Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #46
mr2cool80
Telegraph User

SU$: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameaddict8
Returns the phone to launch day speeds. You have to reset Google & Yahoo contacts too. Clear out everything and redo everything but Facebook. It keeps syncing facebook contact images.

Sent from my EVO LTE using SprintUsers Forum
I have to say that this worked pretty well for me. Haven't had much of a messaging issue since. Will there be another OTA looming in the future?
mr2cool80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr2cool80 For This Useful Post:
rhg84 (11-08-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #47
kaladar
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: HTC EVO LTE
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious

It's probably a good idea to copy any ringtones and notification sounds you frequently use and assign to your contacts to your internal phone memory. It's not a lot of kilobytes to do this, if it's only a few dozen contacts. Plus, if space is an issue you can always decrease the bit rate on the files... the sound fidelity above 128kbps is mostly lost on those small phone speakers. At least this way any ringtone assignment losses due to SD card issues would be eliminated.

Generally, I try not to use more than about 6 different ringtones for "frequent use" contacts, and perhaps about another 5 or so for people I seldom talk to. Beyond that, it's a general ringtone. I don't think I could keep track of much more than that anyway. Still, it's nice to know exactly who is calling when the phone rings, without even having to look at it. The only thing that sucks is when people call you with caller ID blocked... of which I know about 4 people.
I noticed that if I unmount or remove my physical SD card, ZERO ring tones appear anywhere I can choose a sound
Old 11-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #48
xevious
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 7,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaladar View Post
I noticed that if I unmount or remove my physical SD card, ZERO ring tones appear anywhere I can choose a sound
Well of course, if you were using ringtones from the SD card and you've removed it, they won't show any longer. It's not a good idea to do this, as you'll probably lose the ringtone references and have to select them again when you've mounted the SD card again.
xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #49
kaladar
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC EVO LTE
SU$: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious

Well of course, if you were using ringtones from the SD card and you've removed it, they won't show any longer. It's not a good idea to do this, as you'll probably lose the ringtone references and have to select them again when you've mounted the SD card again.
I don't see why even DEFAULT sounds would also vanish, since they are part of Sense/HTC. I even copied the desired tones to the internal storage and they ALL disappear once my physical SD card is unmounted.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #50
Beer Abuser
Buck extra the worth always is beer good

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: HTC PC36100
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 64,496
That update request has been on my notification bar for two days now, time to root on the horizon....

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Beer Abuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #51
xevious
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC Evo 3D
SU$: 7,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaladar View Post
I don't see why even DEFAULT sounds would also vanish, since they are part of Sense/HTC. I even copied the desired tones to the internal storage and they ALL disappear once my physical SD card is unmounted.
Well that's just very weird. Maybe your system was compromised somehow. One file can do it. I know this from experience.

Recently I had to restore my system files and opted to leave everything else in place, including user data. Well it worked A-OK (my system was previously compromised by replacing one edited file that didn't work out) as my phone booted up and ran fine, but I came to discover my contacts were all gone. I synchronized them again from Google, but apparently the ringtone reference is not retained. I had to specify all of them all over again.

I edited my ROM and my system installation, including all of the ringtones I commonly use and getting rid of ones I'll never use. I tested this by removing the SD card and while viewing contacts I could still see the proper ringtone being referenced.
xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xevious For This Useful Post:
Sonin66 (11-30-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #52
mr2cool80
Telegraph User

I am SOOOOOO SICK of my phone constantly syncing thus slowing up the htc process that works in the background! Furthermore there are things that I need synced regualrly however smh! But its always trying to sync everything else
Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #53
Rose4uKY
Digital PCS User

Phone: EVO 4G
SU$: 26,955
Sometimes my pictures don't upload to FB and there stuck at so many percent. This happened before the update too and I always went to HTC sense and sent them that way but now HTC FB for sense isn't in my list anymore. Also to clear out my pending upload that never finished I used to be able to go to HTC task manager x it out and then it would be gone from notifications but when I go to HTC task manager FB is never in the list anymore.

Rose
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #54
mr2cool80
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
Sometimes my pictures don't upload to FB and there stuck at so many percent. This happened before the update too and I always went to HTC sense and sent them that way but now HTC FB for sense isn't in my list anymore. Also to clear out my pending upload that never finished I used to be able to go to HTC task manager x it out and then it would be gone from notifications but when I go to HTC task manager FB is never in the list anymore.
Yea I've managed to remove FB and twitter from syncing but it still syncs at random moments throughout the day! I guess I can set up a sync schedule but that hasn't worked much for me before either!
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > Sprint EVO 4G LTE update brings fixes - and Sense 4.1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: