Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 49,912
Airave/Airvana: Anyone still having texting issues?

I have an Airvana but have ceased using it because it caused major texting issues as well as voicemail issues. However, our Sprint signal has gone from bad to worse, so I guess I have to try to use it again... but we can't live with the texting issues. Anyone else still have SMS problems?
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Handyman_TREO
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: onvacation
Phone: Palm Pre
SU$: 2,925
Samsung Airave 2G - only problem I have is that when I get a VM and call to check it, and delete it, my phone still says I have a message waiting. This does not happen when I delete the message while on a macro cell.

The workaround while still connected to the Airave is to send myself a VM, then check and delete it. I found out how to create a VM to myself from within the VM system. When I delete that message, the indicator is cleared. Simply going into the phone settings and telling it to clear the VMI does not work; it will simply reappear after a time until I perform the workaround (or get another voicemail and delete it).

The second workaround is to call the VM system while connected to a macrosite and hang up. That clears the indicator.

Last edited by Handyman_TREO; 06-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Handyman_TREO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper

Trades: 2
SU$: 49,912
Thanks... but I believe my issues are specific to the Airvana (Airave 3G)...
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
Italian_Man
Formerly known as ClearWire Tech

Mood: Amused
Phone: Galaxy Mega 6.3
SU$: 2,797
Every once in awhile i would have TXT problems on my phone. By power cycling the airvana fixed the issue until it did it again. I had my airvana a year now and only had TXT problems 3 times. Didnt do it to every phone. I havent had my airvana plugged in for about 3 weeks now, it keeps dropping connection to the tower.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
stmiranda
Telephone User

Phone: Galaxy S3
SU$: 1,166
No problems with my Airvana ...
stmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
DarkManX4lf
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 1,181
I have the 3G Airave and I just had someone tell me that my texts were repeating. They told me that it only repeated twice.
DarkManX4lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > Airave/Airvana: Anyone still having texting issues?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: