Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Sam Sung
Telegraph User

Phone: Galaxy SII
SU$: 554
Youtube will not work when Airave is connected

We got our Airave 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it so far. We live between a corn field and a soy bean field and we now have full bars with no dropped calls.

However, for the last couple of weeks Youtube will not work on any devices in our home (iPad, iPod, laptop, phone, workstation). We keep getting 'General error' when we try to play a video. Since this seems to have started when I hooked up the Airave I decided to bypass it today and Youtube will now work again.

So, I plugged the Airave back in between the modem and router, reset the power on everything and now Youtube keeps timing out again.

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks.
Sam Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
CaptainSERO
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 5 (16GB)
SU$: 2,505
From what I gather from your post, it appears that you have your modem connected to your Airave and then your Airave to your router.

Perhaps try plugging the modem into the router directly and then plugging the Airave into one of the LAN ports on the router. Whenever you decide to try this, unplug power from the modem, router, and Airave before you swap the connections and then plug the power back in.

Best of luck!

iPhone 5 (16GB)
CaptainSERO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainSERO For This Useful Post:
Sam Sung (10-02-2012), YPG (10-09-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Sam Sung
Telegraph User

Phone: Galaxy SII
SU$: 554
Hey, thanks Hoss. I did do that and it seems to have resolved my issue.
Sam Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
YPG
You down with YPG?

Mood: onvacation
Phone: M1 for life!
Trades: 13
SU$: 38,707
I called Sprint about this issue after I read this thread and they said the connection should be modem, router, Airave. Now My YouTube is working so thanks a bunch!
YPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > Youtube will not work when Airave is connected

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: