Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
TEP Open Enrollment Aug. 1 – Aug. 31

To celebrate the TEP increase to $8, Sprint is having an open(my humor)

Normally, Sprint customers can add Total Equipment Protection to their account only within 30 days of purchasing their device. However, Sprint is waiving those rules during August and allowing any customer to add Total Equipment Protection to their phone or mobile broadband device.

During August:
  • Select the device you would like to add Total Equipment Protection.
  • Choose “change service add on for device.”
  • Check the box for Total Equipment Protection.
  • Accept terms and conditions.
  • Click Save and Follow the remaining check out instructions.
Recent updates to the Total Equipment Protection program
  • Same or like model delivered next day if ordered by 10 p.m. Central time (compared to 2-3 days previously)
  • Phone arrives activated (no need to call Care)
  • Ability to manage contacts through Web backup
  • Additional security features include device locator, data back-up, lock, and wipe.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!

Last edited by Duffman; 07-18-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duffman For This Useful Post:
valuequest (07-28-2011)
Old 07-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Irishman42
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: HTC Rezound
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 6,129
The picture I saw for the new TEP ad, had the EVO View tablet in it, any chance they are adding Tablets to be covered?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
eggypadua
Telegraph User

Phone: Galaxys 2 ATT
SU$: 253
I need TEP in my Samsung Galaxys Tab.
Sanyo 8300, Sanyo 8400, Samsung M300, Palm Centro, Samsung Instinct, Samsung Reclaim, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch PRO 2, Palm Pre, HTC Hero.Samsung Moment, Blackberry Tour 9630, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Surround, Samsung Captivate, HTC Inspire HD, Iphone 3Gs, Samsung Galaxys Tab. Iphone 4 (AT&T), Samsung Skyrocket (AT&T).

Philadelphia, wimax and Evo 4G
eggypadua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
ajac
Satellite Phone User

Phone: htc evo
SU$: 34,956
tablet coverage on TEP is rumored to be coming soon!

Location location location.
ajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:27 AM   #5
ebe_boi
Telegraph User

Mood: Tired
My Mood: Tired
SU$: 300
yup. i know that the tabs are expensive, and to hve it replaced if lost or stolen with a deductible fee only would be beneficial for customers but not asurion. but i do hope in the near future they could add it on the list of devices that could avail tep.....
ebe_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #6
ebe_boi
Telegraph User

so we customers would have to log online to avail the open enrollment, could customers just call cs and asked it to be added like before, as i remember last year they have open enrolment as well and customer would just have to call in and add it..... am i correct . i think that was year sometime in april or may....
Old 07-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #7
Big Whiskey
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,557
I'm sure you can call CS and get it but they would prefer you to add it online. Saves them having to pay a rep commission for the sale, as well as for the time on the call.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
silenze
Telephone User

Phone: LG Optimus S
SU$: 3,350
Can we just add repair for 4$?
silenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
ebe_boi
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
tablet coverage on TEP is rumored to be coming soon!
yes i heard it form a friend that tablet and laptops wpuldbe soon covered by insuracne but not asurion. my frined told me that it would be $13 per month for the insurance....
Old 07-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
sparkys82
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 68
Has anyone used square trade instead of Sprints TEP.
Coverage Details

2 years of coverage: The SquareTrade Smartphone warranty covers your Smartphone for up to 2 years, starting on the date of purchase.

Covered Issues: Both accidents (e.g., broken screen or other damage through drops AND liquid damage including full immersion) and out-of-warranty normal use failures (e.g., battery no longer charging or other hardware failures) are covered. We do not cover loss, theft, willful damage or damage occurring through gross misuse.

Deductible: There is a $50 deductible when claiming on an accident (e.g., drops, spills). There is no deductible for a normal use failure (e.g., power issue).

How it works: You can file a claim online or on the phone. Depending on the issue, we will either fix your Smartphone or arrange for a replacement. To fix your Smartphone, we give you free overnight shipping to-and-from our depot and 80% of Smartphones are fixed the day of receipt. If you prefer the convenience of your local repair store, you can take it there and we will reimburse your repair costs.

Repair or Replacement: Based on what happened to your Smartphone, we will let you know if it's suitable for repair, otherwise we will arrange a replacement option.

Older Smartphone: This coverage is restricted to Smartphones purchased in the last 30 days. Older Smartphones can still be covered through the SquareTrade’s App.

Our 5-day service guarantee: We will replace OR fix and ship back your Smartphone within 5 business days of receiving it at the depot. If it takes longer, let us know and we'll be happy to refund the cost of your warranty.
sparkys82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #11
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman42
The picture I saw for the new TEP ad, had the EVO View tablet in it, any chance they are adding Tablets to be covered?
Yes. Tablet and netbook coverage will be provided by a company called Assurant. $13 for insurance, repair, and tech support. I am hoping it means we will no longer support over the phone.

I can post details if wanted.

Sent from my greasy Evo.
5,000 posts and I am outta here. Maybe I should not have wasted one in this thread.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duffman For This Useful Post:
Irishman42 (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
raiders
Account Inactive

Mood: Amused
Phone: evo 3d
Trades: 1
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,594
i have mine add already so the only thing that there are doing is having your phone hooked up and ready to go out of box. and getting the phone to you asap ... for a buck more ... yikes
raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
ebe_boi
Telegraph User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Yes. Tablet and netbook coverage will be provided by a company called Assurant. $13 for insurance, repair, and tech support. I am hoping it means we will no longer support over the phone.

I can post details if wanted.

Sent from my greasy Evo.
5,000 posts and I am outta here. Maybe I should not have wasted one in this thread.
yes please do... ive been thinking of getting a tab but im quite not sure since theres no protection policy with getting it..
Old 07-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #14
UALOneKPlus
Cellular Guru
- Contributor -

Phone: Treo650
SU$: 5,499
It's nice, but in reality a rip off for most consumers. This is a high profit item for Sprint (and other carriers).
Old 07-21-2011, 04:08 AM   #15
ebe_boi
Telegraph User

yeah. big time rip off.. just wandering abt the other tabs like the bb playbook,xoom and the 10.1 tab since those are considered accesories and dont need a full service plan. if in case something happend with the device, could we call cs and they could replace it or to a sprint corp store or we need to call the manufacturer to replace and repair it?
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > TEP Open Enrollment Aug. 1 – Aug. 31

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: