Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #586
sidwin
Telegraph User

Phone: sanyo 8100
SU$: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
I don't get this... why would you leave them over just this... Isn't it going to be more expensive anywhere else just to start let alone if they try to nickle and dime you? Me... well, I'm fed up since my reception has started off as crap and gone to absolutely @#$%ing worthless... I think that's an ok reason to want to leave...
nope tmobile is only $50 a month unlimited everything. Before my iphone i was paying $85 a month for 3 phones, data, txt and insurance. Then slowly sprint took away discounts and my bill was $100. Then the iphones came and my bill jumped to $145. And now it's going to be $160. The entire reason i stayed with sprints for 12 years was the price has always been the best and service has been ok. Not the fastest (verizon) or greatest coverage (verizon or att)

Tmobile's price is damn good with not corp discount, loyalty, reocurring, etc. Tired of having to fight for those discounts. When the supervisor lets me out of the ETF fees $700, i'm going to take these 64GB iphones sell them for $900 on fleabay and thank sprint for the parting gift.

Sid
sidwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #587
Defiler
Banana Phone User

Phone: Nokia Lumia 925
SU$: 5,283
Send a message via MSN to Defiler Send a message via Yahoo to Defiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
I don't get this... why would you leave them over just this... Isn't it going to be more expensive anywhere else just to start let alone if they try to nickle and dime you?
For certain phones, yes. But their Value plans work for me (I pay $10 more than I did with Sprint currently but have 4G phones on all lines and not charged an extra $10 for "premium data". Something I DIDN'T have on two of the 4 lines on my plan) and once the phones are paid off on my 4 lines, my bill will drop $65/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49 View Post
Wow...that's probably the first time I've heard of a Sprint employee admitting their network isn't the best.
I was shocked as well. Even if you knew it wasn't the best, would you state that when trying to retain a customer, or ever?

My current MP3 Collection
Defiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #588
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Spoke with Sprint today regarding the discount removal. This was along with coverage issues I was having, where apparently the towers serving my house were having 2 of 3 go down at various times, pushing all of the service needs to only one still giving service to me. The rep apparently flagged the towers and said that the network team would be looking into it, expect changes in 24-72 hours. Got landline and email info for contact and sent me back to retentions to deal with my other issues.

Account Services / retentions offered me an $80 service credit to help offset the lost discount. Accepting it would renew, from today, my primary line. This would really extend the contract from 1/13 to 3/13. I told the rep that I would be waiting for the actual coverages to be corrected and would use that as a basis to determine if I would be staying or going.

I have done all of the research, and know what Verizon will cost me. Losing unlimited data, 6pm nights and AMAT would not really affect me at all. Most people I speak to are on Verizon, so they would be mobile to mobile, and the remaining ones would be covered with the 10 free numbers. Most of my data on my phone is used at home, and with double data and 4GB it would take a ton of effort to hit that number.

If Sprint can fix the 2 towers that keep going up and down, I can stick with them most likely. If they are going to have network issues till "network vision" gets here, I'm probably going to spend the next 2 years as a Verizon customer.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #589
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
If Sprint can fix the 2 towers that keep going up and down, I can stick with them most likely. If they are going to have network issues till "network vision" gets here, I'm probably going to spend the next 2 years as a Verizon customer.
Don't hold your breath. I'm sure they are trained to tell people that the tower issues will be "looked into".
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #590
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
SU$: 14,690
Dan trust me I've flagged many a location in my time with sprint at the store level working at a repair store for 3 years. Hasn't changed much.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #591
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
Don't hold your breath. I'm sure they are trained to tell people that the tower issues will be "looked into".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerFace23 View Post
Dan trust me I've flagged many a location in my time with sprint at the store level working at a repair store for 3 years. Hasn't changed much.
I am giving them the 72 hours. After having Sprint since 98, I can deal with a couple more days and see if they can fix it or not. Account services obviously figured I was a high risk to leave, as the rep almost immediately escalated my call to her supervisor.

My bill generated on 2/29 which was the 1st one with the "missing" discount on the 2nd line. If Sprint can't fix the issue, they know I'm going to Verizon. The rep never suggested I would be paying an ETF if I wanted to leave, so the ball is in their court so to say.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #592
Dan
Forever my Angel

So I called in today and was told that they closed the tickets last night and that the towers are running properly now. I will be doing a real world test to see if they are actually functioning properly, and decide based on that what my next step is.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #593
Defiler
Banana Phone User

Quote:
So I called in today and was told that they closed the tickets last night and that the towers are running properly now. I will be doing a real world test to see if they are actually functioning properly, and decide based on that what my next step is.
Good luck!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #594
26kick
Telephone User

Phone: LG Lotus
SU$: 1,199
Quote:
Yes Dan, good luck and please let us know.
26kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #595
Regulator1956
Two Cans & String User

Phone: PM-8200
SU$: 19
I really feel that Sprint cheated me on this discount. I've lost 24% off of $19.99. The $5 isn't the biggest deal, but I did the math before renewing and I might have change providers after 14 years.

What really pisses me off is Sprint's attitude of "SCREW YOU" - changing the rules while I'm under contract.

I may decide to pay more, but I hate being cheated into paying more.
Regulator1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #596
chillywilly
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: iPhone 4S white
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,391
Send a message via AIM to chillywilly
With my last bill from Feb 26th (which is almost going to be the norm each and every month), my discount (single, not plural) no longer covers the tax and fees ($26) like it used to with my 10/24 and the 20% before billing changes took away the last $4.

This is not complaining, just a sad state of how awesome Sprint used to be for years. Now with the exception of unlimited data (that's no grandfathered in), there is not much difference between it and the other 3 major mobile carriers.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #597
Defiler
Banana Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywilly View Post
With my last bill from Feb 26th (which is almost going to be the norm each and every month), my discount (single, not plural) no longer covers the tax and fees ($26) like it used to with my 10/24 and the 20% before billing changes took away the last $4.

This is not complaining, just a sad state of how awesome Sprint used to be for years. Now with the exception of unlimited data (that's no grandfathered in), there is not much difference between it and the other 3 major mobile carriers.
You are correct. I understand companies need to make money and Sprint did need to do something quick to try and get in the black. But like you said, it doesn't really differentiate them from the other carriers currently.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #598
ZiggyZ
I'm Kind Of A BIG Deal...

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 11,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywilly
.........with the exception of unlimited data (that's no grandfathered in), there is not much difference between it and the other 3 major mobile carriers.
Actually the so called unlimited data really stands for "Unlimited Lag & Turtle Speeds" It sucks to have to pay the $10 Premium Data fee when I'm not receiving Premium speeds. The only customers benefiting from Premium Data are those that live in a 4G area.

Actually, I recently cancelled my service. 15 years, 11 lines. Boom...Gone...
ZiggyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #599
Defiler
Banana Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyZ View Post
Actually the so called unlimited data really stands for "Unlimited Lag & Turtle Speeds" It sucks to have to pay the $10 Premium Data fee when I'm not receiving Premium speeds. The only customers benefiting from Premium Data are those that live in a 4G area.
One of the reasons I left...

Old 03-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #600
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyZ View Post
What speeds are you getting? They just fixed my towers and have improved data speeds greatly. Got 1MB down and 512k up at 4pm today. Not in 4G, since I didn't drive by ECMC to get on that one protection site.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: