Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
MenmyGN4
Formerly known as menmygn3

Mood: Fine
Phone: I Don't KNOW!
Trades: 14
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 11,075
No Offers for Cancelling a line.

FIRST OFF:

I am not trying to get something for nothing. I am not asking for anything. I was just surprised that I got NO Offers to keep the line I was cancelling.

By NO offers, I mean an incentive to keep the line active and save me some money.

I did get the offer to convert the line to a Data Modem Device at FULL PRICE. (After I pay for the device!).

ANYWAY!

I called to cancel one line on my account as we don't use it and it is not in contract.

When asked why I am cancelling, I explained we don't use it and that Cellphone use is SO EXPENSIVE these days.

I also expressed the issue with them making the Family plan ($129.99) a single line and charging for line 2 these days.

The rep simply said "Yes, we are doing that."

He asked me when do I want it to cancel, I told him at the end of my cycle.

So now I will save the $19.99 per month plus tax just to cover the loss of about $3 for my discount that will be going away AND adding the tax the 2nd line will now be billed for!
MenmyGN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Yup. Sprint is not making many offers to keep service these days. You just have to compare against what the competition is charging.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
MenmyGN4

Cheap b@stards & Lousy Service, GOD I LOVE SPRINT!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Duffman
Eh.

Hahaha. So go with someone else. Your contract is up, right? No one should stay with a service that does not meet their needs.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
MenmyGN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Hahaha. So go with someone else. Your contract is up, right? No one should stay with a service that does not meet their needs.

LOL! I actually do love Sprint. Been with them for a total of 12 years.

I just hate the service has been ALOT less than good lately.

I did read on the SPCS website that the new GOOGLE Nexus will be using the new LTE service in our area come summer.

If that is correct. I am all over it!

Might just have to start up a new line of service if this pans out and COMES TRUE!
Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Duffman
Eh.

I hate how badly the network was neglected to stop the loss of customers. NV cannot happen fast enough.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
bigsnake49
Telephone User

SU$: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
I hate how badly the network was neglected to stop the loss of customers. NV cannot happen fast enough.
Sprint has a dilemma. Does it pour a lot of money into fixing its old CDMA network and have it go to waste since they will replace it by NV or spend that money accelerating NV and maybe lose a few customers because they did not spend enough on their old network. Hopefully once NV starts replacing some of the old basestations, the old cards will be used elsewhere in the country to beef up the old network. They just need to get a critical mass of new NV basestations.
bigsnake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Dysdiadochodokanestic
Stenotrophomonas maltophilia

Mood: Stressed
Phone: Photon & BB
My Mood: Stressed
SU$: 2,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
Sprint has a dilemma. Does it pour a lot of money into fixing its old CDMA network and have it go to waste since they will replace it by NV or spend that money accelerating NV and maybe lose a few customers because they did not spend enough on their old network. Hopefully once NV starts replacing some of the old basestations, the old cards will be used elsewhere in the country to beef up the old network. They just need to get a critical mass of new NV basestations.
I thought NV is still CDMA. They are improving old CDMA with upgrades, newer towers, etc and the term is Network Vision. Saying that Old CDMA vs NV gives an impression as if they are going GSM
Dysdiadochodokanestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 6
SU$: 21,615
If a line is only generating Sprint $20/month, why would they care about keeping that line active? That's probably *just barely* break even for Sprint. If they were to offer an incentive it would probably push that account into the red for them.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
bigsnake49
Telephone User

SU$: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysdiadochodokanestic View Post
I thought NV is still CDMA. They are improving old CDMA with upgrades, newer towers, etc and the term is Network Vision. Saying that Old CDMA vs NV gives an impression as if they are going GSM
The hardware architecture of Network Vision is nothing like the old CDMA architecture. Network Vision is software defined radio (SDR). The LTE cards are going to be interchangeable with the CDMA card and can be repurposed on the fly. As Network Vision's CDMA fades, they just download new firmware on the card and now it's an LTE advanced card. No such luck with the old network. You better have spare 1x and EVDO cards from Lucent, Nortel and Ericsson because the 1x cards from each vendor are not interchangeable with the EVDO cards and definitely not interchangeable with cards from the other vendors.
bigsnake49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
JeffDTD
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Samsung EPIC
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 18,855
Send a message via AIM to JeffDTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
In your opinion, what were the causes of the "loss of customers"?

JeffDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
Duffman
Eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDTD
In your opinion, what were the causes of the "loss of customers"?
****ty customer service.

I did not work at Sprint so I can only guess. But it seems that if you are one of the cheapest around and still losing customers, then quality of service would be a major factor.

Last edited by Duffman; 01-30-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by menmyPro View Post
FIRST OFF:

I am not trying to get something for nothing. I am not asking for anything. I was just surprised that I got NO Offers to keep the line I was cancelling.

By NO offers, I mean an incentive to keep the line active and save me some money.

I did get the offer to convert the line to a Data Modem Device at FULL PRICE. (After I pay for the device!).

ANYWAY!

I called to cancel one line on my account as we don't use it and it is not in contract.

When asked why I am cancelling, I explained we don't use it and that Cellphone use is SO EXPENSIVE these days.

I also expressed the issue with them making the Family plan ($129.99) a single line and charging for line 2 these days.

The rep simply said "Yes, we are doing that."

He asked me when do I want it to cancel, I told him at the end of my cycle.

So now I will save the $19.99 per month plus tax just to cover the loss of about $3 for my discount that will be going away AND adding the tax the 2nd line will now be billed for!
You don't read the threads around here much...

This shouldn't have surprised ya...

The iPhone has changed Sprint 180 it ain't the same Sprint from 1997.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
4ringsnbr
Telephone User

Phone: Evo 4G
SU$: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysdiadochodokanestic View Post
Why would they go backwards? Sprint wisely upgraded from GSM to CDMA in 1999. There would never be a reason to go to an older, less efficient standard.
4ringsnbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
ajac
Satellite Phone User

Phone: htc evo
SU$: 34,956
Threads like this make me really look forward to the sprint quarterly earnings report coming up soon

Location location location.
ajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > No Offers for Cancelling a line.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: