Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
scoop24
Telegraph User

SU$: 92
My iPhone 4s connects to airave just fine . But all my incoming calls get pushed straight to my voicemail and when I make call sometimes it goes through or i get "I'm not authorized to make calls with this account."

Other than that it show 5 bars of signal and I get anywhere from 1.7mbs to 2.0 mbs of 3G data.

My other line which is iPhone 4 won't even acknowledge the Airaves when I press *99 it tells me these features aren't available.

So I'm trying to figure out if this is a isolated issue or are others having these problems? If so is there a fix?

Last edited by scoop24; 10-25-2011 at 09:17 AM.
scoop24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
fredrx
Telephone User

SU$: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop24 View Post
My iPhone 4s connects to airave just fine . But all my incoming calls get pushed straight to my voicemail and when I make call sometimes it goes through or i get "I'm not authorized to make calls with this account."

Other than that it show 5 bars of signal and I get anywhere from 1.7mbs to 2.0 mbs of 3G data.

My other line which is iPhone 4 won't even acknowledge the Airaves when I press *99 it tells me these features aren't available.

So I'm trying to figure out if this is a isolated issue or are others having these problems? If so is there a fix?
It's not an isolated problem (see some of the discussion threads below). From the discussions, it looks like Sprint is generally clueless as to what's going on and what the real fix is, if any. Hard to imagine but did they not do any testing with the iphones and the airave before Oct 14?

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/357630?tstart=0
http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/79413
http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/78790
http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/356924
du2vye (10-31-2011)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
scoop24
Telegraph User

Thanks. I didn't even realize the voicemail issue. But it seems like others are having the erratic calling issues too, hopefully I can get it resolved when I get home from work.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
kitarkus
Telegraph User

SU$: 142
I've had the original air rave for years now ( since before official release). I've had no problems with it and have evo and iPhone in the house with it. It raises my bars from 2 to 5. Back when I got it it raised me from 1 or fewer bars to 3 or 4 bars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-835662887.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	42673  
kitarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
kitarkus
Telegraph User

SU$: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarkus
I've had the original air rave for years now ( since before official release). I've had no problems with it and have evo and iPhone in the house with it. It raises my bars from 2 to 5. Back when I got it it raised me from 1 or fewer bars to 3 or 4 bars.
PS. One sprint rep this week told me that air rave is incompatible with iPhone on sprint and that it is an apple issue. This is balogna since it clearly is working on both of my phones.
kitarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Yungtps
Telephone User

SU$: 777
Turn the airave completely off and then turn it back on after about a minute.
Yungtps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
scoop24
Telegraph User

Well they got the 4s running perfect. But I had to open a ticket for iPhone 4. Cause tech support could not get it to register to airave. So hopefully this gets resolve soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
RealtorKen
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 4S
SU$: 697
I am experiencing this same problem...I don't know what is worst, dealing with 1 bar or not receiving 80% of my calls
RealtorKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
teeitupmo
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: iPhone 4GS
Trades: 1
SU$: 2,299
what's interesting about this topic, is the fact that I have a new 3G Airave, but when I had my iPhone 4S active on my account, I did not even need the Airave. I was getting consistently better signal in every location that Sprint had low signal with my 4S. At home one day, as an experiment, I turned off my Airave, and sure enough my 1bar went up to 3bars with my iPhone 4S, but my EVO 4G still had 1 bar.
teeitupmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #10
Yungtps
Telephone User

SU$: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitupmo
what's interesting about this topic, is the fact that I have a new 3G Airave, but when I had my iPhone 4S active on my account, I did not even need the Airave. I was getting consistently better signal in every location that Sprint had low signal with my 4S. At home one day, as an experiment, I turned off my Airave, and sure enough my 1bar went up to 3bars with my iPhone 4S, but my EVO 4G still had 1 bar.
This is true but I use mine because it give me better 3G connection. Not that I need it because I'm always on wifi anyways lol
Yungtps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
trumpet
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Sanyo 5300
SU$: 48
Well, yesterday both of our iPhone 4s's starting working properly with regards to voicemail and the airave. Today only one phone is working correctly. My patience is running thin.
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #12
Mab8962
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
I have seen this before. The settings in your phone need to be checked to allow incoming calls with a data connection vs sending them to vm. The air rave will only register the users on the account associated with the air rave which can also block people giving the restricted error. You do not need to dial *99 before your phone call either.
Mab8962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
scoop24
Telegraph User

They both just started working on there own out of no where. So at this moment I have no complaints.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
keyence
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 19
There is an issue with the Airrave blocking or repeating text messages. I've had this problem since I activated my phones. Spoke with a sprint rep about it, they said they are aware of it but haven't figured out a way to fix it.

I haven't seen any issues with Calls or voicemail
keyence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Cloud18
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 4S 64gb
SU$: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyence View Post
There is an issue with the Airrave blocking or repeating text messages. I've had this problem since I activated my phones. Spoke with a sprint rep about it, they said they are aware of it but haven't figured out a way to fix it.

I haven't seen any issues with Calls or voicemail
Ah ha! That explains the constant repetition of text messages I was getting when I first activated my iPhone 4S. I never thought it was an Airave problem. I did not contact Sprint about it since it cleared itself up.
Cloud18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Airave + Iphone problems

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: