would really help them but either way the Samsung Ativ S is a nice device as well. Overall I'm just glad Sprint finally getting some WP8 devices.
Slipcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
aztony
Telegraph User

SU$: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead_soup View Post
According to and article on the Verge the two W8 Phones coming are the Ativ-S and Tiara. Personally even though it's just a code name I'd have trouble parting with $$ to sport a Tiara.

The Ativ has nice specs, however I just can help but think that Sprints just trying to put something/anything out there with little regard to furthering it's own success nor the success of Windows 8 phones.

Personally, I'm going to hold out to see if the Surface Phone comes to life. In any case I'll be sticking with the W8 platform, just maybe not with Sprint and it's truly unlimited data.
I think you would probably look good sporting a tiara. Sorry, couldn't resist.
aztony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
aztony
Telegraph User

SU$: 206
I'm kind of surprised they're not offering any of the new Nokia phones. I guess Nokia is having trouble supporting CDMA.

Last edited by aztony; 04-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.
aztony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
mmack66
Telegraph User

SU$: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztony View Post
I'm kind of surprised they're not offering any of the new Nokia phones. I guess Nokia is having trouble supporting CDMA.
Well, they have Lumia 928 coming out on Verizon. I think it is more of a case that they don't care to deal with Sprint.
mmack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 6S
SU$: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztony View Post
I think you would probably look good sporting a tiara. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Neither platinum, gold nor titanium tiara couldn't help me!
Everything Data Share 1500; 6 lines; 19% Corp Disc; N&W @ 6p - $0, no longer that big with Unlimited Loyalty Bonus Minutes; Sprint Open World; Finally have LTE in my area, and for what its worth...in an announced "Carrier Agitation" market. However, still struggling thru the optimization process. Oh yeah, and that premium data thing.

Samsung A920 -> Palm Centro -> HTC TP2 -> HTC Arrive -> iPhone 5S -> iPhone 6S
fishhead_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows 8 Phones Possibilities??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: