Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #541
chillywilly
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: iPhone 4S white
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,391
Send a message via AIM to chillywilly
In reading some of these posts of people's discounts, I get 20% with Sprint and 20% with AT&T. The cost to move 5 smart phones to AT&T is more than I care to bear at this time. So I stick with Sprint.

Even with the new way of billing, I'm still getting $22 off my bill each month, which is a far cry from the $36 I was getting before they started changing the billing and removed my $10/24 credit. But at least they haven't removed the discount altogether.

That will be soon enough, once they ramp up their efforts to look for more money from their long term customers (9 years for me)
Old 02-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #542
jquick77
Telegraph User

SU$: 298
I got 25% with Sprint, and can get 15% with AT&T. I have 4 smartphones, and live in a somewhat rural area, so Sprints data is almost unusable here. I went with AT&T and am now getting between 5 and 8 MBPS.
Sprint finally made me switch with all of their fee's and discount takeaways. I am getting the extra money off on data with AT&T for all 4 lines, and the main part of the plan. They don't discount the $30 texting or the $9.99 for each additional line. AT&T turned out to be $10 per month more, but it is so much better in my area, that it is well worth the extra money.
jquick77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #543
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 19,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquick77 View Post
I got 25% with Sprint, and can get 15% with AT&T. I have 4 smartphones, and live in a somewhat rural area, so Sprints data is almost unusable here. I went with AT&T and am now getting between 5 and 8 MBPS.
Sprint finally made me switch with all of their fee's and discount takeaways. I am getting the extra money off on data with AT&T for all 4 lines, and the main part of the plan. They don't discount the $30 texting or the $9.99 for each additional line. AT&T turned out to be $10 per month more, but it is so much better in my area, that it is well worth the extra money.
ATT also doesnt charge you almost $10 a month in "surcharges". They are $10 cheaper a month for me before my discount. And over $20 cheaper in total after my discount. Sprint is not nearly as "cheap" as they use to be. They have increased their rate more and more. A few dollars here. $10 dollars there. They hold on to the "we are cheaper" but when you stop and look they sometimes are not. And then sometimes are only a few dollars cheaper. The extra bucks is well worth a decent network and data speeds.
Kendog210 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kendog210 For This Useful Post:
jquick77 (02-19-2012)
Old 02-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #544
Rev2Liv
Telegraph User

Phone: sanyo 8200
SU$: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by micronot View Post
SPRINT IS NOT CHARGING ADVERTISED PRICES!
If you want to cancel services at any time, be sure to look at your sprint bill details, in the section "IMPORTANT INFORMATION RELATING TO YOUR SPRINT BILL" on the left side of that page, whenever they make an announcement of change in terms, you can use that as an excuse to cancel within 30 days with no ETF. So, if you don't want to cancel now, they already announced your next "out" on 04/30/2012 they are terminating "Picture Mail Online Storage". Even if you never used it, it is a change in terms of service, and gives you the ability to terminate with no ETF!
I have 2 individual plans on a single account (F&C, ED450). I did not notice q change in my bill or see a notice on TOS changes.

I want to terminate the ED450 line w/o ETF. Can I still do it? Or since they are changing picture mail on 4/30/12, how do I go about changing it now? How do I phrase it when speaking to CS?

Thanks a bunch guys. I really want to axe this line BAD!
Rev2Liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #545
bobbygh
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Evo 4g
SU$: 30
Well I left sprint today and im over at At&t with my new Galaxy Note its super fast on LTE and i love this new super phone i received it today on preoder!
bobbygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #546
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2Liv View Post
I have 2 individual plans on a single account (F&C, ED450). I did not notice q change in my bill or see a notice on TOS changes.

I want to terminate the ED450 line w/o ETF. Can I still do it? Or since they are changing picture mail on 4/30/12, how do I go about changing it now? How do I phrase it when speaking to CS?

Thanks a bunch guys. I really want to axe this line BAD!
The changes as far as discounts go do not affect you. Therefore you can not leave ETF free.

The picture mail decommissioning is not likely to be considered a material change, just the same that when Sprint stopped supporting @sprintpcs.com email. You will have an extremely hard time getting out over that change.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #547
cookeys
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Samsung A900M
SU$: 4,671
I ended up looking on here because I noticed that my bill increased. Sure enough, all the info I needed is here. I have a question. As only my second line is affected by this change, does that mean that I can only cancel that one line eft free?

I would really like to get out, if possible. I had only minor complaints with sprint, up until the last year or so. Over the last year, I have watched the 3G in my area fall apart. Unless it is the middle of the night, I can't do much with my phone. I am not sure what happened.
cookeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #548
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookeys View Post
I ended up looking on here because I noticed that my bill increased. Sure enough, all the info I needed is here. I have a question. As only my second line is affected by this change, does that mean that I can only cancel that one line eft free?

I would really like to get out, if possible. I had only minor complaints with sprint, up until the last year or so. Over the last year, I have watched the 3G in my area fall apart. Unless it is the middle of the night, I can't do much with my phone. I am not sure what happened.
As long as you have a business discount on your account, you can cancel ALL lines, since cancelling only one (in the case of you having for example three lines, still would make line 2, 19.99, and thus change your overall cost).

I ended up biting the bullet yesterday and jumping to Verizon. It's going to cost me a little bit more, but considering I couldn't use my iPhone, or my wifes iPhone to load a single page, or even text yesterday when visiting my mother on the other side of the city, I just had enough.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #549
mbrenner
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: V* Galaxy SIII
SU$: 3,215
Yes you can leave ETF free the entire account if you have a family plan and a corporate (or student) discount. I had the billing change and left, they charged me the ETF but I called yesterday and it is going to be removed.

I ended up going to tmobile which in my area works well (So Cal) with much improved data over what I was getting with sprint. Wimax was spotty for me and having it enabled killed my battery in half a day so it was really unusable.

Tmobile Wifi calling is really nice and built into the phones and the plans so you don't ever need a airave if you live or work outside good sprint (or any cell phone) coverage. At work we have buildings with no cell service (basements etc) but good wifi coverage, its nice to use the phone there, you can't even use an airave because there is no way to get GPS (a gps requirement in airave is stupid; if you can't get cell coverage then perhaps you can't get GPS either, making the airave useless too). My tmobile phone will run all day even with 4G enabled and wifi, unlike my sprint phones.

Again this relates to my location only. There are many, many areas of the country where sprint will end up being much better than tmobile. I am not hawking tmobile by any means. If cost is not an issue than Verizon is really the way to go, but it is very expensive if you wish to have access to more than 2GB of data and wish to enable tethering (30 for 2GB data, 20 for tethering with extra 2GB each phone, and 30 for unlimited text both phones + 119 unlimited voice). So my $160 tmo plan would be $250 on verizon!) At&T is very close in cost as well. However with the $30 unlimited text add on At&T has anymobile so unlimited voice may not be needed..

Sprint costs less unless you need unlimited voice - which with anymobile you rarely do. 129 voice, 20 two phones data fee = 150, so 10 bucks less than tmobile, the discounts and fees will be different depending on carriers. For me its about the same total bill for tmobile and sprint, verizon and AT&T would have ben much more.

Quote:

Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #550
cookeys
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Samsung A900M
SU$: 4,671
My wife has nixed the idea of bailing on Sprint. She really dislikes Sprint and their terrible 3G, but she does not feel that we've gotten enough use out of our Evos yet. Hopefully Verizon will have their double data promo again when our contract is up for renewal (12/31/12). I guess that we have the holidays on our side.
cookeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #551
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
My wife has nixed the idea of bailing on Sprint. She really dislikes Sprint and their terrible 3G, but she does not feel that we've gotten enough use out of our Evos yet. Hopefully Verizon will have their double data promo again when our contract is up for renewal (12/31/12). I guess that we have the holidays on our side.
Anything is possible, but I'd guess Verizon is offering "double data" promotions to get enough devices that can use the 4G network.

Since Verizon devices did not have any easy way to turn off the 4G radio, it will obviously help to move people off the 3G data network where 4G is available.

I'd not hold my breath on Verizon still wanting to offer double data at the upcoming 2012 Christmas holiday season. By then, you may even have Sprint 4G.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #552
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
What does getting "enough use" out of a phone mean? If you can get out of contract right now and sell the EVO's for $150 each, that doesn't mean you can get out of contract a few months from now and what if the phones break?

Even a mint EVO won't get more than $50 in Dec 2012, there may be quad-core LTE phones on Sprint by that time.

If she also feels that Sprint is terrible and has bad 3G, then there's no point in sticking it out for a reason such as "haven't gotten enough use out of our phones yet"
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #553
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
What does getting "enough use" out of a phone mean? If you can get out of contract right now and sell the EVO's for $150 each, that doesn't mean you can get out of contract a few months from now and what if the phones break?

Even a mint EVO won't get more than $50 in Dec 2012, there may be quad-core LTE phones on Sprint by that time.

If she also feels that Sprint is terrible and has bad 3G, then there's no point in sticking it out for a reason such as "haven't gotten enough use out of our phones yet"
It's their personal decision. Sometimes making the wife happy is more important than what could be actually "best" for the couple.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #554
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 27,750
With crappy 3G, it's gonna take forever to get enough use out of those phones.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #555
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It's their personal decision. Sometimes making the wife happy is more important than what could be actually "best" for the couple.

haha, me and my SO have an agreement - she takes my opinion wrt decorating and aesthetics with a pinch of salt, I take her opinion about electronics and computers with a pinch of salt.
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > sprint changing discounts again 2/2/12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: