Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #496
chillywilly
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: iPhone 4S white
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,391
Send a message via AIM to chillywilly
And just logged in today to see that my plan has changed.

Line 1: $110.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
Lines 2-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge

Yesterday, it was still showing:

Line 1: $129.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
Line 2: $0.00 Monthly Charge
Lines 3-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge

Looks like Sprint has found a way to get another $4.00 a month out of me, not including the $10/mo. discount I was getting for the last 24 months.

Anyone taking bets how long before unlim data lasts? And when it does go away, will we be grandfathered in?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #497
SawThoseHornsOff
i dare u

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: iPhone4S & NXS7
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 1,932
That will be interesting.....if they do cap data, my bet is they won't grandfather.....And that will be a sad day for Sprint.
Phones Carried Of Note -Blackberry 8130 Pearl -Blackberry 8330 Curve -Blackberry 9630 Tour -Blackberry 9650 Bold -HTC Mogul -HTC Touch Pro -HTC Hero -HTC EVO 4G -HTC EVO shift 4G -HTC Arrive - Evo 4G LTE - Samsung Epic 4G -Samsung Epic 4G Touch (GS2) -Nexus S 4G - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - HTC ONE (BLACK)

Tablets - Samsung Galaxy Tab (Sprint), Apple iPad2, ASUS Nexus 7 - iPad Mini (Sprint)
SawThoseHornsOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:08 AM   #498
variablebinary
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5S AT&T
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 12,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawThoseHornsOff View Post
That will be interesting.....if they do cap data, my bet is they won't grandfather.....And that will be a sad day for Sprint.
They wont have to bother with grandfathering if they create an LTE data fee, or LTE smart phone plan that you must subscribe to if you want an LTE SIM card for your phone.

Considering every major Sprint phone will be LTE enabled this year, this is all to easy for Sprint to get people to change over. And if Sprint does something like a $10 for 5gig deal, wooing people out of an unlimited plan for the sake of LTE wont be hard if LTE does not suck, and 3G is more consistent.
Sprint Touchpoint, Kyocera KWC 2235 (Verizon), Samsung N400, Samsung A920, Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy SII E4GT, Galaxy SII (AT&T), iPhone 4S (AT&T), iPhone 5 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), iPhone 5S (AT&T)

Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."

Last edited by variablebinary; 02-01-2012 at 02:11 AM.
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #499
SawThoseHornsOff
i dare u

How, mind you, would they equip "every phone" for LTE when only 5 current devices are equipped for sim cards? Don't buy that....
Phones Carried Of Note -Blackberry 8130 Pearl -Blackberry 8330 Curve -Blackberry 9630 Tour -Blackberry 9650 Bold -HTC Mogul -HTC Touch Pro -HTC Hero -HTC EVO 4G -HTC EVO shift 4G -HTC Arrive - Evo 4G LTE - Samsung Epic 4G -Samsung Epic 4G Touch (GS2) -Nexus S 4G - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - HTC ONE (BLACK)

Tablets - Samsung Galaxy Tab (Sprint), Apple iPad2, ASUS Nexus 7 - iPad Mini (Sprint)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #500
SawThoseHornsOff
i dare u

I missquoted....."every major phone". Still don't buy it.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #501
variablebinary
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5S AT&T
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 12,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawThoseHornsOff View Post
I missquoted....."every major phone". Still don't buy it.
It's just one way Sprint could wiggle out of the battle of grandfathering, not a biblical prophesy.

There are a myriad of ways to make people change without doing it at gunpoint.

Sprint will have a very desirable LTE product, and some very desirable LTE devices planned. The Galaxy Nexus being one, possibly the Note, and certainly the iPhone5 and GSIII.

And the iPhone5 again, which will be the most significant smartphone release of the year.

If Sprint says you must get an LTE SIM, or LTE data plan, getting the majority of people to abandon their current data plan wont be hard. Grandfathering will be a non-issue, and the holdouts on 3G only and Wimax phones will self attrit over time by going to another carrier or by upgrading when Wimax goes dark, and 3G becomes useless in an LTE world.
Sprint Touchpoint, Kyocera KWC 2235 (Verizon), Samsung N400, Samsung A920, Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy SII E4GT, Galaxy SII (AT&T), iPhone 4S (AT&T), iPhone 5 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), iPhone 5S (AT&T)

Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #502
JeffDTD
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Samsung EPIC
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 18,855
Send a message via AIM to JeffDTD
Mr. Hesse's philosophy is clear: We only have to offer a marginally compelling value proposition when compared to the other carriers. So, if the best you can do anywhere else for a similar price is 2 or 3 gbs, he will prob offer us all 5gb of blazing lte and call it a day. There is simply no reason to continue to offer unlimited once we have something better than the 3g dinosaur we are on

JeffDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #503
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywilly View Post
And just logged in today to see that my plan has changed.

Line 1: $110.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
Lines 2-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge

Yesterday, it was still showing:

Line 1: $129.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
Line 2: $0.00 Monthly Charge
Lines 3-5: $19.99 Monthly Charge

Looks like Sprint has found a way to get another $4.00 a month out of me, not including the $10/mo. discount I was getting for the last 24 months.

Anyone taking bets how long before unlim data lasts? And when it does go away, will we be grandfathered in?

That's wonderful. I'm sure Sprint's going to make sure and charge everyone as well starting today, through whenever they get their "Feb bill".. for me, that'd mean I'd get charged (pro-rated) the 19.99 from today, up until the date my next bill cuts (12th). So that'd mean a pro-rated 19.99 charge for the 2nd line, PLUS a full charge of 19.99 in advance, so if they did that (which wouldn't surprise me at all), they'd stand to get almost 10.00 (at least) in one whack (the change itself, and loss of discount on line 2, plus being able to charge from Feb 1 - whenever each persons feb bill gets cut).
Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #504
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,402
I thought this was humorous. From an article on the SU wall.

"For its part, Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N) is coping with ballooning costs after taking on Apple Inc’s (AAPL.O) iPhone 4S and trying to stem customer defections."

http://www.sprintusers.com/radio-sha...due-to-sprint/

Stem customer defections--Hilarious! Premium data fee for substandard network service. Elimination of discounts and incentives. I completly understand that Sprint is doing it to fund the iPhone and NV, but it bought the wrong playbook in trying to increase revenues and reduce churn. Of course February 8th may explain everything.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #505
chillywilly
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: iPhone 4S white
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,391
Send a message via AIM to chillywilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
That's wonderful. I'm sure Sprint's going to make sure and charge everyone as well starting today, through whenever they get their "Feb bill".. for me, that'd mean I'd get charged (pro-rated) the 19.99 from today, up until the date my next bill cuts (12th). So that'd mean a pro-rated 19.99 charge for the 2nd line, PLUS a full charge of 19.99 in advance, so if they did that (which wouldn't surprise me at all), they'd stand to get almost 10.00 (at least) in one whack (the change itself, and loss of discount on line 2, plus being able to charge from Feb 1 - whenever each persons feb bill gets cut).
The only 2 advantages at this point are unlimited data and about $10 cheaper than AT&T.

I've now lost $14 in discounts in the 30 days ($10 recurring and $4 less due to this billing change).
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #506
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 27,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDTD View Post
Mr. Hesse's philosophy is clear: We only have to offer a marginally compelling value proposition when compared to the other carriers. So, if the best you can do anywhere else for a similar price is 2 or 3 gbs, he will prob offer us all 5gb of blazing lte and call it a day. There is simply no reason to continue to offer unlimited once we have something better than the 3g dinosaur we are on
Blazing and Sprint...been a long time since I've associated those two words together.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #507
JeffDTD
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amused
Phone: Samsung EPIC
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 18,855
Send a message via AIM to JeffDTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49

Blazing and Sprint...been a long time since I've associated those two words together.
Hahaha... reminds me of all the crazy adverbs and adjectives they used to describe the evo4g when it came out

JeffDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #508
Gameaddict8
Telephone User

Mood: Chatty
Phone: HTC One max
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 945
Send a message via AIM to Gameaddict8
Wow.

Changes to your invoice
User : xxxx
At Sprint, we're always working to make your wireless experience as simple as possible. Starting with your February invoice, your monthly charges will be presented differently. From now on, we'll separate the primary line from the second line for all Family and Business Share plans. We hope this is a helpful change that makes your monthly bill even easier to understand.

And don't worry – your invoice amount is not changing, and you'll continue to receive the great Sprint service you've come to love. In fact, Sprint remains the value leader for individual and share plans and is the only national carrier to offer truly Unlimited data for all phones with no overages, data caps or throttling. All while on the Sprint network.

HTC One max & Photon Q
Gameaddict8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #509
jasqid
Telegraph User

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameaddict8 View Post
Wow.

Changes to your invoice
User : xxxx
At Sprint, we're always working to make your wireless experience as simple as possible. Starting with your February invoice, your monthly charges will be presented differently. From now on, we'll separate the primary line from the second line for all Family and Business Share plans. We hope this is a helpful change that makes your monthly bill even easier to understand.

And don't worry – your invoice amount is not changing, and you'll continue to receive the great Sprint service you've come to love. In fact, Sprint remains the value leader for individual and share plans and is the only national carrier to offer truly Unlimited data for all phones with no overages, data caps or throttling. All while on the Sprint network.
WOW! INDEED!! Thats an out right LIE! "Invoice amount is not changing". It actually IS changing!!
jasqid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #510
tybo31316
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
SU$: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasqid

WOW! INDEED!! Thats an out right LIE! "Invoice amount is not changing". It actually IS changing!!
I should call and cancel right now for sprint taking advantage of people I hate lies. Lol
tybo31316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > sprint changing discounts again 2/2/12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: