Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #76
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

SU$: 281
Its not the same here in florida warehouses
P. Dexter85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #77
Cridlon
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 54
Hi, new here..... I'm kinda in the same boat. I have a Evo 4G and have been happy with it. But the one time I took my Otter box off to clean it Evo went Boom on the ground. The screen is cracked and works, but is sharp as I have already scratched my thumb a few times. My upgrade is April 2nd. Problem is there is nothing out yet. When I upgrade I tend to buy the best so it is current the longest. I can , heck the Nexus looks to be old tech by the time it comes out. I can't bring myself to pay $100 for a refurb evo from insurance, but I would pull the trigger on a evo 3d for that price. So I did file a claim yesterday and the lady said I'd get a 4g replacement. I said I'd hold off. So I have 60 days to complete the claim.

I don't know if they will always offer a 4g or will they say it will be 3d. I even did the website to complete the claim and it said an evo as a replacement so I held off

Any thoughts?
My location is Boise, Id.

Clif
Cridlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #78
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
SU$: 127,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridlon View Post
Hi, new here..... I'm kinda in the same boat. I have a Evo 4G and have been happy with it. But the one time I took my Otter box off to clean it Evo went Boom on the ground. The screen is cracked and works, but is sharp as I have already scratched my thumb a few times. My upgrade is April 2nd. Problem is there is nothing out yet. When I upgrade I tend to buy the best so it is current the longest. I can , heck the Nexus looks to be old tech by the time it comes out. I can't bring myself to pay $100 for a refurb evo from insurance, but I would pull the trigger on a evo 3d for that price. So I did file a claim yesterday and the lady said I'd get a 4g replacement. I said I'd hold off. So I have 60 days to complete the claim.

I don't know if they will always offer a 4g or will they say it will be 3d. I even did the website to complete the claim and it said an evo as a replacement so I held off

Any thoughts?
My location is Boise, Id.

Clif
Asurion will always try and send you the same type of device unless it is out of stock. You are likely to get a 4G device as the replacement, as that is what you are entitled to.

You must have hit that device pretty good to crack the screen, since it has "Gorilla Glass" and is pretty strong really. I have laid on my side, with the phone in a soft holster, and still not cracked my screen even though the phone sounded like it was cracking. The joys of construction!

Asurion is correct, you have 60 days from the date of loss to complete a claim. The rep was actually pretty nice to you. Most times, once you have gotten to them telling you a replacement device, your locked into accepting it or waiting for your device if its on back order.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #79
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

Exactly! Honestly I think it depends on the Asurion agent that answers the line. Some agents will go ahead and offer the upgrade but other agents stick to the script and give the exact phone without you even explaining the situation.

So far the ones who spoke on this forum regarding the upgrade, received either the Evo 3D or the Design 4G. I would take either or but its hard to determine if its worth it.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #80
grrmisfit
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

You must have hit that device pretty good to crack the screen, since it has "Gorilla Glass" and is pretty strong really. I have laid on my side, with the phone in a soft holster, and still not cracked my screen even though the phone sounded like it was cracking. The joys of construction!
dropped mine from about 5ft up and it landed squarely face down on the glass and shattered every last inch of it.. but your right ive dropped it plenty of times before with no damage this one time i got unlucky as hell
grrmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #81
Cridlon
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 54
Actually, My EVO has been pretty tough. No scratches, no dings for nearly 2 years. I don't demand that Asurion give me a EVO 3d, but if they are replacing 4g's with a newer phone it may be worth paying for the repair. It's not worth paying for a 4G though.

I will definetly be getting a EVO next gen aka HTC one or a Galaxy S3 for my upgrade.
Cridlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #82
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

Exactly. Im not paying $100 for a 4G, but I would for an upgrade. If not, I'm gonna wait for that HTC One.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #83
Jaggrey
Affirmative Action Mod

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: HTC One
Trades: 11
SU$: 22,948
Send a message via AIM to Jaggrey Send a message via MSN to Jaggrey
I thought the Sprint store could replace cracked LCDs?

R.I.P. lil bro... Jason Aggrey ~ 11/9/1989 - 10/3/2005

Welcome to Sprintusers!
If you see a post that violates our forum guidelines, click the button to let us know!
Jaggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #84
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

Nope. Best Buy does replacement screen thing but the Sprint store just tells u to call Asurion
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #85
IFORGIT
Telephone User

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
SU$: 1,570
Went into the store today for an issue they fixed a month ago. My touchscreen would quit responding/have a mind of it's own. Now they are replacing it, I asked if there was a chance I could get a 3D and he responded with no, then said I didn't want a 3D (even though I did) finally said the Evo was on a 5 day back order. I'm in Jacksonville FL so I'll fill you in on what happens in 5 days or sooner.
IFORGIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #86
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

The only reason he probably said that is becuz of the new HTC One series that's coming out. The only real difference I see is the 3D having 3 megapixels less then the 4G. Besides, only Asurion can do that upgrade cuz with Sprint, u would have to do numerous exchanges first.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #87
IFORGIT
Telephone User

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
SU$: 1,570
But if there's a 5 day wait, couldn't they just give me a 3D now? Isn't that what everyone on the thread is talking about. Asurion just gives you a 3D now instead of an Evo later?
IFORGIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #88
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

There cutting back. U gotta hope u get a laid back agent on the line when u call so they can make the switch. Cuz the ones who play by the book will tell u no deal and finalize the 4G on the spot with the wait time. So its up to u.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #89
Jaggrey
Affirmative Action Mod

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: HTC One
Trades: 11
SU$: 22,948
Send a message via AIM to Jaggrey Send a message via MSN to Jaggrey
When I got my Epic replaced, I was on my 3rd or 4th one. The Epic was on backorder and I asked what else was available instead of specifically asking for a model. That may seem that I'm looking for an upgrade.

R.I.P. lil bro... Jason Aggrey ~ 11/9/1989 - 10/3/2005

Welcome to Sprintusers!
If you see a post that violates our forum guidelines, click the button to let us know!
Jaggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #90
P. Dexter85
Telegraph User

Only if its on good terms and the Epic devices u received were defective. And ur suppose to get the upgrade after 3 or 4 trades in a year.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > FYI! Asurion replacing Evo with Evo 3D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: