Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
mtm12
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 12
Boost Mobile Service Down?

So I live in Tallahassee and leave on the campus of Florida State University, and for the past 4 days my phone has absolutely no service, at all I know boost runs off of sprint's towers and I was wondering if there is a problem with the network here or if anyone is experiencing the same thing. Someone wanna give some advice on what to do? I really need my phone service back
mtm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,577
I'm just spitballing here, but Hurricane Sandy hosed the northeast royally. Lines/towers down, no power, etc. I would assume the remaining network resources were overwhelmed by Sprint users and they bumped Boost customers off the network. Sprint gives network priority to regular Sprint customers so pre-paid customers get bumped. I'd think it was a backhaul problem. Florida towers won't help us northeastern customers but if they re-route us to other areas on the backend that might explain it. If it doesn't get sorted out soon-ish it may be time to call Sprint and see if they borked your account somehow.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
MophoManners
Still Slingin Microwaves

Mood: Lurking
Phone: HTC EVO
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 6,839
I'd be willing to bet your tower was taken down as part of the nextel culling.. they are removing tons of sites to make way for NV and push everyone to the pcs direct connect system

Tags
boost mobile, service

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: