Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #31
Silent Majority
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Moto Admiral
SU$: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstrukk

Thanks for your response! However, when I'm in that settings page... all I see are shortcuts for the letters a-z... D=
Should be at the very top, listed as a "side" button.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #32
venaka
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstrukk View Post
Thanks for your response! However, when I'm in that settings page... all I see are shortcuts for the letters a-z... D=
just dive into it..
each letter pressed consecutively with search does the command..the first one is the side button change that to text messaging or whatever
venaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #33
SanDiegoSteve
Telegraph User

Phone: Admiral
SU$: 397
These guys answered it. But I just want an excuse to play with a screenshot app:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SideButton.png
Views:	70
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	42914  
Old 11-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #34
starstrukk
live.laugh.lift

Mood: Inspired
Phone: iphone5time
Trades: 2
SU$: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Majority View Post
Should be at the very top, listed as a "side" button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venaka View Post
just dive into it..
each letter pressed consecutively with search does the command..the first one is the side button change that to text messaging or whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
These guys answered it. But I just want an excuse to play with a screenshot app:
Thanks you guys for your responses! This really helps BUT I seem to not have that option O_O. If it counts for anything, I am on SERO and yesterday when I activated it the rep switched my SERO-P to a SERO-P with direct connect but I told her I wasn't going to use DC. And i've been pressing the button like crazy and nothing happens, so I know the DC does not work; that's when I have the one touch button thing set to off (which is always by default). When I do have it set to open up the DC contact list, it goes to that. But I have no interest in using DC -_-... Oh well...! Anyway, thanks again guys!

Last edited by starstrukk; 11-23-2011 at 04:30 PM.
starstrukk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #35
J.BEEZY
Telegraph User

SU$: 226
Send a message via AIM to J.BEEZY
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstrukk View Post
Thanks you guys for your responses! This really helps BUT I seem to not have that option O_O. If it counts for anything, I am on SERO and yesterday when I activated it the rep switched my SERO-P to a SERO-P with direct connect but I told her I wasn't going to use DC. And i've been pressing the button like crazy and nothing happens, so I know the DC does not work; that's when I have the one touch button thing set to off (which is always by default). When I do have it set to open up the DC contact list, it goes to that. But I have no interest in using DC -_-... Oh well...! Anyway, thanks again guys!
mine start with the letter A too, no side option, im on seroP also
J.BEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #36
SanDiegoSteve
Telegraph User

Phone: Admiral
SU$: 397
Maybe they prevent re-mapping this key if you have a DC-enabled plan?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #37
J.BEEZY
Telegraph User

SU$: 226
Send a message via AIM to J.BEEZY
Quote:
maybe ur right

its kinda annoying tho when i dont mean to hit it and it just does that loud beep a few times
J.BEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #38
Silent Majority
Cordless Phone User

How the hell do you turn off the loud beep that happens when the phone gets low battery? Its so sudden, loud and annoying.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #39
John_E
Telegraph User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: Motorola Admira
SU$: 100
Quote:
Yes! If you have Sprint DC service the option is not available to remap the DC button. (You CAN remap if you don't have DC on your account.)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #40
John_E
Telegraph User

Quote:
How the hell do you turn off the loud beep that happens when the phone gets low battery? Its so sudden, loud and annoying.
I haven't tested for this particular beep; however, Android OS has MANY volume controls!

The best application I have found to adjust the various volumns is AudioGuru. There is a free version and a paid version in the Android Market. Once installed you can see all of the different "types" of volumns to control.

You will need to play with which one the Low Battery appears under. Here are the categories on my Admiral under AudioGuru:

Voice
Media
Ringer
Alerts
System
Alarm

(My guess is that it will be under "system" but I have not tested... my battery rarely gets low because I am using the "Maximum battery saver" mode under the phones battery settings... I easily get a full day of talking, texting, and data usage off of a single charge.)
The Following User Says Thank You to John_E For This Useful Post:
Silent Majority (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #41
Silent Majority
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_E
I haven't tested for this particular beep; however, Android OS has MANY volume controls!

The best application I have found to adjust the various volumns is AudioGuru. There is a free version and a paid version in the Android Market. Once installed you can see all of the different "types" of volumns to control.

You will need to play with which one the Low Battery appears under. Here are the categories on my Admiral under AudioGuru:

Voice
Media
Ringer
Alerts
System
Alarm

(My guess is that it will be under "system" but I have not tested... my battery rarely gets low because I am using the "Maximum battery saver" mode under the phones battery settings... I easily get a full day of talking, texting, and data usage off of a single charge.)
Yea I'm guessing its system too which of course was turned all the way up. Thanks for the cool app. I'll have to see if my phone yells at me tonight. With the Max power saver mode, you don't receive gmail messages right away right?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #42
John_E
Telegraph User

Quote:
Yea I'm guessing its system too which of course was turned all the way up. Thanks for the cool app. I'll have to see if my phone yells at me tonight. With the Max power saver mode, you don't receive gmail messages right away right?
Yes, that is correct. My emails come in slowly unless my phone is active. (So when I wake up the screen, I get my email messges.) This works for me but if you need to be able to respond quickly to email messages, you should consider the other power options.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #43
Silent Majority
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_E View Post
Yes, that is correct. My emails come in slowly unless my phone is active. (So when I wake up the screen, I get my email messges.) This works for me but if you need to be able to respond quickly to email messages, you should consider the other power options.
Yeah I was hesitant to set it like this at first but it seems to be working fine for me for now and I'd appreciate that extra battery boost.

As for DC folks without the option to change the button mapping, I have DC listed on my account but for some reason I can still change the mapping. Just lucky I guess.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #44
starstrukk
live.laugh.lift

Mood: Inspired
Phone: iphone5time
Trades: 2
SU$: 6,387
Quote:
Yeah I was hesitant to set it like this at first but it seems to be working fine for me for now and I'd appreciate that extra battery boost.

As for DC folks without the option to change the button mapping, I have DC listed on my account but for some reason I can still change the mapping. Just lucky I guess.
O_O, I am so envious that you can remap your DC button while you have DC listed on your account!!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #45
John_E
Telegraph User

Quote:

Can you check in your phone settings and post what software verions you are running?

I'm running:

Android: 2.3.5
Blur_Version: 55.11.15.xt603.Sprint.en.US
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf+
Build: 5.5.1Q-177_PAX-15
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Motorola Admiral feedback

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: