Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
schrady
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 49
Angry Airave and Iphone 5 incompatibility

A known issue means it DOES NOT WORK. This is a known issue

Imessage will not activate while on an airave. Turn your airave off and reset network settings. Then try turning imessage on and off a few times. It WILL activate.

If you choose to use your airave, you will ONLY receive messsges from other Iphones, no matter what carrier.
All other texts from all other phones that are not an "IMESSAGE" will be blocked.

Dont wipe your device etc.... It does no good.

Also, this is an APPLE fix, not a Sprint or airave issue. Apple has been contacted and will have a patch out soon. You can update to apple current settings without resetting any of your phones setting by calling "##UPDATE#" and push call. Then click ok to start service update.

PS. Yes, you spell update on your keypad, so it is actually ##873283# then hit call, then hit ok.

This will not fix it today, but it may in the days and weeks ahead.

The only true fix now is unplug the airave.

Schrady
schrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
24kttop
Telegraph User

Phone: Evo 4G
SU$: 1,220
Are you sure? I have an airave and i have a new iphone and my wife does not and i am able to txt her and she can txt. I am sitting right next to my airave right now and it is working for me.
24kttop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
its_me48
Telephone User

Phone: Iphone 5
SU$: 1,690
I have Airave and use iPhone 5. Texts work just fine for me. I have got many texts from non-iphone users and work (IT - Job abort texts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrady View Post

Imessage will not activate while on an airave. Turn your airave off and reset network settings. Then try turning imessage on and off a few times. It WILL activate.

If you choose to use your airave, you will ONLY receive messsges from other Iphones, no matter what carrier.
All other texts from all other phones that are not an "IMESSAGE" will be blocked.

Also, this is an APPLE fix, not a Sprint or airave issue. Apple has been contacted and will have a patch out soon. You can update to apple current settings without resetting any of your phones setting by calling "##UPDATE#" and push call. Then click ok to start service update.

PS. Yes, you spell update on your keypad, so it is actually ##873283# then hit call, then hit ok.

Schrady
its_me48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
schrady
Two Cans & String User

Sprint Airave dept said its a known issue and they are getting a lot of calls about it. I'm on the phone checking on the patch push right now.
It may be from non-iphone users , non sprint carriers, or just non-iphone phones from any carrier but sprint. I was testing it with a US Cellular acct.
It worked on my wifes Iphone 4S and it worked when I had my 4S active.
It did not work on my iphone 5. Imessgae will not even activate when I'm connected to my airave.
I did do a restore from icloud from my 4S backup. But I upgraded my 4S to IOS 6 first and it should work perfectly. Everything else works perfectly.

Sprint just told me 2-3 weeks for a patch to be ready.
When I truned the airave off, I got all the texts at once.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
pest1950
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 12
Our Airave and iPhone 5 do not work together for texting. If the phone is not turned off and back on after being in the Airave coverage it will not recieve texts outside of Airave coverage. So far I have spent almost four hours on the phone with support. My wife is unhappy, I am frustrated. Our options seem to be leave the Airave off and have all our phones not work good enough to really use at home, give up texting (not going to happen, she needs it for work) or return the iPhone.
pest1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
schrady
Two Cans & String User

Airave off too.....

I too have to leave my airave off until further notice. Once again, iot is a KKNOWN ISSUE with airave affecting 10's of thousands of customers

We will get a patch pushed sometime in October I bet.

The thing is, you have to have the airave on to get the patch. I can't have mine on as it essentially deactivates texting.

Catch 22.

I think Sprint owes all us airave users a BIG fat credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pest1950 View Post
Our Airave and iPhone 5 do not work together for texting. If the phone is not turned off and back on after being in the Airave coverage it will not recieve texts outside of Airave coverage. So far I have spent almost four hours on the phone with support. My wife is unhappy, I am frustrated. Our options seem to be leave the Airave off and have all our phones not work good enough to really use at home, give up texting (not going to happen, she needs it for work) or return the iPhone.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
paulrotc
Telephone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Apple iPhone 5S
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrady
I too have to leave my airave off until further notice. Once again, iot is a KKNOWN ISSUE with airave affecting 10's of thousands of customers

We will get a patch pushed sometime in October I bet.

The thing is, you have to have the airave on to get the patch. I can't have mine on as it essentially deactivates texting.

Catch 22.

I think Sprint owes all us airave users a BIG fat credit.
Their have been "known issues" with the airave device for a long time. Good luck getting a credit lol.
paulrotc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
schrady
Two Cans & String User

Issues

Agreed. There have been issues, but this is big. Their #1 phone can't get or send texts to non iPhones. They will fix this promptly since the airwave is a customer save tool. Too many users may leave if they don't fix it and churn is bad formsprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrotc View Post
Their have been "known issues" with the airave device for a long time. Good luck getting a credit lol.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Miami4G
Cordless Phone User

SU$: 7,880
I sent my Airave back because it is not compatible, they placed a $70 credit on my account. As compensation I said I'll just deal with it. (iN reality there is no reception problem area just one time a few towers were down they agreed to send me the Airave)

Now after all the my iPhone 5 cost me $60 bucks out of pocket.
Sold my old HTC Arrive for $70
Now $70 credit to account. For sending Airave back.
Miami4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #10
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami4G
I sent my Airave back because it is not compatible, they placed a $70 credit on my account. As compensation I said I'll just deal with it. (iN reality there is no reception problem area just one time a few towers were down they agreed to send me the Airave)

Now after all the my iPhone 5 cost me $60 bucks out of pocket.
Sold my old HTC Arrive for $70
Now $70 credit to account. For sending Airave back.
Awesome deal

Before I left Sprint I had 4 iPhone 4s on my account and an airave. I had to unplug mine all the time because I would get multiple text messages upto 20 times per message. It was annoying.

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!

Last edited by MsRandall; 09-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.
MsRandall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
DtownSprintel
Owning Noobs

Mood: Grumpy
Phone: HTC EVO 3D
Trades: 20
My Mood: Grumpy
SU$: 18,606
I get texts but I do not get incoming calls. Thats the only issue on my 5, to resolve the issue I have to unactivated my 5, activate a crap phone then reactivate my 5.

Tonight I will unplug my airave and maybe get Sprint to send it back until I really really really need it. My service sucks at my house but I would rather get dropped calls versus no calls at all.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
maveric
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone
SU$: 268
Question

I'm having a difficult time understanding the original post. Can someone please explain the issue more clearly? Thanks.
maveric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #13
wyattwalter
Telegraph User

SU$: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrady

Schrady
This isn't happening to me. My airave service is stellar with my iPhone 5.
wyattwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #14
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtownSprintel View Post
I get texts but I do not get incoming calls. Thats the only issue on my 5, to resolve the issue I have to unactivated my 5, activate a crap phone then reactivate my 5.

Tonight I will unplug my airave and maybe get Sprint to send it back until I really really really need it. My service sucks at my house but I would rather get dropped calls versus no calls at all.
Just unplug it and you will get the dropped calls signal again. Than you dony have tk send ot out or anything and can keep it until you here of patch to fix i it than pkug it in
AL_CAPONE_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
schrady
Two Cans & String User

Send it back

Then put your iphone in its box and send it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric View Post
I'm having a difficult time understanding the original post. Can someone please explain the issue more clearly? Thanks.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 5 Series > Airave and Iphone 5 incompatibility

Tags
airave, imessage, iphone 5

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: