Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
DanCBRMan
Telegraph User

Phone: Instinct
SU$: 531
SD Card Blank or Unsupported File System Error

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere, but if so I could not find it.

I am on CM7 and have been so many problems with my 4G, with the latest being that my phone will not recognize my sd card.I get the above error and I can't reformat the sd card. Luckily I was able to get my pictures off of it, but this is really ticking me off and gearing me up to go with an iPhone.

Camera does not work because it does not recognize the sd card. GPS is now terrible along with phone reception. What a mistake rooting this thing. I can't even get back to stock because I can't get into recovery.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the sd card issue?
DanCBRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Beer Abuser
Buck extra the worth always is beer good

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: HTC PC36100
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 64,496
Do you have another sd card to try out?

What error do you get when you try to access recovery?

_(`._( My Ice Cream Is Better Than Yours )_.)_

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Beer Abuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
DanCBRMan
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Abuser View Post
Do you have another sd card to try out?

What error do you get when you try to access recovery?

I do, but at home. Haven't even tried it because my research found that others that had the same problem switched it out and the problem continued. May be a hardware issue.

First I get to the HBOOT menu, then choose Recovery. But then it brings me back to the Fastboot menu that includes Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Boatloader, and Power Down. Can't get back to where I was able to pick the files to flash. The only thing I haven't tried is choosing Clear Storage, only because it says that it will delete all user data. Now if that applies to the SD card, I would be ok with it because I got the important stuff off. But I think it pertains to the internal memory. In all my research, I just can't find where anyone has solved this except for turning in the phone and getting a new one because it may be under warranty. But since I am no longer on the stock rom (& can't seem to get it back), I may be SOL.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Beer Abuser

Have you tried selecting bootloader?

You might need to reflashing the same recovery you have, check this out...

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-...very-menu.html

If you get it working, try another sd card / make a nandback up / format sd card via pc, but save Rom backups $.02.

You could also try rebooting without the sd card; a file in there could be causing the issue.

Clear data will reset phone - I would this as the last resort.

Let me know what the outcome is.

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
DanCBRMan
Telegraph User

OK, I am embarrassed but happy. I kept looping in recovery. Nothing was working.

So though I read that switching out the SD cards didn't work for other people, I figured that I've tried everything else so WTH...and it worked! So it was a true SD card issue, even though the piece of junk is only like 2 months old.

It's a PNY that I bought at Walmart & you can bet that I won't be buying that brand again. But BeerAbuser, I appreciate your time & replies very much. To salute you, I am abusing beer (actually stout) as we speak - thank you!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #6
Beer Abuser

Good to hear - no prob - cheers .

Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > SD Card Blank or Unsupported File System Error

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: