Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
JonathanFIUWx
one of the few remaining original SU members

Mood: Asleep
Trades: 1
My Mood: Asleep
SU$: 6,137
Evo LTE vs Galaxy S3

so i purchased both phones, and only kept one. heres what happened

so i purchased the Evo LTE, and i liked it at first but i didnt like the menu button being on the screen instead of the physical button to touch. The UI was good but it seemed to at times, have some lag to it, and would be stuck on "loading" for a few seconds. the battery life was so so... which i dealt with. the screen was beautiful, and the camera was good, however... i found out i had a defective model because of 2 issues.

1) the screen was flickering at times
2) the battery life was terrible for one day, im not sure why... but i got 3 hours of battery life STANDBY.

so i had enough and called sprint. i initially told them to send me a another evo, however i decided to change my mind, and try a galaxy, so i had both phones sent over.

i remember for 5 years working for sprint, i would never buy another samsung or sell one because i thought the signal was terrible, and after reading the reviews i thought i was confirmed... however... was actually wrong.

comparison:

1. Calls:
first thing i did when i got both phones was make a call, in terms of signal strength, they are exactly the same signal strength in dB from the DEBUG menu, however... in terms of call quality... even in the lowest of low signal the i heard clear calls from both, but callers thought differently. they heard it louder and clearer in the samsung
WINNER: SAMSUNG

2. Screen:
the quality of the screen was also an important factor. I INCLUDED ATTACHMENT PHOTOS OF BOTH SCREENS. however to summarize, i found the galaxy s3 to be a better screen. it seemed to have more detail. BTW the camera i had sucked, but its supposed to be an underwater camcorder first before a camera

3.Data speed
the data speed i couldnt tell you exactly how speeds were in cellular speeds, but i did a test on WIFI, and it was a major difference. i got 30MBps on the samsung, vs 10MBps on the HTC. while i may agree or disagree to the test, im gunna say its inconclusive because of cellular speed test
WINNER: INCONCLUSIVE

4. Battery life
this was important for me, i tried the HTC and wanted this to win but with the internal battery and an incident where it was 4 hours standby i couldnt deal with it, so i looked around online for a battery case and there was none, but there were alot for the samsung, and there were extended life batteries for the samsung as well (which i purchased a 4200mAh battery). i would say if HTC had an external battery pack i would have given this an inconclusive but im gunna have to say...

5. Camera
this is important, but i dont have photos to show exactly what i found... but it seemed to be slightly better on the HTC, not to say samsung has a bad camera cause it doesnt. the UI on the HTC camera is what i liked most about the HTC and the camera button
WINNER: HTC

OVERALL:
im gunna have to give it to samsung on this one.

this is a quick write up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0006.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	44265   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0007.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	44266   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0008.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	44267   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0009.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	44268  

Any comments written by me, are a personal discussion based on my own views, and not that of my employer or anyone outside of this user
PROUD PREMIUM DATA CUSTOMER:
http://www.androidcentral.com/man-wh...s-worth-forums
JonathanFIUWx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JonathanFIUWx For This Useful Post:
Bront (10-17-2012), celamantia (12-02-2012), freejack (11-27-2012), qwalls (10-13-2012), thomasr150 (10-02-2012)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Phone Reviews > Evo LTE vs Galaxy S3