Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #481
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,824
Just got another email from account services (even though I've yet to reply to the first one).. told me I'm eligible for 10.00 credit for 2 months, thru 1-25-12, and that if I accept it, I can still cancel by 4-15-2012... At this point, I'm likely just going to swallow the pill and stay... I just hope they don't start pulling more BS, because at SOME point they're going to be 100% on par, cost wise, with Verizon and AT&T. I just can't go with the metered data (my wife would be fine, but I can't do it), and since I travel and use the SiriusXM app when I'm driving, I just can't do much else..
Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #482
usernameOU812
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Nexus4
SU$: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbannewz View Post
I was told I can get out of the contract etf free for all 4 lines of service.
Within how many days?
What happens if you don't get out after they mark you ETF free?
usernameOU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #483
missdiva
RIP Palm Pre

Phone: Iphone 5
Trades: 45
SU$: 14,437
Confirmation it's 30 days from the "bill date" on 1/12 bill correct? For those staying but asking that the contract be removed - any resistance?

What a year! First $10, then - $20/24, all perks gone, no resign bonus, now this.

I wouldn't even be so upset if the 3G wasn't such a miserable b-tch.
missdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #484
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdiva View Post
Confirmation it's 30 days from the "bill date" on 1/12 bill correct? For those staying but asking that the contract be removed - any resistance?

What a year! First $10, then - $20/24, all perks gone, no resign bonus, now this.

I wouldn't even be so upset if the 3G wasn't such a miserable b-tch.
Supposed to be 30 days from notice, however some are being told 30 from the day it starts. I have an email from an account services rep, telling me I have til April 15 2012, which would make it 90 days, which makes no sense.

I just caved and took their offer of an Airave and a couple credits for the next 2 months,I can't justify an increase of $30.00 a month, and have to deal with tiered data. Sprints data is miserably slow, but at least I know if I use over 2GB I won't be charged another 10.00 or whatever the others charge.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #485
SawThoseHornsOff
i dare u

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: iPhone4S & NXS7
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 1,932
Verizon overage charges - $51.20/gb
http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...red-plans.html
AT&T overage charges - $10/gb
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/02/a...ethering-comi/
Phones Carried Of Note -Blackberry 8130 Pearl -Blackberry 8330 Curve -Blackberry 9630 Tour -Blackberry 9650 Bold -HTC Mogul -HTC Touch Pro -HTC Hero -HTC EVO 4G -HTC EVO shift 4G -HTC Arrive - Evo 4G LTE - Samsung Epic 4G -Samsung Epic 4G Touch (GS2) -Nexus S 4G - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - HTC ONE (BLACK)

Tablets - Samsung Galaxy Tab (Sprint), Apple iPad2, ASUS Nexus 7 - iPad Mini (Sprint)
SawThoseHornsOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #486
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: LG G2
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 12,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawThoseHornsOff View Post
However, according to both AT&T and Verizon, the vast majority of their customers don't get hit with overages. Normal people aren't like the heavy data users and are a bit more relaxed when it comes to data usage.

Sprint could justify this year's attempt to squeeze every last nickel and dime out of our pockets if they ALREADY had a better network.

Unfortunately, we are stuck paying almost the same amount per month as Verizon or AT&T but with slower data speeds and coverage that leaves a lot to be desired.

I think that Sprint's biggest problem is that they do too much squeezing too frequently. Those of us who have been with Sprint for more than five years have seen a remarkable increase in our monthly bills over the past year.

At the same time, voice and data coverage/speed has grown worse and we lost appreciated incentives (such as the loss of Sprint Premier, changing terms regarding fees and discounts, etc...) to stay with the company.

Sprint needs to tread these waters carefully. I think that they were emboldened by a good first quarter with the iPhone. However, the iPhone isn't good enough of a reason to stay for many people.

With the price drawing closer and closer to that of AT&T for most users (remember, most people don't suck data like some represented here), then the motivation to stay isn't nearly as enticing as faster speeds on a more reliable network.

ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ccchhhrrriiisss For This Useful Post:
SLME (01-19-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #487
SawThoseHornsOff
i dare u

what i don't understand is you will take AT&T and Verizon's word for it and you won't trust Sprint. I acknowledge that prices have risen over the years, but the capabilities have risen as well. More capabilities requires more maintenence.
And make no mistake, if Sprint is not meeting your needs, or you feel that another carrier might better suit your needs for a little more/month, Sprint will let you buy out of your contract. You aren't "stuck"....it just might just cost some dough out of pocket. I can't speak to your coverage or lack thereof in CA, but in Texas Sprint speeds are routinely the same if not faster than AT&T on 3G. Verizon.....however.....owns us.
Phones Carried Of Note -Blackberry 8130 Pearl -Blackberry 8330 Curve -Blackberry 9630 Tour -Blackberry 9650 Bold -HTC Mogul -HTC Touch Pro -HTC Hero -HTC EVO 4G -HTC EVO shift 4G -HTC Arrive - Evo 4G LTE - Samsung Epic 4G -Samsung Epic 4G Touch (GS2) -Nexus S 4G - iPhone 4S - iPhone 5 - HTC ONE (BLACK)

Tablets - Samsung Galaxy Tab (Sprint), Apple iPad2, ASUS Nexus 7 - iPad Mini (Sprint)
The Following User Says Thank You to SawThoseHornsOff For This Useful Post:
usernameOU812 (01-23-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #488
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: LG G2
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 12,842
Quote:
what i don't understand is you will take AT&T and Verizon's word for it and you won't trust Sprint. I acknowledge that prices have risen over the years, but the capabilities have risen as well. More capabilities requires more maintenence.
And make no mistake, if Sprint is not meeting your needs, or you feel that another carrier might better suit your needs for a little more/month, Sprint will let you buy out of your contract. You aren't "stuck"....it just might just cost some dough out of pocket. I can't speak to your coverage or lack thereof in CA, but in Texas Sprint speeds are routinely the same if not faster than AT&T on 3G. Verizon.....however.....owns us.
I don't take anyone's word for it.

My parents and siblings all of AT&T. They have fantastic voice and data coverage. I helped get my parents their discount (my dad is retired from the military). My parents have had Verizon and AT&T, and they are very content with AT&T. Even with their iPhones (a 3G and 4S), they have plenty of data left over each month.

At the same time, I have had Sprint since I was an undergrad in college. Over the years, I have been "misinformed" by enough Sprint customer service reps to be VERY skeptical of what I am told. Even in this thread and with Sprint's improved customer service, we have quite a few customers getting many conflicting answers.

Yeah, it will come down to personal usage needs. My Sprint coverage is fine here in the San Francisco Bay Area (*although I have noticed that I have recently been getting dropped calls and slow data speeds). However, "it's a small world after all" (well, a "small country" in the very least). There are places where I have literally NO coverage (such as my parents' home or in pockets of areas around the Bay Area) where AT&T customers have great coverage.

I don't mind paying more for better service. However, Sprint seems to want us to pay more now for the promise of better service in the future.

This is why many customers are fed up. After being lectured by zealous Sprint apologists for a couple of years about how the other companies "nickel and dime you to death," Sprint has engaged in an all-out fleecing of our pocket books. We now are paying nearly the same price as the two largest companies.

Yes, Sprint offers unlimited data. However, how many people does this really help? Yes, it is definitely an ease on the conscience. However, the people who truly benefit from unlimited data are the ones who absorb the bulk of it...which drives the rest of our rates up.

Unfortunately, the trade-off for the "unlimited data" is the fact that the data on Sprint leaves a lot to be desired. Is it worth staying with Sprint for unlimited? To each their own. However, there are plenty of people who prefer to NOT got to expensive all-you-can-eat buffets when they can pay less to eat better food elsewhere.

ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #489
urbannewz
Telegraph User

SU$: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameOU812

Within how many days?
What happens if you don't get out after they mark you ETF free?
I have 30 days from Feb. 2 to cancel. Although I was told I can cancel now and it would be ETF free.

If I don't get out after the 30 days, in screwed and have to stay with Sprint.
urbannewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #490
Aleko
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Galaxy S3
Trades: 9
SU$: 14,641
Quote:
... in Texas Sprint speeds are routinely the same if not faster than AT&T on 3G. Verizon.....however.....owns us.
Not sure where in Texas you are, but it's exactly the opposite here in North Dallas area. Sprint's cost of service has almost doubled over the last two years, while the quality of service has deteriorated to the point it's laughable. I used to tell my family how great Sprint service was and actually talked them into coming to Sprint about 3-4 years ago, and they hated every minute of it and couldn't wait for their contracts to end so that they could leave. Most of them are now with AT&T and couldn't be happier with the service. Their data speeds and coverage are much better than this joke of service I'm getting from Sprint. Even my T-Mobile hotspot with its "not-trully-4G" service gets consistent 6-8 Mbps down everywhere I go. With my Sprint phone, I'm lucky to be getting 2 meg from their non-existent 4G coverage, and most of the time it's 200 - 300 Kbps on 3G. And I'm not even going to compare it to Verizon data here at 12+ Mbps...
Aleko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #491
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 27,743
Quote:
Texas is huge. Be careful when speaking for Texas, because that's definitely not the truth for all of Texas.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #492
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49 View Post
Texas is huge. Be careful when speaking for Texas, because that's definitely not the truth for all of Texas.
That's for sure.. cuz the service here sorta, blows.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #493
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
I don't take anyone's word for it.

My parents and siblings all of AT&T. They have fantastic voice and data coverage. I helped get my parents their discount (my dad is retired from the military). My parents have had Verizon and AT&T, and they are very content with AT&T. Even with their iPhones (a 3G and 4S), they have plenty of data left over each month.

At the same time, I have had Sprint since I was an undergrad in college. Over the years, I have been "misinformed" by enough Sprint customer service reps to be VERY skeptical of what I am told. Even in this thread and with Sprint's improved customer service, we have quite a few customers getting many conflicting answers.

Yeah, it will come down to personal usage needs. My Sprint coverage is fine here in the San Francisco Bay Area (*although I have noticed that I have recently been getting dropped calls and slow data speeds). However, "it's a small world after all" (well, a "small country" in the very least). There are places where I have literally NO coverage (such as my parents' home or in pockets of areas around the Bay Area) where AT&T customers have great coverage.

I don't mind paying more for better service. However, Sprint seems to want us to pay more now for the promise of better service in the future.

This is why many customers are fed up. After being lectured by zealous Sprint apologists for a couple of years about how the other companies "nickel and dime you to death," Sprint has engaged in an all-out fleecing of our pocket books. We now are paying nearly the same price as the two largest companies.

Yes, Sprint offers unlimited data. However, how many people does this really help? Yes, it is definitely an ease on the conscience. However, the people who truly benefit from unlimited data are the ones who absorb the bulk of it...which drives the rest of our rates up.

Unfortunately, the trade-off for the "unlimited data" is the fact that the data on Sprint leaves a lot to be desired. Is it worth staying with Sprint for unlimited? To each their own. However, there are plenty of people who prefer to NOT got to expensive all-you-can-eat buffets when they can pay less to eat better food elsewhere.

Hear hear. I'd rather pay $30 for a good, tasty meal than $30 to shovel warmed-over all-you-can-eat pizza rolls into my mouth.

But I have been known to indulge in buffets from time to time *burrp*

It didn't used to be the case, but with Verizon's 4G LTE, its the equivalent of getting a nice seafood dinner for the price of all-you-can-eat Round Table, as long as you don't have a huuuge data appetite.
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #494
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
That's an article from October 2010, we are in 2012. Verizon charges $10/1GB overage on all their 2GB and up smartphone plans.
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #495
SawThoseHornsOff
i dare u

I picked the wrong thread to post in. Will check my facts better next time. Thank God for options. Hope you all get the service you want/deserve for the right price.

Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > sprint changing discounts again 2/2/12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: