Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
j71rivera
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 82
Old Sprint Bill

I have an old sprint bill and want to come back to sprint. When i say old I mean in november i think it comes off my credit report. it was only for 300.00 ish. back then i lost my job and could not pay my bills. ive been with t mobile for the past year + have perfect payments with them so much in fact im on not even on the post pay i pay after the fact for everything. How long does sprint hold on to old bills. I really dont want to pay this bill and have it show up on my credit again for the next 7 years again as settled. Afraid to even call them about it and have them say i acknowledged my bill and reset the 7 year counter on it for that. Main reason i want back with sprint is well im a heave data usage person and t mobile has a 2 gig limit. then its dial-up and from what ive read this is not the case with sprint. That and the wife hates at&t and well looks like its heading that way. I guess i could just have the account set up in my wife's name if i have to. Any suggestions?
j71rivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,560
Sprint tracks you by your social security number so that bill will be remembered forever.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 5s
SU$: 21,560
Did you ever pay the old bill?
Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
gregory812
Telephone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 1,076
Think about what you're asking here, man...

How do you get Sprint to provide you a new contract, when you screwed them on the last dealings they had with you, and have no intention of paying your debt?

Would you do business with me if after 6 years I told you, "I don't want to pay that $300 I owe you, but hey can you sign a new contract with me anyways?"

I understand your situation, financially, and find myself with hardships as well. I am certainly not criticizing you or your past circumstances. However, it's a bit unreasonable to expect them to do business with you now, don't you think?
gregory812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
thermophile
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cynical
Phone: mopho/boldtouch
My Mood: Cynical
SU$: 1,880
I'm pretty sure sprint will eat an old bill of like 3/5 years old... youll just have a deposit and spending limit.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
akabadnews
Telegraph User

SU$: 435
I had a similar situation.

Sprint was my first carrier when I was 17. After a year and a half, I ended up tossing the phone in the river and never paying the rest of my bills for those remaining 6 months.

Fast forward 3 years and I check my very first credit report, and there it is! I owe Sprint 417.55. My Tmobile contract was up and I wanted to get the Palm Pre, so I went to a Sprint kiosk in the mall, and the associate told me I was denied service. Unless of course, I was willing to pay a $600 deposit. "F-that" I said. He ended up setting me up with an account with an unverified ss number, or something like that. I can't recall...

Came in as a brand new customer though.
akabadnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Old Sprint Bill

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: